Can Kam Martin be "The Guy" in 2018?

WFE12

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Man's been working with Jamaal Charles and Earl Thomas. That Texas brotherhood.

Jamaal is from the same HS that Kam came from and Earl is from West Orange Stark. Both are power houses in the golden triangle of Texas

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Jamaal is from the same HS that Kam came from and Earl is from West Orange Stark. Both are power houses in the golden triangle of Texas

Yeah I found that out awhile back...Here's a clip

11 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Man's been working with Jamaal Charles and Earl Thomas. That Texas brotherhood.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Why are we talking about Jamaal Charles? He was only like 5'11 185 when he played at UT. Obviously too small to ever amount to anything. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Why are we talking about Jamaal Charles? He was only like 5'11 185 when he played at UT. Obviously too small to ever amount to anything. 

Helps when you run a legit 4.3! ?

Kenny Irons was 5’11” and just over 200lbs. Kam at 195 could pretty comparable but faster. I personally think that if Kam protects the ball well, we could have a mix of Brad Lester and Kenny Irons. That’d be awesome. Especially if he can hold up to a 270+ carry season (assuming we ride the hell out of him).

50 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Kenny Irons was 5’11” and just over 200lbs. Kam at 195 could pretty comparable but faster. I personally think that if Kam protects the ball well, we could have a mix of Brad Lester and Kenny Irons. That’d be awesome. Especially if he can hold up to a 270+ carry season (assuming we ride the hell out of him).

Agreed. 195 would be a very good weight for Kam, assuming he wouldn't sacrifice any of his burst.

Just now, djg0017 said:

Boy I can’t wait for Kam to show out. I think a lot of people will be shocked

For a lot of people shocked would mean 2,000 plus yards and 20 plus TDs, so let's hope so!!!

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

For a lot of people shocked would mean 2,000 plus yards and 20 plus TDs, so let's hope so!!!

Lol I wish! I don’t know if even I would go that far, but I think the gap between KJ and KM will seem a lot smaller at the end of the season than people think right now.

Of course there are many Gus-ish variables that could influence that :headscratch:

12 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I’d be shocked if he can stay healthy, collect 250 plus hits, and become an all around back that can pass block when needed.

Kam will easily break 1300 rushings yards if he can do all of the above.

I saw another pic of him with his buddy Jalen Hurts:

DjOP97ZUYAENj0Q?format=jpg

He may be more fit, but looks like we wont have to worry about extra muscle weighing him down. 

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I’d be shocked if he can stay healthy, collect 250 plus hits, andbecome an all around back that canpass block when needed.

Kam will easily break 1300 rushings yards if he can do all of the above.

I saw another pic of him with his buddy Jalen Hurts:

DjOP97ZUYAENj0Q?format=jpg

He may be more fit, but looks like we wont have to worry about extra muscle weighing him down. 

We'll just have to wait and see on all the above. Number of touches...pass blocking...etc. We'll also see how Gus plans to utilize him. Most is hinging on that last part.

I will be shocked if he doesn't surpass 1,000 all-purpose.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

We'll just have to wait and see on all the above.

Yep, let’s wait and see.

Until then, 

2,000 plus yards and 20 plus TDs, so let's hope so!!!”

On 7/24/2018 at 3:19 PM, McLoofus said:

2016 was a nightmare in the red zone. 2015, too. Actually, it was a problem in 2014, too. You are right about that. 

And our red zone percentage wasn't amazing last season. 36th in the country or something like that. We did have a ton of rushing TDs compared to most of the schools above us, but we definitely need to throw the ball more in the RZ. That's been a problem. But once we got to the 5 yard line last season, KJ was money out of the wildcat. He was money in all short yardage situations. 

Now, does our whole offense suffer due to an over-reliance on the wildcat? There are some smart dudes on here who think so. And you're totally right that we need to throw out of it more regardless of who's taking the snap. But it was a good short yardage play for us and we have a guy, even if he's young, who is physically a hybrid of Cam Newton and Kerryon Johnson who can run, catch and (sorta?) throw. 

All just my opinion. Don't mean to talk like I know anything. I don't. 

Good conversation. 

(Bullcrap!)  You ALWAYS bring good stuff here Loof, and I appreciate it greatly.:bow:

On 7/31/2018 at 9:55 AM, BigWhiskey91 said:

Kenny Irons also ran like he was 6'2...225 lbs. I loved watching that kid run the ball.

9 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

Kenny Irons also ran like he was 6'2...225 lbs. I loved watching that kid run the ball.

Every recruiting cycle, I look for a guy who reminds me of him and then get irrationally sad when we don't sign him. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Every recruiting cycle, I look for a guy who reminds me of him and then get irrationally sad when we don't sign him. 

Describe irrationally mad...

Like you punched a hole in your bathroom door? Because, I've never done that before.

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Describe irrationally mad...

Like you punched a hole in your bathroom door? Because, I've never done that before.

Pretty sure that merely being upset that we didn't sign another Kenny Irons at any level qualifies as irrational. So I suppose I was being redundantly redundant. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Pretty sure that merely being upset that we didn't sign another Kenny Irons at any level qualifies as irrational. So I suppose I was being redundantly redundant. 

My brother, if that's what you call irrational, consider yourself lucky. 

I get pissed when my cereal gets soggy before I'm finished eating it.

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

My brother, if that's what you call irrational, consider yourself lucky. 

I get pissed when my cereal gets soggy before I'm finished eating it.

HAH! I was definitely dodging the question. My right fist very understandably believes me to be the dumbest man alive. 

3 minutes ago, logan adams said:

With his size and how he has gotten hurt, 0% chance.

5'10" 195 

What's wrong with his size?

And please explain all of his injuries

Archived