President chickens out in front of his daddy

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

I’m sure it hurts to know you’ve aligned yourself with a traitor. 

Benedict Arnold was a traitor. Trump spoke poorly.

But then again, you say Trump is a racist too. It’s a shame that you’ve become so predictable in your posts. Objectivity would do you well.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

.but some are wondering who DT is working for but you might also want to consider who the intelligence community is loyal too also.   JMO

common sense and logic does not get it 64

Opening his 3 p.m. newscast, anchor Shepard Smith, known as the Fox News host most likely to push back against Trump, did not mince words. “

Shameful, disgraceful, treasonous: Three of the descriptions of what President Donald Trump did today in Helsinki,” Smith said. “Asked whether he believes American intelligence or the Russian thug standing next to him, President Trump declined to stand up for his own people and instead embraced Vladimir Putin.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/trump-putin-fox-news-724372

8 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Funny you quote FOX when it suits your narrative but bash them when it doesn't

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Thanks for keeping us up to speed. FOX is quotable when something is said against Trump. That’s comical.

Is treason the new thing now Nola?

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Not if someone actually knows what treason is.

i mean like a "buzz word". something that gets a little attention for a bit yet means nothing.

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Thanks for keeping us up to speed. FOX is quotable when something is said against Trump. That’s comical.

EDIT: PT beat me to it!

I regard Shep Smith as a man of integrity. Look through my post history. I’ll wait. 

21 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

common sense and logic does not get it 64

There's no common sense or logic to 64's post.  Just a lot of reckless speculation.

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Not if someone actually knows what treason is.

Which “team” he’s on can’t really be questioned after today.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Well, Trump finally shot someone. Let’s see if he loses followers. 

Elle, I genuinely like you, but this is type of thing that hurts, not helps, the left's case.  It's far too hyperbolic to say he's a traitor at this time.  That simply hasn't been proven and is reckless speak that tends to give Trump supporters more reason to bunker down behind him.  When those folks say "you guys can't have a rational conversation", this is what they mean.  And by sharing/posting things like this instead of engaging in dialogue, you're less likely to change minds.

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Which “team” he’s on can’t really be questioned after today.

Did you mean for this to be in response to my post? Think it may have been an accident.

3 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Did you mean for this to be in response to my post? Think it may have been an accident.

I’ll agree there’s nothing legally actionable to nail him for treason, but face it, this is simply the latest indicator of where his loyalties truly lie. 

Lot of folks here not grasping the gravity of what Trump did today. 

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I’ll agree there’s nothing legally actionable to nail him for treason, but face it, this is simply the latest indicator of where his loyalties truly lie. 

Here's where I see this.  Trump's loyalties lie with Trump.  No one or nothing else.  If flattering/cozying up to Putin benefits Trump, he'll do it.  If it's acting like a common man during the campaign that understands the plight of someone in Mobile, AL, he'll do it.  Go back and read things from people who have worked for him through the years.  It's all about what's best for DJT.

Just now, AUDub said:

That he’s loyal to Russia, not the USA? Do you really think that? I would say that’s just as unreasonably tenuous an assertion as all of those made by people who, two years ago, were worried that he’d start a war with Russia. It’s just as unreasonably tenuous as all of the republicans who said Obama rooted for terrorists in the Middle East.

I can’t defend what he said today, but c’mon.

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

this is simply the latest indicator of where his loyalties truly lie.

Agree. Obviously his loyalties are with the American voter. The man nor his ego will let his legitimate run to the POTUS be tainted by the Russia BS.  

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Here's where I see this.  Trump's loyalties lie with Trump.  No one or nothing else.  If flattering/cozying up to Putin benefits Trump, he'll do it.  If it's acting like a common man during the campaign that understands the plight of someone in Mobile, AL, he'll do it.  Go back and read things from people who have worked for him through the years.  It's all about what's best for DJT.

That’s true. Who is pulling the reins right now though?

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Agree. Obviously his loyalties are with the American voter. The man nor his ego will let his legitimate run to the POTUS be tainted by the Russia BS.  

Even if it means tainting his own country's intelligence community and a Republican led Congress, right?

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

That he’s loyal to Russia, not the USA? Do you really think that? I would say that’s just as unreasonably tenuous an assertion as all of those made by people who, two years ago, were worried that he’d start a war with Russia. It’s just as unreasonably tenuous as all of the republicans who said Obama rooted for terrorists in the Middle East.

I can’t defend what he said today, but c’mon.

Again, a lot of folks not grasping the gravity of what he did today. He’s a blithering idiot. He just took the word of a ruthless autocrat over the intelligence community of this country, in the face of unassailable evidence. Make of that what you will Nola. It’s indefensible.  

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That’s true. Who is pulling the reins right now though?

Fair question.  I personally think Russia either has something he wants in business or has something on him, but obviously that's not provable right now.  But today was absolutely beyond embarrassing for our country and I think all except the most strident Trump supporters see that.  The proof among elected Republican leaders though will be in the follow up to keep pressure up on him to acknowledge Russia for what it is, our enemy.

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Again, a lot of folks not grasping the gravity of what he did today. He’s a blithering idiot. He just took the word of a ruthless autocrat over the intelligence community of this country, in the face of unassailable evidence. Make of that what you will Nola. It’s indefensible.  

I’m not defending Trump, I’m just in disagreement with the collateral conclusion being spawned left and right.

Archived