Last Chance U (Season 3)

DAG

Mods move this thread need be...

I just wanted to give your football goons a heads up that season 3 is out now! Pointed out by the trailer, Sadly we won't be seeing EMMC and Coach bud this year. Instead, it will be hosted in Independence, Kansas (Yikes) and follow the Independence Community College Pirates, who have had a horrid football history. One particular interest is their new HC, Jason Brown, a white male straight out of Compton (Yes, race should be noted in this instance). I have it begun watching it, but for my day off I plan on binging because you know? Football. Anywho, just wanted to give notice.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Mods move this thread need be...

I just wanted to give your football goons a heads up that season 3 is out now! Pointed out by the trailer, Sadly we won't be seeing EMMC and Coach bud this year. Instead, it will be hosted in Independence, Kansas (Yikes) and follow the Independence Community College Pirates, who have had a horrid football history. One particular interest is their new HC, Jason Brown, a white male straight out of Compton (Yes, race should be noted in this instance). I have it begun watching it, but for my day off I plan on binging because you know? Football. Anywho, just wanted to give notice.

One of my former players is there. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

One of my former players is there. 

Like featured on the show?

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Like featured on the show?

I don't think so, but he said he is in a few episodes.

Thanks for the heads up.  I, for one, am glad to hear they filmed it somewhere else, especially since the academic advisor at EMCC left.  She was easily my favorite person on the show.  

57 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

Already started watching it. It's pretty  good.

That one texas tech guy had some words of wisdom for D-1 athletes  and the things they take for granted:

A stipend

Tutors at your will

Four meals a day

Gear

ETC

Things a lot of athletes take for granted until its gone.

Also, people kind of shrug about the whole relatable thing in terms of SES and demographics, but it can make a huge difference. It showed the first few minutes of the first episode.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Also, people kind of shrug about the whole relatable thing in terms of SES and demographics, but it can make a huge difference. It showed the first few minutes of the first episode.

True…..and we need some places like this for some guys who have potential but have not been raised (or achieved) discipline necessary to play at a major school....to see if they can make the change....not just to be able to play football, but also to be able to go through life with some personal success.  I don't see this as Auburn's mission but there are places like Indy, EMJC and others that can effectively play that role. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

True…..and we need some places like this for some guys who have potential but have not been raised (or achieved) discipline necessary to play at a major school....to see if they can make the change....not just to be able to play football, but also to be able to go through life with some personal success.  I don't see this as Auburn's mission but there are places like Indy, EMJC and others that can effectively play that role. 

Auburn ultimately responsibility should be to educate these young men so they can be productive adults. PERIOD. Like that one recruit said, you have numerous tutors at your disposal with resources.. so there should be no excuse to leave without a degree, even if you don't make it professionally.

Just now, DAG said:

Auburn ultimately responsibility should be to educate these young men so they can be productive adults. PERIOD. Like that one recruit said, you have numerous tutors at your disposal with resources.. so there should be no excuse to leave without a degree, even if you don't make it professionally.

Best I can tell AU spends a lot of time and money to do this but as was noted a long time ago...." you can lead a horse to water....etc...etc.  

From what I read about many of our recruits when we sign them.....and what I read about them some years later.....the ability to play sports at AU has helped a lot of young men and women achieve a lifestyle they probably never dreamed of when they were 15 or 16 years old.   

Part 4 is actually a followup episode from the EMCC crew, with Wagner, Ollie, Stephens etc. I watched that one first.  

7 hours ago, DAG said:

That one texas tech guy had some words of wisdom for D-1 athletes  and the things they take for granted:

A stipend

Tutors at your will

Four meals a day

Gear

ETC

Things a lot of athletes take for granted until its gone.

It's always the same thing with the FBS wash outs.    NO DISCIPLINE! They want to  go  straight to the NFL and have $200000 cars, big mansions, more women than you can shake a stick  at, but the reality is, Odell Beckam, Dak Prescott, Jamis Winston, Adrian Peterson, they are all the same.  They  are all professionals.  They play football.  Everything else is  secondary.  Cars, clubs, houses, jewelry, women, you can have that when you are done playing.  These young guys lose sight of it.  here was a recent interview with Johnny Manziel where he admitted he was more focused on making money and living the  life than being a football player.   Now he is focused on playing football.................. in Canada.  That is the price he pays for not taking the NFL  seriously.  It's  the same  with Duke Williams, or all these last  chance U stars. Whats more important football or screwing around.  For  too many very talented  individuals its the  later.  Even in my  profession.

11 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

It's always the same thing with the FBS wash outs.    NO DISCIPLINE! They want to  go  straight to the NFL and have $200000 cars, big mansions, more women than you can shake a stick  at, but the reality is, Odell Beckam, Dak Prescott, Jamis Winston, Adrian Peterson, they are all the same.  They  are all professionals.  They play football.  Everything else is  secondary.  Cars, clubs, houses, jewelry, women, you can have that when you are done playing.  These young guys lose sight of it.  here was a recent interview with Johnny Manziel where he admitted he was more focused on making money and living the  life than being a football player.   Now he is focused on playing football.................. in Canada.  That is the price he pays for not taking the NFL  seriously.  It's  the same  with Duke Williams, or all these last  chance U stars. Whats more important football or screwing around.  For  too many very talented  individuals its the  later.  Even in my  profession.

Bravo ? 

I already miss Buddy Stephens. He was the star of the whole series to me. He was really entertaining and hilarious. But this is former FSU QB Malik Henrys school?! O count me in. I def will watch this all the way through. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!

20 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Part 4 is actually a followup episode from the EMCC crew, with Wagner, Ollie, Stephens etc. I watched that one first.  

I always really liked the Ollie kid because he really wanted to be at Auburn and would talk about Auburn all the time. Was really cool to me.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I always really liked the Ollie kid because he really wanted to be at Auburn and would talk about Auburn all the time. Was really cool to me.

Yep,  Always rooted for him. 

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He had a big game against UGA in 2016  and they almost beat UGA too.  That made me like him right there.

Not a big fan of Brown though in this season.  The way he demeans his players and coaches is not good.  Buddy Stephens knew when to be hard on someone, but also knew when to shut it off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This guy was on the second season of Last Chance U I believe.

Archived