It's not just Pearl Harbor, it's also 9/11

Auburnfan91

20 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

He didn't throw the entire intelligence community under the bus. He opened his sentence saying he respected the men and women of them. It wasn't the right place but his disdain for the upper echelons in these agencies is well deserved.

Yes...recent leadership of FBI and CIA have been a disgrace ...lied repeatedly under oath before Congress.  JMO. They deserve whatever scorn that 's heaped on them.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

@McLoofus  I don't feel better by stating that Democrats would rather risk war with Russia than allow Trump to attempt diplomacy with them. People spouting off about a 9/11 emergency obviously don't think sanctions are enough. If we keep threatening Russia with retaliation then things are only going to escalate. Russia isn't going to stop meddling. Telling Putin to stop meddling or expecting them to admit to meddling is just political theater. I guess that'll make the anti-Trump folks feel better. If that's what they want then they shouldn't hold their breath. Obama agreed to a nuclear deal with Iran afters years of employing diplomacy and engaging them. That was ok though. But the left rejects such diplomacy attempts with Russia. They expect instant results in a meeting they don't even want to take place to begin with. We can't just keep threatening them and sanctioning them and expect them to back down. 

The best thing we can do for the time being is to strengthen our election security. I hope more money is given to fund technology to help protect our elections. I don't agree with the GOP for not allowing more funding. We need to do as much as we can to make sure our democratic process is secure. Trump and the GOP need to do more.

I think it's petty though to act like since I don't like the careless rhetoric being used to whip up support for taking action against Russia then I'm somehow  not taking threats seriously enough. I take threats seriously but at the same time I'm not going to conflate Russian meddling with attacks that took thousands of lives.

@homersapien  I've never denied that Russia meddled. After all I've stated in this thread, you somehow come to the conclusion that I don't believe that Russia meddled in our elections. All I want is a measured and tempered approach to this. Screeching about Pearl Harbor and 9/11 is careless rhetoric and doesn't unite people to combat Russian meddling. Trump and the GOP should do more I don't deny that.

@TexasTiger  Democrats have stated that Russian meddling/hacking is an act of war.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/16/richard-blumenthal-we-are-facing-a-continuing-act-/

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/19/630378107/dncs-tom-perez-on-russia-and-the-midterms

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/01/russia-meddling-us-elections-ndi-event-244414

http://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/397366-dem-rep-no-question-that-russia-hacking-effort-is-act-of-war

So which Democrats have advocated deploying troops and bombers? This is perhaps the stupidest argument yet. Our choices are either taking Putin’s word over our military or WWIII? Do you ever listen to yourself?

Just now, McLoofus said:

@Auburnfan91, the left and a hell of a lot of the right reject POTUS throwing the entire US intelligence community under the bus while absolving Russia of all wrongdoing in front of the whole world. The problem with comments like yours is that you're conflating abject capitulation- even if only, for whatever reason, for appearances- with diplomacy.

We're all for diplomacy. 

You can criticize Trump's comments in Helsinki all day long and I won't object to it. I think criticizing Trump's comments is fair and I don't have a problem with that but the fact is that the left and even some on the right didn't want that meeting to happen in the first place. Since Trump took office, meeting with leaders of countries who aren't our allies is treated as taboo. The stance seemingly taken by many in Congress has been that diplomacy with non-allies shouldn't happen as long as Trump is president because they don't trust Trump.

Apparently many in Congress are only for diplomacy when their side controls the presidency.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So which Democrats have advocated deploying troops and bombers? This is perhaps the stupidest argument yet. Our choices are either taking Putin’s word over our military or WWIII? Do you ever listen to yourself?

They're not far from it. Some Democrats want a counter cyber attack against Russia. Would doing that not escalate tension with Russia?

3 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

They're not far from it. Some Democrats want a counter cyber attack against Russia. Would doing that not escalate tension with Russia?

Who? Links ?

Republicans in Congress want to surrender. That’s your position, Neville.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Who? Links ?

The baloney of the day.

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

The baloney of the day.

We have to avoid war!!! The President must be subservient to the great Russian bear! You and Neville. Did you ever think you’d embrace appeasement?

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Who? Links ?

http://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/397366-dem-rep-no-question-that-russia-hacking-effort-is-act-of-war

Steve Cohen (D-TN), the same guy who said that he wanted to give Strzok a Purprle Heart.

