2018 Women's Soccer

aucanucktiger

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you didn’t know from the graphic on the screen, you wouldn’t know UF was down a man. AU isn’t getting anything from thier midfield right now and UF is dominating possession. 

Au misses thier round 3 as well. This one is over. Don’t know how you miss 3 straight PKs like that. Not a great way to end the year. Gonna have to give this a couple of days before reflecting on the season. 

22 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Au misses thier round 3 as well. This one is over. Don’t know how you miss 3 straight PKs like that. Not a great way to end the year. Gonna have to give this a couple of days before reflecting on the season. 

Well crap!

AU is 12-6-1, I haven’t followed much of the rest of the country so I don’t know what their chances are of making the tournament. Maybe they have a shot?

• 2 weeks later...

Auburn plays Minnesota in the first round of the NCAA tournament IN AUBURN this afternoon at 3. Minnesota lost 3 or their last 4 regular season games before inflicting 3 consecutive shutouts on solid competition in the Big 10 tourney. Good draw for us however IMHO.

At the half AU 0 Minn 0.

the first 20 AU had the pressure and 5 shots on goal nothing to serious. But the last 20 everything AU was winning in the first 20 Minn was now winning and got 5 shots on goal 1 of which LeBoe made a great save and punched it over the bar. AU seemed slow in the last 10. Gonna be interesting in second half. 

It also poured the first 5-7 minutes. 

Minn goaltender is out kicking LeBoe (sp) by 10-15 yards on all types of kicks.

Folds gets taken down in the box and no call.  2 minutes later similar play Minn player gets taken down just outside the box and it gets called, Hoppa is pissed, leads to a kick and a ricochet for a goal, which LeBoe protest to the referee to no avail. It has been a rough game and the referee has been wushu washy on his calls, no consistency.

Minn 1 - AU 0 

29 minutes left

Rats.

4 post season shutouts in a row now for the golden gophers - against teams that know their way around the attacking third. They may go far this tournament. 

Well that was a crash and burn finish to a promising 9-0 start to the season. 

Well this season finish WAY different than it looked like it was going to. The issues started when Jaelyn Gadson went down at the end of the 9-0-0 start. She reeked havoc on the edge and stretched the defense out leaving more space in the middle for Folds and Daly. AU just never found a consistent scorer up front and that was really their biggest undoing. This was a young team that had success early but when it started falling, it fell hard. Making the tournaments (SEC and NCAA) were crucial though for this young team so in all not a terrible season, but you expect that AU would have at least gotten to the second round. I didn't see yesterday's game so I can't comment on that, but it's good that they finished well enough to host. I suspect the cold, damp day favored Minnesota and that, coupled with AU's shallow bench had the greatest effect on the outcome.

• 3 months later...

@jared52 She had an injury her senior year of high school.  I assume it’s carry over from that but don’t know.  She has a crazy good first touch.  Was on national team and odp radar for a large part of her youth career.  She’s one to watch if she gets fit again - one thing is will she commit to playing defense along with her offense

Archived