Remember This Pic?

Proud Tiger

11 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Which environmental policies are you referencing? The vast majority of deregulation is and will continue to benefit the economy. 

First, I'm not arguing about helping the economy.  My whole point is that these rollbacks have been done for the sake of money.  But in 40-50 years, you and I get to deal with the consequences, not older folks.

Here's just a few (note there are many others):

Dropping OIAI, a Clinton era regulation that helped limit air pollution from industrial sources.

Loosening vehicle emissions standards.

Allowing new coal leases on public lands (coal is a dying industry and a major air pollutant).

Opening nearly all of our territorial waters to off-shore drilling.

Rollback of protections on the Great Lakes in favor of economic development. (Sorry, but we need to look out for these.  Large bodies of fresh water are good and the ecosystems in the GL are already under attack from invasive species.)

Rescinding of water pollution policies from fracking on federal and Indian lands.

Revoked a directive for federal agencies to reduce impact on natural resources and wildlife for future projects.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

No , but i do not wear "fishing jerseys" 67

Lol Just thought it was cool.....I share your no wearing fishing jersey policy?

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

we are also ignorant fifty, do not forget that....... it  is a staple in your speak.

thank you salty but i am pretty sure i did not forget. come give me a big hug you lug.

believe what ya want proud i am pretty sue you were called out about it by others as well.did you edit it after the fact? you seem to do that a lot. but no the fact captain bone spurs is a ***** with putin and obama stood his ground with him tells me your mindset. see? i can be miss cleo as well. and i am pretty sure you dislike obama  just by the way you give trump a pass on most things even when given proof that refutes your claim..but believe what ya what proud it is a free country until trump gives it all to the russians. wink

Since we're sharing historical documents, I thought PT would enjoy this memory from recent events.

It's still really not that funny, but I know PT enjoys this sort of thing.

Screenshot_20180721-195848.png

6 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Since we're sharing historical documents, I thought PT would enjoy this memory from recent events.

It's still really not that funny, but I know PT enjoys this sort of thing.

Screenshot_20180721-195848.png

i doubt proud likes it but i could be wrong.

but beside the photoshop that is a powerful picture. the rest is real and if you can read ANY kind of body language it is very telling. shocking in fact. an american president does not conduct himself like a weinie. maybe we can paint putin black or brown and he might get fired up?

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

First, I'm not arguing about helping the economy.  My whole point is that these rollbacks have been done for the sake of money.  But in 40-50 years, you and I get to deal with the consequences, not older folks.

Here's just a few (note there are many others):

Dropping OIAI, a Clinton era regulation that helped limit air pollution from industrial sources.

Loosening vehicle emissions standards.

Allowing new coal leases on public lands (coal is a dying industry and a major air pollutant).

Opening nearly all of our territorial waters to off-shore drilling.

Rollback of protections on the Great Lakes in favor of economic development. (Sorry, but we need to look out for these.  Large bodies of fresh water are good and the ecosystems in the GL are already under attack from invasive species.)

Rescinding of water pollution policies from fracking on federal and Indian lands.

Revoked a directive for federal agencies to reduce impact on natural resources and wildlife for future projects.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/05/climate/trump-environment-rules-reversed.html

I think this is the link you used. Which ones do you have personal knowledge about? I’m happy to explain my take on any of them. You’re a reasonable guy.

14 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/10/05/climate/trump-environment-rules-reversed.html

I think this is the link you used. Which ones do you have personal knowledge about? I’m happy to explain my take on any of them. You’re a reasonable guy.

Some were from that link, some were from others (wanted to be accurate).  Please, explain your take.  I listed some that were my biggest concerns.  I see these rollbacks as an excuse to put an already growing economy into a short term hyper-drive without giving any thought to long term ramifications to our environment and future generations who will use it.

21 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just picking at Brad at about older people Brother Homer. Not "avid" I am a great fisherman. Guarantee I care for the environment and want to see it preserved for future generations. While you are concerned with AGW which I am not saying is a complete fallacy, I tend to be more concerned with water run off thus water quality problems. We can only absorb a certain amount of asphalt , concrete, and roof lines. Plastics and disposal really gnaw at me. I adhere to the recycle sources available today. Something anyone could do regardless of location or income.

It's all the same. 

It all relies on a respect - if not love - for the environment and a respect for the science affecting it.

And Brad was arguing for "environmentalism" albeit in a colorful way.  And he makes a good point.  There are many people who are indifferent to the future because they won't be here or they figure it's all in God's hands and he knows what he's doing or God told us to exploit the earth or whatever......

My feeling is that the more you interact with nature, the more understanding and respect you develop for it and the more sensitive you become to it's degradation.  Plastics and surface pollution in the ocean is a great example.  Likewise, I have found hunters to be favorably disposed to habitat preservation whether public or private.

20 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

we are also ignorant fifty, do not forget that....... it  is a staple in your speak.

Presumably then, you are fully aware of how global warming is directly affecting marine ecosystems, such as tropical reefs?   

