President chickens out in front of his daddy

TitanTiger

Utterly embarrassing.  Easily a low point in a presidency full of them.

McCain unloads, nails it ...

Sen. John McCain lit into President Donald Trump for his joint press conference with Russian President Vladimir Putin Monday, calling the appearance “one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president in memory.”

“The damage inflicted by President Trump’s naiveté, egotism, false equivalence, and sympathy for autocrats is difficult to calculate,” the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee said in a statement. "But it is clear that the summit in Helsinki was a tragic mistake.

“President Trump proved not only unable, but unwilling to stand up to Putin,” added the Arizona Republican who has frequently tangled with Trump. “He and Putin seemed to be speaking from the same script as the president made a conscious choice to defend a tyrant against the fair questions of a free press, and to grant Putin an uncontested platform to spew propaganda and lies to the world.”

Over the course of the briefing, Trump said that the United States was to blame for tensions between the two nations, hailed Russia as a “good competitor,” and even sided with Putin over U.S. intelligence agencies on whether the Kremlin interfered in the 2016 election to boost his presidential campaign.

"These were the deliberate choices of a president who seems determined to realize his delusions of a warm relationship with Putin’s regime without any regard for the true nature of his rule," McCain continued. “Coming close on the heels of President Trump’s bombastic and erratic conduct towards our closest friends and allies in Brussels and Britain, today’s press conference marks a recent low point in the history of the American Presidency."

The presence of “competent and patriotic advisors makes his blunders and capitulations all the more painful,” McCain said. “No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/mccain-trump-russia-putin-724370

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

House Speaker Paul Ryan contradicted several comments Trump made during his Helsinki news conference, most notably backing the US intelligence community assessment that Russia meddled with the US 2016 presidential election.

"There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world," said Ryan, a Republican from Wisconsin, in a statement. "That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence."

Ryan continued, "The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/16/politics/congress-reaction-trump-putin-comments/index.html

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Who knew a loudmouthed blowhard would turn out to be such a beta?

I don’t like her either, but she knew exactly what he would be and do:

Senator Ben Sasse, a Nebraska Republican, blasted Trump’s statement that blamed both sides for problems in the U.S.-Russia relationship as “bizarre and flat-out wrong.”

“America wants a good relationship with the Russian people but Vladimir Putin and his thugs are responsible for Soviet-style aggression,” Sasse said in a statement.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-16/republicans-call-trump-summit-remarks-shameful-and-bizarre

None of you or any reporter you quote know what went on or was said in their private meeting. All anyone saw was the PR  where there was no way either one was going to confront the other on any major issue. I doubt any here have ever worked wit the Russians and understand their mentality. I have while working with them on the Space Station Program. I have been to Moscow several times. I actually  ferreted out a KGB guy among a group of 25 while "baby sitting" them in Houston and got his VISA revoked and sent his butt home. Of course I can never go to Russia again but who cares.

I simply think that having the summit and Trump meeting Putin face to face was a very positive thing. No one howled when Netanyahu met with Putin a week or so ago.But I guess tolerance of anyone else's opinion is not a strong point of some in this forum.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

None of you know what went on or was said in their private meeting. All anyone saw was the PR  where there was no way either one was going to confront the other on any major issue. I douby any here have ever worked wit the Russians and understand their mentality. I have while working with them on the Space Station Program. I have been to Moscow several times. I actually  ferreted out a KGB guy among a group of 25 while "baby sitting" them in Houston and got his VISA revoked and sent his butt home. Of course I can never go to Russia again but who cares.

I simply think that having the summit and Trump meeting Putin face to face was a very positive thing. But I guess tolerance of anyone else's opinion is not a strong point of some in this forum.

???

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

None of you or any reporter you quote know what went on or was said in their private meeting. All anyone saw was the PR  where there was no way either one was going to confront the other on any major issue. I doubt any here have ever worked wit the Russians and understand their mentality. I have while working with them on the Space Station Program. I have been to Moscow several times. I actually  ferreted out a KGB guy among a group of 25 while "baby sitting" them in Houston and got his VISA revoked and sent his butt home. Of course I can never go to Russia again but who cares.

I simply think that having the summit and Trump meeting Putin face to face was a very positive thing. But I guess tolerance of anyone else's opinion is not a strong point of some in this forum.

Total spin and utter horse***t.

