Can Kam Martin be "The Guy" in 2018?

WFE12

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Sample size growing but still small.

With that said, Whitlow & Shivers are both much more dynamic with the ball than Kam.

Next week might settle it (not necessarily) but if I were making the depth chart it would be a Boobie-Worm backfield.

Also of note, Joiner impressed me as Wildcat and having Ryan Davis & Anthony Schwartz on the field at the same time is almost cheating.

War Eagle!!!

^^^All of this^^^ 

Also, I’d like to see Cord/Joiner(potentially Gatewood, with Worm/Boobee, and Swartz in motion and McClain/NCM, Sal, and Will Hastings running true read RPO. Saban’s head might explode. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Really like Joiner's potential

Yep, after what I’d heard, pleasantly surprised. Hope to see consistency and improvement. Good stuff. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Chip really might turn Joiner into his next Kalen Ballage after all and that would be a very, very good thing.

All in favor of telling Chip to do this, please affirm. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AUStew87 said:

I really like what Kam has brought to the passing game. ATM I think he is the best rounded RB we have. Of course all of his competition are Freshman and Miller. By the way, Miller looked a step faster on his TD run. I wanted to see more of what Asa could do, but he had to go and fumble. Might have to wait till Southern Miss before we see him again. 

Best well rounding if we aren't counting pass protection. 

Or short yardage runs. 

2 hours ago, mikeholiday said:

Best well rounding if we aren't counting pass protection. 

Or short yardage runs. 

Have you not been watching? His pass pro is better than the others.

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Have you not been watching? His pass pro is better than the others.

I think people also missed the beginning of the Washington game KAM ran over at least 3 people in about 4 minutes

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I think people also missed the beginning of the Washington game KAM ran over at least 3 people in about 4 minutes

And discounting his ball security.

He is clearly #1.  There is a reason he wasn't in the game much after the 1st qtr

I have high hopes for Asa. In the future.. But Whitlow and Kam are going to be there 1-2 punch throughout the year.

Having all the freshman play gave me reason to keep cheering besides the score. Shivers, Joiner, and what a weapon we found in Swartz. He may not get red shirted. I'm looking for bombs as he outruns Alabama DBs. 

I think Kam is #1 on the coaches’ depth chart by a good bit. Up to this point has been best pass protector, ball protector, and pass catcher. However, so far so good on using a committee approach.

I love boobies little slip step when he comes up to a defender! It definitely makes the defenders angle get thrown off and got him a few more yards.

4 hours ago, toddc said:

I love boobies little slip step when he comes up to a defender! It definitely makes the defenders angle get thrown off and got him a few more yards.

Apostrophes are so important...

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Apostrophes are so important...

I’m not an immature 7 year old and I respect there are women on this site too! Don’t appreciate the edit of my post to make your little joke.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

I’m not an immature 7 year old and I respect there are women on this site too! Don’t appreciate the edit of my post to make your little joke.

Wow. I removed the edit. 

You might want to buckle up for a bumpy ride. Mine was about the 5,000th such joke and Boobee is only a freshman.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Wow. I removed the edit. 

You might want to buckle up for a bumpy ride. Mine was about the 5,000th such joke and Boobee is only a freshman.

Make all the silly and childish jokes you want to, but don’t make it look like I’m participating with editing my posts. 

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

I have high hopes for Asa. In the future.. But Whitlow and Kam are going to be there 1-2 punch throughout the year.

Having all the freshman play gave me reason to keep cheering besides the score. Shivers, Joiner, and what a weapon we found in Swartz. He may not get red shirted. I'm looking for bombs as he outruns Alabama DBs. 

The new redshirt rule is having a huge effect on the college game, at least for teams that recruit really well. 

6 hours ago, toddc said:

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif

I’m relaxed totally, but it’s not right to edit someone else’s posts to make it look like I wrote something I didn’t write, nor endorse. I don’t care what silly and immature jokes others make about boobies nickname, but I don’t want others thinking I act like a 2nd grader when I don’t. I do think it’s not respectful to the women on the forum either!

6 hours ago, toddc said:

I’m relaxed totally, but it’s not right to edit someone else’s posts to make it look like I wrote something I didn’t write, nor endorse. I don’t care what silly and immature jokes others make about boobies nickname, but I don’t want others thinking I act like a 2nd grader when I don’t. I do think it’s not respectful to the women on the forum either!

Jesus Christ dude. This is the 2nd time you've whined about it since I changed it back. Let it go. 

And seriously, learn how to spell his name, learn how to capitalize a proper noun and learn how to use a damned apostrophe. You keep typing "boobies". Starting to think you're the child here.

Then maybe use the name JaTarvious or Whitlow instead of Boobee (which is the correct spelling of his nickname) and not Boobie. If you're going to spell it incorrectly then you might get the jokes along with it. Just saying. 

I think he is a complementary piece of the RB puzzle. I see flashes in Kam where is is very good. He looked good against ASU (very bad opponent). He does not appear to be our best pure runner, but I think he is the best at catching the ball on screens, etc. That makes him dangerous.

Boobee looks good but I worry about how he holds the ball carelessly at times. He will probably be the best pass blocker and is the most physical but his pass catching skills are a big question.

Shivers looks great but man is he small. As most of you probably agree - I would like to see more of him on the field in the first and second quarter. 

Asa - who knows. 

And I liked what I saw from Joiner in the wildcat. Big dude. 

So to really answer the question - I think the RBs combined can carry the load but there is not one player that will dominate a game. 

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

And ouch with Asa Martin. I know it was his first touch but he has bust written all over him, attitude and work ethic.  

And the fumbles aren’t anything new with him. He had issues  fumbling the ball in high school as well.

Archived