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The President must be subservient to the great Russian bear!

Of course. Who got the man elected? would not be surprised to see a 2020 Trump/Putin ticket. 

36 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Who? Links ?

We had a chance to do something back in 2016 when the meddling was "discovered" but the President at that time apparently convinced everyone that the Russians could not affect the election results and we barely expressed objections...….and certainly did not under-take a counter cyber attack program.  

As for meddling....the US has overtly engaged in meddling with other country's elections with far less objection than I expected....thinking about  Obama's comments before the Brexit vote and some active and timely involvement with an Israeli election a few years ago.   Meanwhile, the Soviets and later Russia have spied on and  infiltrated our government, our universities and who knows what else for the past 75 years....and generally we have apparently accepted that as the cost of doing business in ….and have reciprocated whenever we could.    I'm good with a counter-cyber campaign and who knows....there might actually be some things going on that we are not aware of....I hope so. 

32 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Of course. Who got the man elected? would not be surprised to see a 2020 Trump/Putin ticket. 

Putin/Trump. 

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We had a chance to do something back in 2016 when the meddling was "discovered" but the President at that time apparently convinced everyone that the Russians could not affect the election results and we barely expressed objections...….and certainly did not under-take a counter cyber attack program.  

As for meddling....the US has overtly engaged in meddling with other country's elections with far less objection than I expected....thinking about  Obama's comments before the Brexit vote and some active and timely involvement with an Israeli election a few years ago.   Meanwhile, the Soviets and later Russia have spied on and  infiltrated our government, our universities and who knows what else for the past 75 years....and generally we have apparently accepted that as the cost of doing business in ….and have reciprocated whenever we could.    I'm good with a counter-cyber campaign and who knows....there might actually be some things going on that we are not aware of....I hope so. 

Why do I feel your opinion would be very different if a Dem were cozying up to Russian’s for election assistance? 

Meanwhile, as the loony lefties accuse Trump of being cozy with Putin, Trump approves an additional $200 million in military aid to the Ukraine so they can fight Putin's Russian separatists. Methinks the Trump Dissociative Disorder has removed the left's ability to grasp reality.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/20/pentagon-send-200-million-military-aid-package-ukr/

2 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

You can criticize Trump's comments in Helsinki all day long and I won't object to it. I think criticizing Trump's comments is fair and I don't have a problem with that but the fact is that the left and even some on the right didn't want that meeting to happen in the first place. Since Trump took office, meeting with leaders of countries who aren't our allies is treated as taboo. The stance seemingly taken by many in Congress has been that diplomacy with non-allies shouldn't happen as long as Trump is president because they don't trust Trump.

Apparently many in Congress are only for diplomacy when their side controls the presidency.

You can’t reason with McDumbass and a few others on his team. It’s their way only.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Meanwhile, as the loony lefties accuse Trump of being cozy with Putin, Trump approves an additional $200 million in military aid to the Ukraine so they can fight Putin's Russian separatists. Methinks the Trump Dissociative Disorder has removed the left's ability to grasp reality.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/20/pentagon-send-200-million-military-aid-package-ukr/

You’re headed toward some powerful cognitive dissonance if your still capable of rational thought.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yes...recent leadership of FBI and CIA have been a disgrace ...lied repeatedly under oath before Congress.  JMO. They deserve whatever scorn that 's heaped on them.

link?

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Per your request:

9BEA4B7E-6A41-4EAE-B46D-2434C3A8EA01.gif

at least make it funny nola................

14 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You’re headed toward some powerful cognitive dissonance if your still capable of rational thought.

I was raised to not laugh at the impaired, but you make not laughing at you tough.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I was raised to not laugh at the impaired, but you make not laughing at you tough.

what a piece of crap to call out someones impairment in an argument. jesus. ;ets hope this is a joke

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I’m guessing you were raised to be a patriotic American, too, but you’ve given that up, so what the  heck?

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m guessing you were raised to be a patriotic American, too, but you’ve given that up, so what the  heck?

You're crackin' me up here! ?

9 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Why do I feel your opinion would be very different if a Dem were cozying up to Russian’s for election assistance? 

what election assistance ?   Dems got lots of election assistance with Russian help....and the FBI...not many dems apologizing about the phony Steele report.

Archived