Putin had zero trouble confronting us at the same presser - he pointedly criticized the US for pulling out of the Iran deal.  He pointedly disagreed with the US position on Russian aggression in the Ukraine.  Only Trump didn't have the balls to do the same when given the opportunity.

Trump is the POTUS.  Our POTUS should never take the Russians' side vs our intelligence community.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Total spin and utter horse***t.

Putin had zero trouble confronting us at the same presser - he pointedly criticized the US for pulling out of the Iran deal.  He pointedly disagreed with the US position on Russian aggression in the Ukraine.  Only Trump didn't have the balls to do the same when given the opportunity.

Trump is the POTUS.  Our POTUS should never take the Russians' side vs our intelligence community.

Pretty much this.  And I find it hilarious that PT had no answer/comeback to the bolded.  Conveniently left it out of his reply.

I'm not here for your "I'm rubber and you're glue" style retorts today, PT.  This ain't Romper Room.  Step up and discuss substance or shut the hell up.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not here for your "I'm rubber and you're glue" style retorts today, PT.  This ain't Romper Room.  Step up and discuss substance or shut the hell up.

He's doing it in another thread, too. Just pretending that he hasn't said things that he said just in the last couple days. Refusing to answer questions. He's treating conversations like Trump treated the draft. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

He's doing it in another thread, too. Just pretending that he hasn't said things that he said just in the last couple days. Refusing to answer questions. He's treating conversations like Trump treated the draft. 

I would respond but Sheriff Titan told me to shut up in a nice Christian way.

3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I would respond but Sheriff Titan told me to shut up in a nice Christian way.

I told you to respond with substance.  But yes, if you lack the will or ability to do that, then shut up.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I simply think that having the summit and Trump meeting Putin face to face was a very positive thing. No one howled when Netanyahu met with Putin a week or so ago.But I guess tolerance of anyone else's opinion is not a strong point of some in this forum.

I think a lot of us were simply hoping the current president could do what you did and ferret out the KGB.  Instead, it appears the babysitting service was being provided by the KGB guy.  

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000;  and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

« Prev

Next »

https://codes.findlaw.com/us/title-18-crimes-and-criminal-procedure/18-usc-sect-2381.html

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000;  and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Trump can probably claim plausible deniability on that whole owing allegiance thing. In fact, I'm pretty sure it would hold up in court that he genuinely thought it was the other way around. He's certainly convinced me. And before anybody brings up that creepy flag groping thing, I'm pretty sure @starsnbars tweeted "#metoo" the next day.

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Refuses to back his own intelligence agencies and acknowledge Russian interference in the 2016 elections at the joint news conference with Putin.

Good heavens what a wuss.

I wish President Trump had handled it differently. Accepting our intelligence and taking accolades for it, had he not won the election Russia would have never been an issue. Same meddling would have occurred but the Russia narrative and investigation would have not been important. Never would have  happened as far as are concerned.

He is letting the ego get in the way a bit over an election that he legitimately won. Tired of it per most us I suppose.     

11 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I wish President Trump had handled it differently. Accepting our intelligence and taking accolades for it, had he not won the election Russia would have never been an issue. Same meddling would have occurred but the Russia narrative and investigation would have not been important. Never would have  happened as far as are concerned.

He is letting the ego get in the way a bit over an election that he legitimately won. Tired of it per most us I suppose.     

I think this is in some ways valid.  The Trump presidency may be the symptom that allows our intelligence agencies to diagnose our cybersecurity illness.  That is, if Trump's misplaced loyalties don't screw them.

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

A thread  of just what I would expect from Trump haters. I think he did a fantastic job and it was very worthwhile summit. Putin could have kissed Trump's ass on live TV and the haters still wouldn't like it.

Folks looking for a big argument in a news conference.....not gonna happen.

No matter what is said in private, these guys......and not just DT...always make nice when they are facing the media.   As for Brennan's comments....that's a guy who has lied more than once to Congress so don't give me him as a reputable source. 

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No matter what is said in private, these guys......and not just DT...always make nice when they are facing the media.   As for Brennan's comments....that's a guy who has lied more than once to Congress so don't give me him as a reputable source. 

Bro, there's a difference between making nice in front of the media and throwing your entire intelligence community under the bus in front of the world.

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

How do you type with your head so deep in the sand?

Archived