2018 Women's Soccer

aucanucktiger

Challenging August 8 tuneup at Clemson is right around the corner as we begin our campaign for a 5th consecutive NCAA tourney invitation. Schedule this year includes 10(!) teams that made last year's tournament and we travel to play back to back SEC champ South Carolina. Bama comes to Auburn but then again we beat (basically, punked) them 14 of the last 17 meetings. IMO Auburn fields some terrific, experienced talent in midfield and between the pipes this season and there's world class potential up front too.   

https://auburntigers.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Challenging August 8 tuneup at Clemson is right around the corner as we begin our campaign for a 5th consecutive NCAA tourney invitation. Schedule this year includes 10(!) teams that made last year's tournament and we travel to play back to back SEC champ South Carolina. Bama comes to Auburn but then again we beat (basically, punked) them 14 of the last 17 meetings. IMO Auburn fields some terrific, experienced talent in midfield and between the pipes this season and there's world class potential up front too.   

https://auburntigers.com/schedule.aspx?path=wsoc

Did we bring some good freshmen as strikers?  I know we were a few scorers up front away from really making a deep run.   I guess Lebeau is gone from goal this year?  She was elite in the pipes. Edit ... Just checked and Sarah is back in goal as a redshirt Senior!!

I’m looking forward to this year.  I know 3 of the freshmen ... not real personal ... through my daughter playing with/against them.

hailey Whitaker will remind you some of Kristen Dodson and she is very tenacious.  I assume she will play as a 7, 11 or 9.  She is also a really good kid and I really like her folks.

Julia pack will play as an 8 or 10 and could very well have the best first touch on the team the day she shows up.

abby Jacobs started school in January and is a fast, very good athlete who can score from her outside back position.

they played on the BUSA ecnl team that probably did better than any BUSA ecnl team to-date.

my daughter played odp with them and we know them a little from other places.  I really hope they succeed.  This 00 age group has been really successful.  Starting this year, particularly, I will know or know of kids all over the south playing in college.

a lot of really good kids and cool families.  Will be fun to watch.

looking at the roster, we’ve picked up a few new players this year.  Hope they have a good season.

Can't wait to see 5'1" frosh Hailey up front darting around & wrong-footing the opposition's lumbering defenders! Diminutive players Lilly, Hamm, Pele, Messi & Mueller are/were every defenders nightmare.

I went to a lot of games last season and I am really looking forward to this season. I love the atmosphere at the pitch and with the new influx of talent you all speak of, I see good things this year!!

On 7/24/2018 at 3:33 PM, mustache eagle said:

I’m looking forward to this year.  I know 3 of the freshmen ... not real personal ... through my daughter playing with/against them.

hailey Whitaker will remind you some of Kristen Dodson and she is very tenacious.  I assume she will play as a 7, 11 or 9.  She is also a really good kid and I really like her folks.

Julia pack will play as an 8 or 10 and could very well have the best first touch on the team the day she shows up.

abby Jacobs started school in January and is a fast, very good athlete who can score from her outside back position.

they played on the BUSA ecnl team that probably did better than any BUSA ecnl team to-date.

my daughter played odp with them and we know them a little from other places.  I really hope they succeed.  This 00 age group has been really successful.  Starting this year, particularly, I will know or know of kids all over the south playing in college.

a lot of really good kids and cool families.  Will be fun to watch.

looking at the roster, we’ve picked up a few new players this year.  Hope they have a good season.

That is awesome for these girls from our state earning a D1 scholarship!!   In my opinion, many univeristies in the state dont look hard enough within our state. We have lots of talent and top notch Clubs.  I would sincerely wish the community colleges in Alabama would bring back womens soccer and give our girls another alternative to develop. 

2 hours ago, aufootball1 said:

That is awesome for these girls from our state earning a D1 scholarship!!   In my opinion, many univeristies in the state dont look hard enough within our state. We have lots of talent and top notch Clubs.  I would sincerely wish the community colleges in Alabama would bring back womens soccer and give our girls another alternative to develop. 

