Poll: Cord Sandberg, Willis, Gatewood, or Bo Nix?

2019 QB1?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who Starts in 2019?

• Malik Willis
    • Joey Gatewood
    • Cord Sandberg (if he comes to AU)
    • Bo Nix

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, DAG said:

I don’t unfortunately but thankful E has came back with the assist. Just based off his limited exposure, he looks like a high volume but high turnover player lol. He seems he can score any second but will turn the ball over in a minute..

If he can score in a second, that’s 60 tds before a turnover comes! 60•7=420 points for every turnover! I think that’s pretty great! ? 

13 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Preferably it’d be Malik 19, 20. Gatewood 21,22 Nix 23,24.

The only way Nix could play in 2024 is if he were to qualify for a medical hardship waiver i.e. 6th year of eligibility.

11 hours ago, DAG said:

I just can't help but get a very Danny Etling feel from him. Also, this highlight music lol.

Immediately reminded me of a young Tebow. And not just because he's a lefty. His arm motion, the way he looks downfield in motion and running style are very similar.

10 hours ago, Win4AU said:

2 Cord questions

1) has he played any football since 2013?  If not that’s a long break.

Weinke-and-Heisman-943x1690.jpg

10 hours ago, Win4AU said:

2) is Mullen trying to recruit him to Florida as well?  If so I’d guess he’d pick them over Auburn with his existing relationship with Mullen

According to Jeff Lee, he has narrowed his choices to AU, LSU and NC St.

13 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Can you offer anything more specific? Interceptions, bobbled snaps, losing the ball in the pocket, or running with the ball?

Nope. Haven't heard details.

8 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Immediately reminded me of a young Tebow. And not just because he's a lefty. His arm motion, the way he looks downfield in motion and running style are very similar.

Mullen also compared him to Tebow. (Mentioned in the Sandberg thread, I believe.) I probably don't need to go into the reasons why that's a pretty big statement coming from him. 

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Mullen also compared him to Tebow. (Mentioned in the Sandberg thread, I believe.) I probably don't need to go into the reasons why that's a pretty big statement coming from him. 

With 5 years to play 4, if he announces AU in the next 3 weeks, this will create a VERY interesting 2019 QB battle and potentially set up a loser leaves town match. Would hate to see Nix transfer. 

7 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

With 5 years to play 4, if he announces AU in the next 3 weeks, this will create a VERY interesting 2019 QB battle and potentially set up a loser leaves town match. Would hate to see Nix transfer. 

Word. May the best man win. 

And let the record show that I've been Team Sandberg from day 1. But only if he ends up starting and performing well for us at some point. If he doesn't, then I was just joking the whole time.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The QB whisperer Dan Mullen?! I wonder why he didn’t go harder after him. That’s my question . He played dividends in Tebow’s development which was huge for UF.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The QB whisperer Dan Mullen?! I wonder why he didn’t go harder after him. That’s my question . He played dividends in Tebow’s development which was huge for UF.

Yeah. I think @ellitor might have mentioned that Mullen couldn't make the numbers work to offer him a scholarship, but I might have read that wrong. 

Could be one of those things where we're like "Mark Richt is an idiot for offering Cam Newton as a TE!" (Or we could be like "Rhett Lashlee is an idiot for thinking JFIII was an SEC QB!")

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I think @ellitor might have mentioned that Mullen couldn't make the numbers work to offer him a scholarship, but I might have read that wrong. 

You didn't.

22 hours ago, metafour said:

This.  No contest between Bo and Willis.

I agree. I think it should be Bo even if get Cord. However, we know that Gus isn't too fond of young players and already has major trust issues. Hopefully, this year Chip shows the offense will become more of what he wants to do. 

Personally, I think Willis is more of a gamer and not a guy who looks great in practice. We've had a history of QBs who've looked "amazing" in practice but come game day.....well we all know. Nick M didn't exactly look great in practice when he first arrived either. In the end, Willis will likely be the odd man out in the race. But i do think he can be a serviceable QB. 

I can’t imagine why this would even be a topic for discussion at this point.  I will be glad when practice starts.  

55 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I can’t imagine why this would even be a topic for discussion at this point.  

Because the 2019 class is shaping up to be one of the better classes in AU history. And who starts at QB in 2019 very likely will be the captain of this great class for 3-4 years. So yeah, it is a big deal. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Could be one of those things where we're like "Mark Richt is an idiot for offering Cam Newton as a TE!" (Or we could be like "Rhett Lashlee is an idiot for thinking JFIII was an SEC QB!")

Ehh. If you are an instrumental talent , Teams usually find its way to work things out. We will see I guess.

On 7/16/2018 at 10:25 PM, War to the Eagle said:

Assuming Jarrett Stidham is off to the pros next year, which of these 4 is more likely to start Game 1 in 2019?

Toss up who will start, but all 4 will play. Don't laugh, we have an offensive genius for a HC, ya know.

On 7/17/2018 at 8:41 AM, DAG said:

Bo Nix as a true freshman will not start game 1 unless he is a phenom. Some of you need to pump the breaks a little. He first needs to learn the game speed if anything and probably get bigger. Would not be surprised if he gets a RS.

He is the best HS QB we have signed in forever. He is a phenom. 

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

He is the best HS QB we have signed in forever. He is a phenom. 

We literally signed Kiehl Frazier a few years ago. He was USA Today’s national offensive player of the year , UA all American and offers all over the country. Let the kid play a collegiate game first before you throw all of these expectations on him.

14 hours ago, DAG said:

Ehh. If you are an instrumental talent , Teams usually find its way to work things out. We will see I guess.

If they don't have room to enroll a new play for the 2018 class there's nothing he could do scholly wise til January 2019.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

If they don't have room to enroll a new play for the 2018 class there's nothing he could do scholly wise til January 2019.

I am not talking about scholarship wise. Like I said if you are an instrumental talent, teams aren’t going to let you walk away just like that. I don’t think Dan Mullen, who particularly has unknowns coming into 2018 at the QB position, is losing sleep over Cord not naming UF in the final top 3. 

Archived