President chickens out in front of his daddy

TitanTiger

43 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

LOL

Unusual, this timeline, when even his words are not evidence enough for his defenders. 

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Cohen has been a Putin apologist for years, even defending his actions in Ukraine. 

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

So I watched with an open mind and not a partisan bias. One could easily argue he did not throw anyone, much less the IC under the bus. Don't get caught up in the noise. He is a horrible orator? Yes. 

I don't see how anyone can come to that conclusion, but as you wish.

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Unusual, this timeline, when even his words are not evidence enough for his defenders. 

What words are you describing? Not all defend. Some interpret without bias.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't see how anyone can come to that conclusion, but as you wish.

I did not vote for the clown nor his opponent. Somehow, i doubt you can say this. Amiright?

Homophobia is ok if it's used to attack Trump with:

kissingtrumpputin.jpg?itok=KLQu6PEU

http://thehill.com/media/397497-nyt-cartoon-depicting-trump-and-putin-as-gay-spurs-backlash-over-homophobia

"[The Times opinion section] believes it’s important to showcase a diversity of thought through a range of distinct contributor voices, such as Bill Plympton, who is known for his irreverent, unsettling and at times disturbing cartoons," a spokesman for the Times said in a statement to NBC News.

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Cohen has been a Putin apologist for years, even defending his actions in Ukraine. 

I have no problem keeping friends close, enemies closer. I can appreciate the attempt. 

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I have no problem keeping friends close, enemies closer. I can appreciate the attempt. 

That's spin that has no objective basis.  At best it's speculation.  There's really nothing to go on to believe they see them as enemies.

4 hours ago, shabby said:

well say he did actually misspoke there. what about the countless times he has refused to acknowledge or minimize. the intelligence communities assessment outside of this press conference. also in the press conference he sure made a tremendous effort to note that Putin made a very strong defense against Russia meddling. why did he say that?  truth is action means more than words. if trump truly believes Russia interfered and is concerned why hasn't he directed Congress to beef up security before the 2018 elections.

Fair enough but Obama knew about the Russian meddling BEFORE the 2016 election. Why didn't he do or say something. Wait......he did in fact. in Oct. 2016 he said there was no russian meddling. Guess he thought Hillary would win so need to acknowledge it.

40 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I was thinking more in the vein of “disappointed” as opposed to “disturbed.” Though I do think one could objectively be disturbed with his comments. Russia will always be an adversary. They only get stronger if we get weaker. We, as a country, must always see that. I’m relieved he’s back-tracking on his comments. 

(To all the others, ask me to expound before inferring something I did not say, lest we engage in a petty puss fight againeeeeee)

“I meant to say wouldn’t.” LMAO. Seriously? That’s what relieves you? And I’m not trying to be snarky but how in the name of sweet baby Moses does a POTUS saying he mistakenly used would instead of wouldn’t  bring an element of relief? Is it because he almost halfway admitted to a mistake but then reiterated that again, anybody could have hacked us? I’m honestly not following you there. 

To all the others? Other posts, other people? 

7 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

“I meant to say wouldn’t.” LMAO. Seriously? That’s what relieves you? And I’m not trying to be snarky but how in the name of sweet baby Moses does a POTUS saying he mistakenly used would instead of wouldn’t  bring an element of relief? Is it because he almost halfway admitted to a mistake but then reiterated that again, anybody could have hacked us? I’m honestly not following you there. 

Maybe because he is human and not perfect like you?

9 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Fair enough but Obama knew about the Russian meddling BEFORE the 2016 election. Why didn't he do or say something. Wait......he did in fact. in Oct. 2016 he said there was no russian meddling. Guess he thought Hillary would win so need to acknowledge it.

