President chickens out in front of his daddy

TitanTiger

I agree with this assessment of what Trump did and did not do in his follow up statements

ough President Trump took back one wordfrom his news conference with Vladimir Putin, claiming he misspoke, First Read highlights what he didn’t try to clean up:

• “I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we’ve all been foolish.”
  • “I think that the [Mueller] probe is a disaster for our country. I think it’s kept us apart. It’s kept us separated. There was no collusion at all. Everybody knows it.”
  • “You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the [DNC’s] server. Why haven’t they taken the server? Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee? I’ve been wondering that.”
  • “What happened to Hillary Clinton’s emails? Thirty-three thousand emails gone — just gone. I think, in Russia, they wouldn’t be gone so easily. I think it’s a disgrace that we can’t get Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 emails.”
  • “So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”
  • “And what [Putin] did is an incredible offer; he offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 [indicted Russians]. I think that’s an incredible offer.” (By the way, Putin’s condition for that offer? That Americans and U.S. residents who Russia believes have committed illegal actions should be questioned, too.)

“So what should be the major takeaway? That Trump tried to clean up a couple of statements from his meeting with Putin? Or that didn’t walk back everything else he said in Helsinki.”

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

First and foremost, the burden of proof is proof beyond reasonable doubt in criminal cases and merely having ties to Russia doesn’t satisfy that burden, much less not having a particular criminal statute at play.

Based on public evidence right now, if he was my client and charges were brought forth, I would file a Rule 12(b)(3)  motion for failure to state an offense [(12)(b)(3)(B)(v)]

You haven’t even seen what charges might be brought, yet you’re claiming those yet to occur hypothetical charges fail to state an offense? ?

28 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You haven’t even seen what charges might be brought, yet you’re claiming those yet to occur hypothetical charges fail to state an offense? ?

You’re right (in a way), I was answering her question in light of public evidence at this moment. To my knowledge, there’s no evidence that he’s committed a crime. 

Put it like this, if charges are brought, the evidence upon which they rest won’t be what the public knows at this moment. 

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re right (in a way), I was answering her question in light of public evidence at this moment. To my knowledge, there’s no evidence that he’s committed a crime. 

Put it like this, if charges are brought, the evidence upon which they rest won’t be what the public knows at this moment. 

Which is often the case with this type of investigation.

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Did he do that? You sure?

i am. he took the word over the kgb over our own country. he has been dissing our intel folks for months. there is a reason more and more repubs are speaking out as well as the dems.

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Which is often the case with this type of investigation.

Right. So can I not get crucified for that post? 

Lol you’ve been a good sport 

16 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Look, if he's admitting error, it's already progress.  These are lessons most of us learned at a young age, but better late than never.

he is only backtracking because even a lot of his base is pissed, including many at fox news. he is a serial liar so until he proves otherwise i will continue to be skeptical.

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I don't know about Uncle Joe. I was just going by a statement Obama made on TV in Oct. 2016. Don't have a link but saw it recently

You remember Uncle Joe, he was the one afraid to cut the cake, Who wants to tell poor Aunt Sarah, Joe's run off to Fire Lake........Bob Seger, 1980.  You youngsters should go listen to the song.  It has great lyrics!!!

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

he is only backtracking because even a lot of his base is pissed, including many at fox news. he is a serial liar so until he proves otherwise i will continue to be skeptical.

Who knows. Any other person who claimed that they used the wrong word would be easier to believe. 

More than that, the tone he set angered me. We must never succumb. Russia is a foe, not a friend. God forbid their next victims are US citizens, in a more direct way. Do I want a war? Hell no. But damnit, they only want what’s good for them. That means making America weaker. They’re already infiltrating us with acts of espionage.

Go look what I posted in the sacred forum re “an important day in history.” Our country thrives on the shoulders of giants. The conveyor belt of our history is ripe with the corpses of martyrs. May what they stood for never be forgotten.....

36 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Right. So can I not get crucified for that post? 

Lol you’ve been a good sport 

I’ve gently corrected. ;)

The tirade he went on about patriotism calling football players “sons of bitches “ should be ringing loudly in memory today. The parallels and irony are astounding. Those sons of bitches didn’t backtrack like this piece of s*** just half ass did. The sooner he’s impeached, arrested, chokes on an olive pit or has a Titleist shanked into his temple the better off the world will be. 

20 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Good for him. At least he has said he misspoke regarding our intelligence. Not many politicians would do that. I respect him even more as POTUS.

Not many politicians would have simply dismissed what every intelligence agency in the government told him in the first place.

