Kiffin speaks on UAT QB competition

GwillMac6

21 hours ago, bigman334 said:

he may have helped with that 26-2 record but i dont see him as a leader type.. a leader gets on his team when they screw up and hold themselves accountable when they screw up themselves. a leader holds everyone else accountable. the bama wR's were frustrated as heck all last season. He's a good kid and a team player. but thats not the same as a leader. Cam was a leader..AJ Mctatt was much more a leader than Hurts.

Did you think NM was a vocal leader like this?

On 8/10/2018 at 5:02 PM, PigskinPat said:

I don’t think he is a very vocal leader, but who would you say on their offense was the leader last year? When a play needed to be made on offense, who was the guy they looked to or expected to make it?

sorry for the late reply here but thats a great question. I  watch a ton of replays of SEC games and the Bammer WR's were frustrated with the bad passes. I honestly dont think they really had a leader on offense, which showed in the  beatdown we gave them and the 1st half of the UGA game..They looked to Ridley for a play. their next leading receiver was a RB. Take Ridley away from Hurts and it hurt

On 8/11/2018 at 1:59 PM, DAG said:

Did you think NM was a vocal leader like this?

I never thought of NM as being very vocal i did think Coates was pretty vocal. I'd say the difference between NM and Hurts was confidence.

12 hours ago, bigman334 said:

sorry for the late reply here but thats a great question. I  watch a ton of replays of SEC games and the Bammer WR's were frustrated with the bad passes. I honestly dont think they really had a leader on offense, which showed in the  beatdown we gave them and the 1st half of the UGA game..They looked to Ridley for a play. their next leading receiver was a RB. Take Ridley away from Hurts and it hurt

Yep, those WRs were frustrated even back to the MSU game and it carried over into the Iron Bowl.  I remember seeing their #1RB throw his hands up in frustration at Hurts when he was wide open for a short 1st down....Hurts instead chose to take off running for little to no gain.

Archived