10 wins this year?

gr82b4au

8 wins at the worst, have to really see how the season progresses to really make a prediction on the mid season and later season games.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

10 wins this isn't enough. We were 10-4 in 2018 and that wasn't even close to being enough. In fact, it felt like a losing season.

That is ridiculous. It may be your opinion but its wrong.

Look, I’m far from the most positive person on here, but saying 2017 felt like a losing season is...just...no.

21 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

10 wins this isn't enough. We were 10-4 in 2018 and that wasn't even close to being enough. In fact, it felt like a losing season.

How patently ridiculous you are.    So you were as unhappy in 2017 (you know, when we beat TWO #1 teams in the country and won 10 games) as you were in 2012 when we won a TOTAL of 3 games?    You are an idiot and complete clueless.   10 wins felt like a losing season?  What a troll.

21 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Even though I was frustrated with several things from last year, and with the Clemson and LSU games in particular (classic wth were you thinking Gus games), in no way did last season feel like a losing season. We won the west, beat our rivals,  and were playing for a spot in the playoffs on the last game of the season (the SECCG). Sign me up for that every year!

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

A4E went over the top, but last season definitely feels like a lost opportunity. 

Yeah, going after A4E in a serious way is sorta silly.  His/Her comments are obviously low hanging troll fruit and frankly we all know that all the lights aren't on in that condo.   Just hit'em with a Gif and laugh it off.

On 7/13/2018 at 2:48 AM, Tiger said:

Has any team ever lost 4 of 5 OL starters and came back to win double digit games? 

We have a QB

We have WRs

We have RBs that can run

Our OL is looking shaky as well as our pass protection from the RB spot.

Defensive front will be nasty

Defensive backfield shaky

I know no team is without deficiencies but to me it seems like poor OL is the worst weak spot to have (outside of QB). If you can't block you can't move the ball --> can't get first downs --> have to punt often --> defense keeps staying on the field --> eventually defense wears down --> give up points in critical moments --> everyone is cranky in the game thread lol

We win 8.  lack of returning line and Gus's usual tendencies relegate us to mediocrity.  I see more of the bowl game....for the life of me, I cannot understand the SEC CG and that bowl game.  It's like two entirely different teams and staffs playes UGA and Bama vs UGA in tthe CG and UCF in the bowl game.

23 minutes ago, japantiger said:

We win 8.  lack of returning line and Gus's usual tendencies relegate us to mediocrity.  I see more of the bowl game....for the life of me, I cannot understand the SEC CG and that bowl game.  It's like two entirely different teams and staffs playes UGA and Bama vs UGA in tthe CG and UCF in the bowl game.

You're not alone!!! 

49 minutes ago, japantiger said:

I think it's easy to forget we were up a touchdown in the 2nd quarter and inside the UGA 20 about to take a two score lead before the Stidham sack/fumble.  The final score makes the game look way worse, but it's not like we didn't show up for the SECG from the beginning. 

Also, UGA had some killer self inflicted wounds in our first game that helped us route them in JHS.  That missed TD pass in the 2nd quarter (dude was WIDE open) would have given them the lead.  Instead we get the ball back, scored, and the boat race was on.

Really, both games were similar, just in opposite directions.  Close at the half, losing team actually had the first TD, etc.

3 hours ago, japantiger said:

We win 8

Well unfortunately That is what I am thinking as well at this point. Lose to wash, lose to MSU or LSU, and lose the last 2 on the road. 

I think we will be in all games because we have the Defense and the QB. We need an OL. 

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well unfortunately That is what I am thinking as well at this point. Lose to wash, lose to MSU or LSU, and lose the last 2 on the road. 

I think we will be in all games because we have the Defense and the QB. We need an OL. 

I agree. 8-4

I also think we lose to Udub and the 2 evil mullet twins.  

Our 4th loss is most likely A&M. But could also be LSU. 

This is totally based on AU and when we play the above teams.  I think there’s  a good chance MSU will be better than A&M and LSU, but they play us right in the middle of the season, that precious window where Gus has finally figured it out and the injuries haven’t derailed us yet.  

Following suit with the typical season we either A. Play a totally outmatched team in the bowl, our injuries have healed and we win, finishing 9-4.  B. We play totally uninspired and the game plan looks like the coaches mailed it in too, so we lose our bowl game to a team we have no business losing to, finishing 8-5

34 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I agree. 8-4

I also think we lose to Udub and the 2 evil mullet twins.  

Our 4th loss is most likely A&M. But could also be LSU. 

This is totally based on AU and when we play the above teams.  I think there’s  a good chance MSU will be better than A&M and LSU, but they play us right in the middle of the season, that precious window where Gus has finally figured it out and the injuries haven’t derailed us yet.  

Following suit with the typical season we either A. Play a totally outmatched team in the bowl, our injuries have healed and we win, finishing 9-4.  B. We play totally uninspired and the game plan looks like the coaches mailed it in too, so we lose our bowl game to a team we have no business losing to, finishing 8-5

This board will burn if we go 8-4 haha

2 hours ago, DAG said:

This board will burn if we go 8-4 haha

Funny thing is we could be better than last year but finish 8-4. Our schedule is brutal. 

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Funny thing is we could be better than last year but finish 8-4. Our schedule is brutal. 

You think this schedule is more brutal than last years schedule? 

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nah, our schedule is one of the toughest in the country every year. (SECW, uga as our perm, and we have a knack for picking an OC who winds up in the playoffs or close to it)

And you’re right @DAG, this board will melt down if we go 8-4 (probably melt down after our 2nd loss)

22 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Nah, our schedule is one of the toughest in the country every year. (SECW, uga as our perm, and we have a knack for picking an OC who winds up in the playoffs or close to it)

And you’re right @DAG, this board will melt down if we go 8-4 (probably melt down after our 2nd loss)

Yeah but people get caught up in the moment . Prior to us playing UGA last year , half this board looked down on them and considered them mediocre because guess what? They were. Now, they have potentially found a coach who knows how to untap that potential they always had. It was the same with Clemson until they found a coach who did the exact same thing. 

yes, we are in the SEC so that comes with the territory but being in the SEC also gives us unprecedented respect from the committee.

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Agreed. We could play very good ball against UW, uga and bama and still lose. And we don't know what a lot of the other teams on our schedule will look like by the time we play them so there could be another well-played loss on the schedule. 

36 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Agreed. We could play very good ball against UW, uga and bama and still lose. And we don't know what a lot of the other teams on our schedule will look like by the time we play them so there could be another well-played loss on the schedule. 

I, for one, am okay with that.  You can't win'em all and most of us are realistic enough to realize that.  ..... that's sports.

As long as no #butgus moments occur then that will be satisfactory.

With that said, there's NO way to predict how many they're going to win until the perpetual wildcard is fixed.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:37 PM, Scotty2Hotty said:

LSU - 2-7 @ JH this century. Scoreboard. Thanks for coming out. 

I want my free bottle of Turtle Wax for being in the studio audience ?

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Absolutely. Our three toughest opponents will be on the road this year in the SEC. Those were all home games last year. Our opening game will be against a top 5 team that most are predicting to get the playoffs. Last year we at least had a warm up game before Clemson to try and work out the kinks. Of course it did not help. Haha

Archived