Didn't Obama go to Mitch McConnell then make the report and ask to make a joint statement about the meddling? McConnell refused

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/24/580171396/biden-mcconnell-refused-to-sign-bipartisan-statement-on-russian-interference

3 minutes ago, shabby said:

Didn't Obama go to Mitch McConnell then make the report and ask to make a joint statement about the meddling? McConnell refused

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/01/24/580171396/biden-mcconnell-refused-to-sign-bipartisan-statement-on-russian-interference

I don't know about Uncle Joe. I was just going by a statement Obama made on TV in Oct. 2016. Don't have a link but saw it recently

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

Putin made Trump wait for one hour before showing up, then was the first to speak.  You have to believe Putin has some serious goods on Trump the way he's rubbing it in. 

"Who's your daddy?"  

If Putin had any goods on Trump, Trump wouldn't have increased sanctions against Russia or ended the gutless Obama's arms embargo and started selling military equipment to the Ukraine. Those were real, important measures that Trump took against Russia.  But get all happy about an inconsequential press conference if you must, you have precious little else to cheer about on the political front these days.

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I did not vote for the clown nor his opponent. Somehow, i doubt you can say this. Amiright?

Yep, you're right.  Doesn't mean it's a partisan thing though.

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I agree with poorly speaking. Nothing new here. He is a horrible orator. 

I agree and have worked for a couple of multi-millionaire buisness owners in the same boat.........all the money in the world wont change that.........rude and crude.......the pays was good so I leaned to tune it out.

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Me neither.  Guess it's why I feel no compulsion to defend either of them.

8 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

He has said/back-tracked more than that. At least from the reports I’ve read. Yes, it’s relieving - It’s better than him insisting and pushing forward the perception that he precipitated on Monday.  Even though most will claim “they’ve known he would do this all along.” Doesn’t mean I’m now ok with what he said. It was wrong.

With that said, I’m not going to claim that he ratified the Russia investigation in terms of his culpability. I’d say that’s a stretch.

Other people. 

14 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

He has said/back-tracked more than that. At least from the reports I’ve read. Yes, it’s relieving - It’s better than him insisting and pushing forward the perception that he precipitated on Monday.  Even though most will claim “they’ve known he would do this all along.” Doesn’t mean I’m now ok with what he said. It was wrong.

With that said, I’m not going to claim that he ratified the Russia investigation in terms of his culpability. I’d say that’s a stretch.

Other people. 

I guess I just don’t understand how you see his culpability as a stretch. Despite what he says ( he is a well documented liar) he does have ties to Russia. His son met with a Russian agent, his campaign manager has been indicted as well as his national security advisor. Trump had tried to do business in Russia for years. Everywhere you look there’s a line back to Russia. How would you defend him were he your client?

34 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I guess I just don’t understand how you see his culpability as a stretch. Despite what he says ( he is a well documented liar) he does have ties to Russia. His son met with a Russian agent, his campaign manager has been indicted as well as his national security advisor. Trump had tried to do business in Russia for years. Everywhere you look there’s a line back to Russia. How would you defend him were he your client?

First and foremost, the burden of proof is proof beyond reasonable doubt in criminal cases and merely having ties to Russia doesn’t satisfy that burden, much less not having a particular criminal statute at play.

Based on public evidence right now, if he was my client and charges were brought forth, I would file a Rule 12(b)(3)  motion for failure to state an offense [(12)(b)(3)(B)(v)]

9 hours ago, shabby said:

9 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't know about Uncle Joe. I was just going by a statement Obama made on TV in Oct. 2016. Don't have a link but saw it recently

Shabby is correct.  Paul Ryan was willing to make some sort of joint statement about Russian interference before the election, but McConnell refused.  Obama, knowing he couldn't release the info pre-election on his own without looking like a totally partisan hit job, sat on the info.

40 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I would file a Rule 12(b)(3)  motion for failure to state an offense [(12)(b)(3)(B)(v)]

Was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it Nola. ^-^

11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

What words are you describing? Not all defend. Some interpret without bias.

Takes a lot of effort to spin this hard. MAGA must be hard work. 

Archived