10 wins this year?

gr82b4au

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yes, yes we did. Thanks for playing.

I got your point and it was well made. Not that you needed the support, lol. Some folks just need something to do, I reckon. 

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I got your point and it was well made. Not that you needed the support, lol. Some folks just need something to do, I reckon. 

Lol I appreciate it. I wish I wouldn’t have went down that road with that guy. Just ready for some dang football. There really needs to be some type of summer league 

2 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I would usually agree with the OL, but I'm not so quick to rule out the possibility that the OL will be just fine this time. Although we lose starters, we return a lot of guys that have been with the team for a while. Mike Horton and Marquell Harrell have both been in the works for a long time and I think we'll see the fruits of their labor this year. Prince Tega is being raved about and it I'm also expecting Calvin Ashley to begin to come into form. Driscoll, Kim, Troxell, Brahms, Sharp, Carr and Hamm are other guys that we could try out along the line. While the line will not have been together for much game play, I think the bodies and talent we will have will be serviceable enough to get us through the first few games and begin to round into form by mid season.

I also saw Wilson Bell is still on the roster for this year. Is that true or is that a misprint?

I very much hope you're right! One thing is for certain and that's that our OL coach will be able to squeeze every ounce of ability out of these talented players rather than whatever it was that Herb Hand was doing

8 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

LSU - 2-7 @ JH this century. Scoreboard. Thanks for coming out. 

Huh.  Interesting.  Nice to know we own someone like that at home.  They still own us worse at their place,  especially since we flopped worse than Cristiano Ronaldo in that 2nd half. 

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Lol I appreciate it. I wish I wouldn’t have went down that road with that guy.

55261754.jpg

After UW gives us a challenge, we'll beat the corndogs by double digits.

On paper we should be 10-2 or 9-3.  

Staying healthy is always a key.  WR play is the most important in my opinion followed by OL.  On the D side it’s always about stopping the run and getting pressure on the QB.

we can get great play at all those but will we?  That’s what makes the season fun

Things might be different when it comes to playing Arkansas now. One of Gus's good friends AND his former school. Will definitely take his foot off the pedal for this one.

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Things might be different when it comes to playing Arkansas now. One of Gus's good friends AND his former school. Will definitely take his foot off the pedal for this one.

I'd trade Gus for Morris yesterday

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Better not... also I bet the razorpig fans absolutely hate that Morris said this.

19 hours ago, corchjay said:

WR play is the most important in my opinion followed by OL.

Over RB? Other than Texas Tech and Washington State, how can WR trump RB in importance? Esp this season being we don’t have that bellcow we’ve had going into every season since 1999.

Guys...They're showing the American Cornhole League on Espn right now. We need football!!!

On 7/15/2018 at 12:18 PM, aubiefifty said:

question and did not want to start a new thread. if we beat bama again this year do the turds start grumbling about saban being over the hill? plus i would love to beat some good teams more than once eevery other year.

It would be interesting to see the reaction and how quickly they COULD turn on Satan (after him giving them SOOOOO... much) if he were to lose two in a row to us. I'm betting the fan base would turn in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, auskull said:

It would be interesting to see the reaction and how quickly they COULD turn on Satan (after him giving them SOOOOO... much) if he were to lose two in a row to us. I'm betting the fan base would turn in a heartbeat.

They'll be fine with an AU loss if the team ends hoisting another NC trophy,  i.e. 2017.   

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

They'll be fine with an AU loss if the team ends hoisting another NC trophy,  i.e. 2017.   

Agree.

We forgave Gus for the terrible early losses after the big wins in November. Then he had more bad losses, so we got mad again. It's the way of things. 

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agree.

We forgave Gus for the terrible early losses after the big wins in November. Then he had more bad losses, so we got mad again. It's the way of things. 

...and the way things shall be (per some guy "named" Son of Crow). Worth a read (if a tad shallow, and w./ just a teaser quote here).

"The Auburn Family (the group, not the twitter account) is a diverse collection of educated and well-meaning fans/crazy people. I love us. There is a Spirit That Is Not Afraid™ of firing off half-baked tweets on a variety of subjects during Auburn football games. This season, there are sure to be times when Auburn fans will reach for their phones in the fog of war or at least bourbon and shoot off a fire tweet for #auburntwitter to deal with. Because I love you, I am going to preview the 2018 Auburn Football fan tweets by topic."...

Previewing Our Complaints, What Will We Whine About in 2018?

https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2018/7/17/17583092/previewing-our-complaints

21 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

...and the way things shall be (per some guy "named" Son of Crow). Worth a read (if a tad shallow, and w./ just a teaser quote here).

"The Auburn Family (the group, not the twitter account) is a diverse collection of educated and well-meaning fans/crazy people. I love us. There is a Spirit That Is Not Afraid™ of firing off half-baked tweets on a variety of subjects during Auburn football games. This season, there are sure to be times when Auburn fans will reach for their phones in the fog of war or at least bourbon and shoot off a fire tweet for #auburntwitter to deal with. Because I love you, I am going to preview the 2018 Auburn Football fan tweets by topic."...

Previewing Our Complaints, What Will We Whine About in 2018?

https://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2018/7/17/17583092/previewing-our-complaints

I wonder what Son of Crow's handle is on AUF.

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I wonder what Son of Crow's handle is on AUF.

Some of it did sound familiar

5 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Still a good read. Only one I took issue with was the first one, which prompted my prior response. While I've heard a handful of people make the accusation, I've never heard anyone say that Chip calls the good plays and Gus calls the bad ones. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:
1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Still a good read. Only one I took issue with was the first one, which prompted my prior response. While I've heard a handful of people make the accusation, I've never heard anyone say that Chip calls the good plays and Gus calls the bad ones. 

My thoughts too.  Most of these we're not from AUF football board but from Twitter, I guess.  Although they probably are what some "hear" when they see critiques.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I’m more of a “Gus is just sandbagging” type of guy myself ???

12 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Bad enough to get JJ fired, good enough to get the fat contract. The man is a mad genius!

17 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Are you AUFan on the hardcore huskies forum?

10-2 is definitely possible. I think Bama and UGA will be slightly down from last season. Bama’s defense took a slight step back last season and I think they’ll step even farther back this season (they’re particularly thin at the DB position). 

Im not as worried about Washington as some. I know we haven’t done well in big games (besides the iron bowl) but Washington is similar to USC. They dominate in a smaller conference and when they play a good team out of conference they get beat. And they don’t have the speed to create the mismatches for us that UCF had 

4 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

And they don’t have the speed to create the mismatches for us that UCF had 

There's just all kinds of wrong with this statement.

Not saying you're wrong AT4Life.  It's just that the fact this could be true is just......so sad.

Archived