Russia Says Putin And Trump Discussed Referendum In Ukraine

homersapien

Russia’s ambassador revealed the discussions amid confusion in the U.S. about what the two presidents agreed behind closed doors.

MOSCOW (AP) — President Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Donald Trump discussed a possible referendum in separatist-leaning eastern Ukraine during their Helsinki summit earlier this week, Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. said Friday.

Ambassador Anatoly Antonov revealed the discussions amid confusion and concern in the U.S. about what the two presidents agreed behind closed doors.

“This issue (of a referendum) was discussed,” he said, adding without elaborating that Putin made “concrete proposals” to Trump on solutions for the four-year Ukraine conflict, which has killed more than 10,000 people.

The move may be seen as an effort to sidestep European peace efforts for Ukraine and increase pressure on the Ukrainian government in its protracted conflict with pro-Russian separatists in the Donbass region.

Trump tweeted that the two men discussed Ukraine, but has not mentioned a referendum or revealed specifics. The U.S. and Russia have been on opposing sides of the conflict in Ukraine, unleashed after a popular uprising against a pro-Russian president and Russia’s annexation of Crimea in 2014......

......... Antonov said it’s important to “deal with the results” of their first summit before jumping too fast into a new one, but that “Russia was always open to such proposals. We are ready for discussions on this subject.”

Read the rest at:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-putin-ukraine-referendum-discussed_us_5b51d505e4b0fd5c73c47a60

By not taking anyone in the meeting with him, Trump gave Russia the opportunity to control the messsge of the meeting. Trump now has no one to back him up. I’m continuously amazed at his ignorance. 

4 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

By not taking anyone in the meeting with him, Trump gave Russia the opportunity to control the messsge of the meeting. Trump now has no one to back him up. I’m continuously amazed at his ignorance. 

Hopefully he won’t sell them any ownership interest in Uranium, you know the stuff that can be used in Nuclear Weapons? Can you imagine if someone were to do that?

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Hopefully he won’t sell them any ownership interest in Uranium, you know the stuff that can be used in Nuclear Weapons? Can you imagine if someone were to do that?

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/facts-uranium-one/

Whataboutisms make you feel better about the POTUS you support currently being controlled by a murderous dictator? 

This grabbing at straws by the Left should be getting old, but the laughs still keep on coming! So, are the Russians untrustworthy or is their every word the honest truth? ?

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This grabbing at straws by the Left should be getting old, but the laughs still keep on coming! So, are the Russians untrustworthy or is their every word the honest truth? ?

Which part is grabbing at straws? The part where a US president sided with Russia over his own IC? Or the part where Russia meddled in our election? 

Like I said, Trump going in alone gave Russia the opportunity to control the message. There’s no one to Back Trump now if he miraculously decides to contradict their message because no other US official was present. Trump got played. The left knows it. It’s the right that seems to have trouble with facts. 

14 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You usually don't just play the hits.  The Uranium One deal has been discussed ad nauseum, and shown to be much less significant than Trump and the R's tried to make it.

12 minutes ago, HVAU said:

You usually don't just play the hits.  The Uranium One deal has been discussed ad nauseum, and shown to be much less significant than Trump and the R's tried to make it.

Depending on one’s bias I guess. Good to hear from you @HVAU

13 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Like I said, Trump going in alone gave Russia the opportunity to control the message.

But Putin going in alone didn't give the U.S. the same opportunity to control the message? This is what I mean by the Left grabbing at straws. You have nothing of substance, just a bunch of "but what if Trump" stuff. The writhing is getting to be a real HOOT!

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

But Putin going in alone didn't give the U.S. the same opportunity to control the message? This is what I mean by the Left grabbing at straws. You have nothing of substance, just a bunch of "but what if Trump" stuff. The writhing is getting to be a real HOOT!

Putin was alone? You sure about that? 

You can say the left is grasping at straws if you wish but Trump was ill prepared for this meeting. He stupidly went in alone with no prepared talking points or messaging.  Then he sided with Putin over his own intelligence agencies. That action alone is unprecedented. And the WHbis still silent on what happened at summit while the Russian Propoganda machine is churning out stories to make Russia appear on equal footing with the US. 

7 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

He stupidly went in alone with no prepared talking points or messaging.

You know this how, exactly?

" Putin was alone? You sure about that? "

Since each had only their interpreter, they were equally alone. Unless, of course, in some lefty daydream Putin had a gallery of advisors, lawyers, barmaids and soldiers and even Trump's interpreter was supplied by Putin. Do you think that's what happened?

40 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Since each had only their interpreter, they were equally alone. Unless, of course, in some lefty daydream Putin had a gallery of advisors, lawyers, barmaids and soldiers and even Trump's interpreter was supplied by Putin. Do you think that's what happened?

I know this because in the past, administrations have been transparent about creating talking points. This administration hasn’t. In fact they are still remarkable silent on the summit. Trump isn’t running his personal business, this is a country and he serves the people. A failure at transparency on a summit with a foreign adversary  holds the appearance of wrongdoing. And yes, I absolutely think that a former KGB agent who has murdered people who opposed him  and shot down an airliner  went into that meeting fully prepared to use Trump. You people on the right seem to think Putin is a Republican. He isn’t. He is anti American. And the current POTUS isn’t someone he will cower to. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Some folks apparently only believe Putin or Russia if there is some kind of comment that reflects badly on DT.... :dunno:  wonder why that is?  

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

The world understands who is "controlling the message" from this unfortunate meeting. 

Trumpbot opinions are irrelevant in that regard.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Some folks apparently only believe Putin or Russia if there is some kind of comment that reflects badly on DT.... :dunno:  wonder why that is?  

No one here on the left believes Putin so you guys can go ahead and stop withthat whine. What we do believe is that Trump believes Putin. Helsinki proved that.

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

No one here on the left believes Putin so you guys can go ahead and stop withthat whine. What we do believe is that Trump believes Putin. Helsinki proved that.

To accuse someone other than the left of whine is pure BS. It is disingenuous and pathetic. For nearly two years it's all the left have done. It has gotten old, tired and it is certainly unprecedented. That an election could cause this must anguish is laughable. I just wish the left would show some class and shut up with this nonsense. But hey, Maxine would be proud. Grab that rope.

31 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

To accuse someone other than the left of whine is pure BS. It is disingenuous and pathetic. For nearly two years it's all the left have done. It has gotten old, tired and it is certainly unprecedented. That an election could cause this must anguish is laughable. I just wish the left would show some class and shut up with this nonsense. But hey, Maxine would be proud. Grab that rope.

So you’re whining because I used the word whine? Ok.

People on the left are genuinely concerned about what is happening to our country under this administration. We have a POTUS who is cozying up to a murderous dictator, siding with him over his own IC, and insulting our allies like a bullish toddler. If that doesn’t concern you, I don’t know what to tell you. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

So you’re whining because I used the word whine? Ok.

People on the left are genuinely concerned about what is happening to our country under this administration. We have a POTUS who is cozying up to a murderous dictator, siding with him over his own IC, and insulting our allies like a bullish toddler. If that doesn’t concern you, I don’t know what to tell you. 

ODL. No, I am not concerned Elle and unhinged rants from the left will not change that. 

Archived