Much of the talent in this state goes to play in Atlanta for clubs as BUSA seems to have a problem alienating players with the way they run things. I have seen some very high level HS soccer where I am in central AL and hope some of those underclassmen girls get pursued by AU as well. I am not sure what clubs they play on, but I hope Coach Hoppa has taken a look for the 2020 class.

• 2 weeks later...

AUBURN, Ala. – In its final tune-up prior to the 2018 season, Auburn soccer hosts Kennesaw State Saturday at 6:30 p.m. CT at the Auburn Soccer Complex.

Admission to all Auburn soccer home matches is free. 

The match is Auburn's second of two exhibitions this preseason. The Tigers are coming off a road exhibition at Clemson in which they battled the homestanding Tigers to a 2-2 draw Wednesday evening. Junior transfer Treva Aycock accounted for both goals in her Auburn debut, while Rocio Sanders assisted on both goals and Bri Folds chipped in on the latter.

Saturday will mark Auburn's sixth matchup with Kennesaw State. The Tigers are 5-0-0 against the Owls and most recently secured a 5-0 win in an exhibition match at Kennesaw State in 2015.

Prior to Saturday's exhibition, fans are encouraged to attend the annual Auburn Fan Day presented by Golden Flake in the Indoor Practice Facility and Watson Field House from 3:30-5:30 p.m. For more information on Fan Day, click here.

0-0 HT vs KSU. AU has been on the front foot since kick but hasn’t been able to finish any of their 12 shots. Playing well in the midfield but can’t find someone to finish some of the good chances, including a one-on-one with the keeper that wasn’t a good effort from the AU forward. Lots of positive things that half though, but need to finish some of these. 

17 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Were the attacks well developed?

Yes. Bri Fold in the CM position showing Casey Ramsier-like play. There are some FR out here looking like they’ve been here before. 

Can't wait to watch on Thursday for opener on sec netw. 

1-0 AU. 27’ to go. Bri sends a BEAUTIFUL ball through to someone (couldn’t see who and she slots it into the opposite side net. 

1-1. 22’ to go. Ball (that the 3rd string keeper should have hint after) falls in the box and KSU outs in through the keepers legs to draw level. Lots of reserves in but you sure want to see better than that. 

2-1 AU. Malonson fouled 35 yard out right in the middle of the pitch and FR Angeline Daly (you will hear her name ALOT these next 4 years) just drills a blast right by the wall and in to the top right corner. That was a rocket. 

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

2-1 AU. Malonson fouled 35 yard out right in the middle of the pitch and FR Angeline Daly (you will hear her name ALOT these next 4 years) just drills a blast right by the wall and in to the top right corner. That was a rocket. 

Wow! Fantastic. Bet that was fun to see 

3-1 AU 1’ to go. AU takes a free kick 50 yards out. It drops to Abby Meadows at the top of the box and she turns on her defender and sends it home!

3-1 AU FT. Nice final warmup for the Tigers. Not sure how they will far in the SEC but there’s talent and youth all over the field with leaders in key places. Should be fun to watch. Looking forward to the opener in BHM. 

Ladies are opening the season at Samford. Good crowd here. 

GOAL 1-0 AU 35 min to go in the first. Bri Folds takes a pass off a free kick from just outside the top left corner of the 18 yard box and hits it inside the right side netting! Samford’s keeper is a tad undersized if you ask me, so she wasn’t able to reach up and knock the ball out. 

I think I read where Samford has won 4 straight conference championships so this is a good early season test. 

PENALTY! AU gets taken down in the box after a great through ball. Bri Folds takes and slots it into the back left corner!

2-0 AU 23’ to go 1st

GOAL! Angeline Daly take a free kick from 35 yards out off to the right and hits a LASER that the keeper can’t stop on her diving try to the right. Daly is a force on any free kick inside 35 yards. 

3-0 AU 20’ to go

Archived