On 7/21/2018 at 7:33 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

Which environmental policies are you referencing? The vast majority of deregulation is and will continue to benefit the economy. 

Most regulations are designed to benefit the general good by improving or maintaining a healthy ecosystem (in the case of environmental regulations. 

They are not meant to provide a short term benefit to the economy as their purpose, although most actually are beneficial to the economy longer term if you consider long term effects.

To your point, elimination of all regulations would benefit the economy in the short term but would generate irreparable harm in the longer term.  The forest ecosystem in Haiti provides a good example. 

Bottom line, just because most human activity involves "hidden costs" (unaccounted for costs) doesn't mean they don't exist.

18 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Some were from that link, some were from others (wanted to be accurate).  Please, explain your take.  I listed some that were my biggest concerns.  I see these rollbacks as an excuse to put an already growing economy into a short term hyper-drive without giving any thought to long term ramifications to our environment and future generations who will use it.

Well that’s why I asked which ones you have personal/working knowledge of. I think those would be easier to discuss. Trust me, I’m not trying to have a pissing battle. For example, are you familiar with hydro fracking and Obama’s disclosure policies? 

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

It's all the same. 

It all relies on a respect - if not love - for the environment and a respect for the science affecting it.

And Brad was arguing for "environmentalism" albeit in a colorful way.  And he makes a good point.  There are many people who are indifferent to the future because they won't be here or they figure it's all in God's hands and he knows what he's doing or God told us to exploit the earth or whatever......

My feeling is that the more you interact with nature, the more understanding and respect you develop for it and the more sensitive you become to it's degradation.  Plastics and surface pollution in the ocean is a great example.  Likewise, I have found hunters to be favorably disposed to habitat preservation whether public or private.

I understand that and agree Brother Homer. I tune you guys out when you blame on fresh air and clean water on our political affiliation.  

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Well that’s why I asked which ones you have personal/working knowledge of. I think those would be easier to discuss. Trust me, I’m not trying to have a pissing battle. For example, are you familiar with hydro fracking and Obama’s disclosure policies? 

Gonna have to give me a few days for a reasonable (i.e. long form) answer.  Just landed on a work trip and will be offline until I get home.  Talk then.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:14 PM, aubiefifty said:

but beside the photoshop that is a powerful picture. the rest is real and if you can read ANY kind of body language it is very telling. shocking in fact. an american president does not conduct himself like a weinie. maybe we can paint putin black or brown and he might get fired up?

You want to talk about body language in a snapshot but refuse to acknowledge all the tough actions Trump has taken against Russia. I suppose if snap shots and groundless innuendo are all you have, you gotta' run with it, but it's getting more and more funny watching lefties try to find just one more straw to grasp.

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

You want to talk about body language in a snapshot but refuse to acknowledge all the tough actions Trump has taken against Russia. I suppose if snap shots and groundless innuendo are all you have, you gotta' run with it, but it's getting more and more funny watching lefties try to find just one more straw to grasp.

yeah for the record trump tried to lessen or do away with sanctions. he mentioned it several times but i guess you missed it with your head parked up your behind.........or his. i am pretty sure it was congress that did not allow him. but hey! go look up some real facts and maybe learn something tho i hold little hope. several people have produced cold hard facts on here and if you have ever acknowledged any of them i have yet to see it. glad to know i am in your head mickey. keep trying.

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I understand that and agree Brother Homer. I tune you guys out when you blame on fresh air and clean water on our political affiliation.  

Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but there is a clear difference (choice) between today's political parties regarding protecting the environment.  Hasn't always been that way (Teddy Roosevelt and Nixon) but it is now.

Maybe you are "tuning out" the wrong things.

Sending some weapons to the Ukraine - where we have 1,000 soldiers if I recall - hardly excuses accepting Putin's assurances they didn't interfere while denying all of our intelligence agencies who say otherwise.

That's just bizarre.  Something's amiss.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:10 PM, aubiefifty said:

i doubt proud likes it but i could be wrong.

Guess you were busy writing some of your long posts to see I gave him a smiley face. Lighten up some my friend. Take a deep breath and count to 10 before you react to everything?

On 7/21/2018 at 8:14 PM, aubiefifty said:

Funny how you can rationalize one photoshopped pic and use the other in your hate Trump gun.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Guess you were busy writing some of your long posts to see I gave him a smiley face. Lighten up some my friend. Take a deep breath and count to 10 before you react to everything?

i am trying to get you guys going before i shut the puter down and read some more of lancelot by kristian giles. great baook. and for the record i already have stated i do not hate trump or anyone. maybe you missed that but i think you even gave me a thumbs up? so it seems you do the same you accuse me of doing? but anyway.....morning proud.

18 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Gonna have to give me a few days for a reasonable (i.e. long form) answer.  Just landed on a work trip and will be offline until I get home.  Talk then.

Just now getting back to this. Understood. Busy myself with the final year of school starting up!

Archived