Poll: Cord Sandberg, Willis, Gatewood, or Bo Nix?

2019 QB1?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who Starts in 2019?

• Malik Willis
    • Joey Gatewood
    • Cord Sandberg (if he comes to AU)
    • Bo Nix

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's going to be Cord FWIW. 

So we will get to pull the Cord to get our offense started every game in 2019?

18 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

It's going to be Cord FWIW. 

Sorry to hear that Willis hasn't given them more confidence. 

I hope that Chip is fully on board with and involved in these decisions. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Cord Sandberg 

Given our track record since Gus was first an OC in 2009, "none of the above" is just as likely the answer as the two options given. 

This probably more realistic tbh...

I just can't help but get a very Danny Etling feel from him. Also, this highlight music lol.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I just can't help but get a very Danny Etling feel from him. Also, this highlight music lol.

That's one of the weirdest damn throws I've ever seen (heavy baseball influence?) but I like his footwork and pocket presence. And obviously a big dude capable of running the occasional draw. Could be a machine in short yardage situations. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's one of the weirdest damn throws I've ever seen (heavy baseball influence?) but I like his footwork and pocket presence. And obviously a big dude capable of running the occasional draw. Could be a machine in short yardage situations. 

It is definitely corky and the ball just looks odd coming out...like it is just floating. They would definitely have to adapt to him being a lefty.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Basing results off of A day is like predicting future All-stars off of NBA summer league performances.  

do you have knowledge on willis dag? not to argue but curious. i keep hearing.that willis is tearing it up but i just do not see it when he plays. he does not seem to be much of a threat passing to me. in real games or a day i just have not seen it. what am i missing?

2 Cord questions

1) has he played any football since 2013?  If not that’s a long break.

2) is Mullen trying to recruit him to Florida as well?  If so I’d guess he’d pick them over Auburn with his existing relationship with Mullen.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I just can't help but get a very Danny Etling feel from him

much more athletic & accurate. Cord is closer to a poor man's Tebow. I just hope it's the college version & not the pro version.

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

2 Cord questions

1) has he played any football since 2013?  If not that’s a long break. 

2) is Mullen trying to recruit him to Florida as well?  If so I’d guess he’d pick them over Auburn with his existing relationship with Mullen.

1. Nope. 2. Yes but he can't offer a schoilly right now like AU can.

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

do you have knowledge on willis dag? not to argue but curious. i keep hearing.that willis is tearing it up but i just do not see it when he plays. he does not seem to be much of a threat passing to me. in real games or a day i just have not seen it. what am i missing?

I have heard he has struggled with ball security FWIW fifty.

13 hours ago, corchjay said:

That’s a year away.  A lot can happen between now and then and probably will

True......Bo

43 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I don’t unfortunately but thankful E has came back with the assist. Just based off his limited exposure, he looks like a high volume but high turnover player lol. He seems he can score any second but will turn the ball over in a minute..

Ask me this same question about half way into this next season. At this point it is all conjecture.  I am hoping we blow away some of our easy opponents few though they may be so that we can see MW running the real offense and possibly JG also depending on how he has developed under Coach Lindsey's guidance. At this point the question is premature even though it does fill in some time waiting for the next player to commit.

As far as Cord goes, it's between Auburn, LSU, and NC State. He announced his final 3 today. I hope he signs with the good guys. 

Then we would have a 4 person battle. If this happens, I think Cord wins the job. 

Then that brings other things into question... With Cord having 5 to play 4, is Gatewood open to a position swap? What about Bo? I don't think there is a chance he gets on campus and plays his entire career as a backup. 

We could very easily have Willis, Gatewood, and either Bo or Cord transferring. 

Right now we look solid at the QB spot, but that can ALL change in an instant. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

And what are you basing this on?

Nix might Redshirt his freshman year (but I doubt it) but he is the most polished QB coming out of HS that we have had in a very long time. He will not stay if he has to wait 3 or 4  years before he is a starter. He might not start game 1 of his freshman year but the fact that we are looking so hard at Cord make me think the coaches think he will be ready quick and we might have a shortage of QB's. I think Gatewood changes positions and Willis will have to make a tough decision about his future. Nix will be JS 2.0 with even more accuracy and a little more mobility. Once he gets the playbook down he will be the starter.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I have heard he has struggled with ball security FWIW fifty.

Can you offer anything more specific? Interceptions, bobbled snaps, losing the ball in the pocket, or running with the ball?

Willis looked really really great, until he didn't.  We were very excited about him until spring practice started.

Archived