19 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I'm really sick and tired of your ad hominem attacks on my personal life that you constantly throw at me from behind your computer screen. You're a bully and a jerk. It's cheap and uncalled for. I would appreciate if you would stop. If you're truly this interested in my choice of profession and my ability to do it, let me send you some of the work I have done and base your judgements off of that. Deal? You know nothing about my goals nor my ability to do what I do well. Again, the brief interactions I have on here are not indicative of my ability to perform my profession. Perhaps you have the decency to respect my wishes, but I won't count on it.  Grow up. People are taking dispute with a snippet of what I said regarding Trump's comments after meeting with Putin - an insufficient base line to draw the specific conclusions that are being thrown around about me in regards to my personal life. 

Also and notably, if my dad or grandfather were saying these things to a 20-something year old, I'd be ashamed. Are you really so insecure about yourself? 

Finally and again, I wasn't offering a summation of what happened. Here you are again, piggy-backing off of the arguments of others and simultaneously spewing out opinions on my choice of profession.

And If you must know, I am in the top ten percent of my class and have honors in trial advocacy. I must be pretty good at presenting arguments in front of judges and on law exams. Let me guess, LSU is just a s***ty law school? Please, let me send you a paper I wrote. 

You've gone out of your way to antagonize me and you've succeeded, so congratulations "half wit".  I don't need you to send me any of your work.  After all, you display you work daily on this forum.

You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

17 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

He did. I actually think he admitted as much. Nothing new.

At some point, you'd think the left would think before arming him with more votes and strengthening his base. Just accept he does this weekly and move along. But no, the pseudo intellects don't get it. Amazing? Not really. 

That's great.   If you point out Trump's weekly incompetency and nefariousness you are a "pseudo intellect" and don't get it. :roflol:

That's some "amazing" logic.

7 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Not many politicians would have simply dismissed what every intelligence agency in the government told him in the first place.

Saying he “ misspoke “ is as dishonest as anything the stupid bastard has ever tried to sell. But he knows who he can count on to buy it. The usual crew has their spoons ready for what ever he dumps on their plates. 

Just remember his denial he used when the gold star widow from Florida said he was brash to her loss and didn’t recall her husbands name. The whole “I’m a smart guy, Ivey League educated, had the file in my hand “ 

It saddens me worse than it pisses me off. 

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

you are the very words you claim above. see you and your circle jerk buddies had a great conversation yapping about a twenty something today.

disgusting. 

:'(

6 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

I guess I just don’t understand how you see his culpability as a stretch. Despite what he says ( he is a well documented liar) he does have ties to Russia. His son met with a Russian agent, his campaign manager has been indicted as well as his national security advisor. Trump had tried to do business in Russia for years. Everywhere you look there’s a line back to Russia. How would you defend him were he your client?

Just like he's doing now of course.  ;D

3 hours ago, shabby said:

I agree with this assessment of what Trump did and did not do in his follow up statements

ough President Trump took back one wordfrom his news conference with Vladimir Putin, claiming he misspoke, First Read highlights what he didn’t try to clean up:

• “I hold both countries responsible. I think that the United States has been foolish. I think we’ve all been foolish.”
  • “I think that the [Mueller] probe is a disaster for our country. I think it’s kept us apart. It’s kept us separated. There was no collusion at all. Everybody knows it.”
  • “You have groups that are wondering why the FBI never took the [DNC’s] server. Why haven’t they taken the server? Why was the FBI told to leave the office of the Democratic National Committee? I’ve been wondering that.”
  • “What happened to Hillary Clinton’s emails? Thirty-three thousand emails gone — just gone. I think, in Russia, they wouldn’t be gone so easily. I think it’s a disgrace that we can’t get Hillary Clinton’s 33,000 emails.”
  • “So I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”
  • “And what [Putin] did is an incredible offer; he offered to have the people working on the case come and work with their investigators with respect to the 12 [indicted Russians]. I think that’s an incredible offer.” (By the way, Putin’s condition for that offer? That Americans and U.S. residents who Russia believes have committed illegal actions should be questioned, too.)

“So what should be the major takeaway? That Trump tried to clean up a couple of statements from his meeting with Putin? Or that didn’t walk back everything else he said in Helsinki.”

That was just an unfortunate choice of words, strung together in an unfortunate series of sentences reflecting an unfortunate choice of assertions. ;)

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Your apology is accepted Brother Homer. Now, lets all work on being civil.

I see what you did there you old wit you.  ;)

But you really hurt my feelings, comparing me to Trump.

Oh, I see they're asking us to restore civility again. Like damned infants pooping their diapers and then crying for the grownups to change them. 

Image result for trump baby

59 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You've gone out of your way to antagonize me and you've succeeded, so congratulations "half wit".  I don't need you to send me any of your work.  After all, you display you work daily on this forum.

You can dish it out, but you can't take it.

Figured. 

Archived