10 wins this year?

gr82b4au

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

10-2 is definitely possible. I think Bama and UGA will be slightly down from last season. Bama’s defense took a slight step back last season and I think they’ll step even farther back this season (they’re particularly thin at the DB position). 

Im not as worried about Washington as some. I know we haven’t done well in big games (besides the iron bowl) but Washington is similar to USC. They dominate in a smaller conference and when they play a good team out of conference they get beat. And they don’t have the speed to create the mismatches for us that UCF had 

I don't want to see any more comparisons of Washington to USC. 2003 still sucks

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

I don't want to see any more comparisons of Washington to USC. 2003 still sucks

I'm not sure if I can recall a bigger letdown- from the pre-game hype and expectations to just how badly we got whooped- since. 

10 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Negative. I’m on Reddit r/Cfb though!

I will see you around there then! I live on reddit practically. WE FAM NOW! lol. Never been to the r/cfb sub though. Is it active?

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will see you around there then! I live on reddit practically. WE FAM NOW! lol. Never been to the r/cfb sub though. Is it active?

Ohhhhhh man. It’s very active. I stay busy over there lol

438,622 current subscribers.

As of right now there are 3800 active users on the subreddit this moment.

10 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Ohhhhhh man. It’s very active. I stay busy over there lol

438,622 current subscribers.

As of right now there are 3800 active users on the subreddit this moment.

WOW! holy crap. That blew my expectations out of the water of what I thought the number might be. Is there a decent amount of Auburn fans and AU talk on there?

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm not sure if I can recall a bigger letdown- from the pre-game hype and expectations to just how badly we got whooped- since. 

The Jeremy Johnson experience is the only thing I can think of. Sure, not apples to apples but there are some parallels in regards to the expectation vs reality.

The Jeremy Johnson experience is the only thing I can think of. Sure, not apples to apples but there are some parallels in regards to the expectation vs reality.

I wonder how things would of gone differently if that bomb in the Ville game to jason smith he un corked which would of been a 70ish yard td pass had not been called back for holding just how much things could of been differently? Seems like it was all downhill from there after that.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I wonder how things would of gone differently if that bomb in the Ville game to jason smith he un corked which would of been a 70ish yard td pass had not been called back for holding just how much things could of been differently? Seems like it was all downhill from there after that.

I've thought about this actually. I've also thought about Kiehl Frazier or Trovon Reed's trajectory after Frazier threw a deep pass (vs Clemson in 2012) to the endzone and Reed caught it........out of bounds.

Man, that TD pass to Smith from JJ was a beauty though.

I've thought about this actually. I've also thought about Kiehl Frazier or Trovon Reed's trajectory after Frazier threw a deep pass (vs Clemson in 2012) to the endzone and Reed caught it........out of bounds.

Man, that TD pass to Smith from JJ was a beauty though.

JABA. A whole lot of what ifs with Auburn as per usual fammy! haha. sighhhhhhhhhhhh story of our Auburn fandom life.

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WOW! holy crap. That blew my expectations out of the water of what I thought the number might be. Is there a decent amount of Auburn fans and AU talk on there?

There is an okay amount. I usually will start some threads during the season that are stat heavy and there are pre/post game threads for all the games as well. There is an Auburn sub that is much less active (r/wde).

1 minute ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

There is an okay amount. I usually will start some threads during the season that are stat heavy and there are pre/post game threads for all the games as well. There is an Auburn sub that is much less active (r/wde).

Thanks for the scoop sir! Hate the AU thread is not active but it i snot suprising. Our fanbase skews older and reddit is mostly a place for youngerish people. but! I def will be lurking in the cfb reddit page. 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hell I thought the long TD run vs LSU would’ve settled him down. He was obviously spinning in circles mentally. I think the hype and his own expectations blocked his ability to perform and the second things went wrong, he started to fall apart.

People joke about the 2016 QB circuits against Clemson but I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a scheme to take the pressure off JJ and put him a big game without starting to see if he could get it going. To his credit, he was doing okay but then he airballed what should’ve been a TD and it was picked off. He didn’t play after that.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

JABA. A whole lot of what ifs with Auburn as per usual fammy! haha. sighhhhhhhhhhhh story of our Auburn fandom life.

If Gus can keep learning I am hopeful we put the JABA days behind us just like Dabo eliminated "Clemsoning"

6 hours ago, Tiger said:

If Gus can keep learning I am hopeful we put the JABA days behind us just like Dabo eliminated "Clemsoning"

lol that's never going away. It will be apart of us in some shape or form. Not always really bad stuff but you know JABA stuff.

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Bad enough to get JJ fired, good enough to get the fat contract.

I appreciate finally getting rid of JJ, I just hope that isn't his only legacy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2018 at 2:20 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Spot on IMO. That would have been the crank to get the car going.  That may have been the prettiest pass I have ever seen.  Next play, INT.

On 7/18/2018 at 3:20 PM, GwillMac6 said:

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Spot on IMO. That would have been the crank to get the car going.  That may have been the prettiest pass I have ever seen.  Next play, INT.

Yep. I know after that moment I felt like the football gods were angry at us and just weren't going to let us be happy. And I was totally looking at it through a filter, but it felt like you could just see all the air go out of JJ's body when they called that one back. Damn shame. 

On 7/16/2018 at 11:44 PM, corchjay said:

On paper we should be 10-2 or 9-3.  

Staying healthy is always a key.  WR play is the most important in my opinion followed by OL.  On the D side it’s always about stopping the run and getting pressure on the QB.

we can get great play at all those but will we?  That’s what makes the season fun

On paper we are way better than a 9-3 team. Better than uga on paper. Why we need to hit the 10 win mark this year. Not many excuses to go 9-3. 

53 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

On paper we are way better than a 9-3 team. Better than uga on paper. Why we need to hit the 10 win mark this year. Not many excuses to go 9-3. 

I said 10-2 or 9-3...  about where most pundits would put us I would think.  

What makes you think we are better then UGA on the road?  

QB - AU

DL - AU

RB - UGA

OL - UGA

WR - UGA

LB - toss up

DB - UGA

ST - UGA

game site - UGA

and to hear you tell it UGA by far on coaching because we have an idiot for a coach.

So where are we better?

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I said 10-2 or 9-3...  about where most pundits would put us I would think.  

What makes you think we are better then UGA on the road?  

QB - AU

DL - AU

RB - UGA

OL - UGA

WR - UGA

LB - toss up

DB - UGA

ST - UGA

game site - UGA

and to hear you tell it UGA by far on coaching because we have an idiot for a coach.

So where are we better?

Yeah. I was surprised to see how many talented upperclassmen uga is returning. I looked at their projected depth chart this morning and did a 180 on my thinking about what they look like on paper. They look like a playoff team again. Dammit. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I was surprised to see how many talented upperclassmen uga is returning. I looked at their projected depth chart this morning and did a 180 on my thinking about what they look like on paper. They look like a playoff team again. Dammit. 

They are a little thin at DL and a little green at LB.  but barring injuries they will have built depth on DL by the time we play and gained experience at LB.  Other then South Carolina early they have a cake schedule until us

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yep. I know after that moment I felt like the football gods were angry at us and just weren't going to let us be happy. And I was totally looking at it through a filter, but it felt like you could just see all the air go out of JJ's body when they called that one back. Damn shame. 

We were still paying our 2013 debts to the football lords. I think/hope Kerryon's injury finally paid our balance off in full.

giphy.gif

10 wins this isn't enough. We were 10-4 in 2018 and that wasn't even close to being enough. In fact, it felt like a losing season.

Archived