2018 Women's Soccer

aucanucktiger

MSU rolled the dice and lost...….pulled the goal tender and ...breakaway goal for AU makes it 3-0 ….

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will do it. AU shuts out previously undefeated MSU and reaches 8-0-0 for the first time in school history. It wasn’t easy by any stretch and look out for MSU with 13 FR on their squad. 

Felt like MSU had all the possession the 2nd half. Sarah was on top of her game at goal.  Great job holding on. 

5 hours ago, jared52 said:

Thank God for soccer...

Or the Women's sports in general. 

After handing MSU their first loss of the season on Friday, AU looks to NOT hand ASU their first win of the season. They did win their exhibition over Faulkner, but have lost all 5 of their regular season games. They have only scored 2 goals and given up 19. The two teams have a common opponent in Samford, where AU won 4-0, ASU lost 1-0. ASU is coming off a 7-0 home loss to Mercer as well. Needless to say, this should go AU’s way. I’m hoping to see a lot of some of the young players and less of the critical players like Daly and Folds. I’d like to see Ramby in goal as I think from what I’ve seen she might be the keeper next year over Milich, but the sample size is really small. 

I was also told by @AU64 that Gianna Montini’s mother passed away from cancer before the MSU game. She played, but I would hope she could take a few days and be with her family and skip this one. Think of her when you pray. 

AU has kicked off vs ASU and 2 min in Bri Folds finds the back of the net off a pass from I think Aycock, but they didn’t show a replay. I won’t be following this one live and posting becuase the church small group we host is here and I’ve been told it’s rude to watch Auburn Soccer in the middle of discussing this morning’s sermon. I’m sure you will all survive without me. 

Auburn hammering Ala State...up 7-0 with about 15 minutes to play and the bench was cleared a long time ago.   AU has 40 shots on goal tonight.....that poor goal keeper for Ala State is gonna be seeing soccer balls coming at her in her sleep tonight.   Actually she's done pretty well....but totally overwhelmed.

Second straight 7-0 loss for ASU. Ouch. AU now with 9 straight wins to start the season, but it gets significantly more challenging from here on out. I think they are up for it though. 

On 9/16/2018 at 8:14 PM, jared52 said:

Second straight 7-0 loss for ASU. Ouch. AU now with 9 straight wins to start the season, but it gets significantly more challenging from here on out. I think they are up for it though. 

Awesome! As a whole Auburn has to be relatively pleased with the vast majority of our sports teams right now!
War Eagle girls!

#9 AU about to take on LSU in Baton Rouge. LSU is coming off two straight losses, one at #4 aTm and the other at Cincy. AU and LSU have a common opponents in Samford, who LSU beat 2-0 (AU 4-0) and Cincy (2-1 LSU at Cincy, 3-1 AU in Auburn).

I watched a bit of the aTm game and didn’t see anything AU can not handle but they have some really big forwards and the like long balls to them, something that tends to work to creat chances for AU.

10’ in and it’s been mostly LSU to this point. They have had most of the possession, but only one decent chance. Thier defenders are doing an outstanding job of preventing any through balls from getting run down bun aU forwards. They are very fast in the back. 

20’ in and more of the same. AU turning the ball over in the midfield and LSU not able to put 2 passes together to take any real shots, though they have 4-5 so far. AU looks like they are running in sand. 

30’ in and AU is showing some improvement in getting forward but LSU is still very comfortable at the back not letting anything into the box. AU does earn a corner here though. 

And LSU comes down and puts one just off the outside of the post. It was deflected by AU so it’s a corner, which is dangerous but cleared for an LSU throw. 

We are whiffing on shots.  Not hitting solid. The 2 on 1 should have produced better. 

0-0 HT. AU began to somewhat open things up a little but that was clearly LSU’s half with more corners and more chances. Neither team has had a great chance, but LSU has come close on a couple of opportunities. For AU, they just haven’t been able to deal with LSU’s speed. Every AU attack fizzles as it reaches the final third because LSU’s midfield is able to recover and defend. The defense hasn’t been tested yet.  

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

0-0 HT. AU began to somewhat open things up a little but that was clearly LSU’s half with more corners and more chances. Neither team has had a great chance, but LSU has come close on a couple of opportunities. For AU, they just haven’t been able to deal with LSU’s speed. Every AU attack fizzles as it reaches the final third because LSU’s midfield is able to recover and defend. The defense hasn’t been tested yet.  

Yep.  I like what I have seen from Meadows.  She had some speed and aggressiveness.  Wasn't she the one that had that sick heel back crossover in the box against Alabama State to give herself a shot? That was filthy.

23 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yep.  I like what I have seen from Meadows.  She had some speed and aggressiveness.  Wasn't she the one that had that sick heel back crossover in the box against Alabama State to give herself a shot? That was filthy.

I didn’t see all of that game so I can’t say for sure. She and Hailey coming on helped a bit. 

Archived