2018 Women's Soccer

aucanucktiger

21’ to go and another good chance as Cami Rogers gets all to way to the top of the box but her shot is right at the LSU keeper for the save. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

17’ to go and another good chance for AU. A free kick falls to Whittaker who collects and shots just outside the 6 yard box but it hits the keeper’s leg and the defense clears. 

10’ to go. AU has had more success getting chances this half for sure, but nothing to show for it. Malonson just picked up a yellow for a late tackle. LSU has been wanting a yellow on AU for a while and finally got it. It was the right call. 

0-0 end of regulation. Got to feel like AU has a good chance in OT as they have poured it on in the last 30’ but nothing to show for it. LSU has been lucky and good in keeping AU out of the net. Hoping for that golden goal!

Just keep our back line solid, not to give up a mistake goal ourselves. We have been so close to connecting.  Let's attack and get it. 

LSU seems to be more fatigued than Auburn, but the ball looks be filled with helium off our foot.  Overshoot everything. Set pieces have not been good for us tonight.  

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

LSU seems to be more fatigued than Auburn, but the ball looks be filled with helium off our foot.  Overshoot everything. Set pieces have not been good for us tonight.  

Agree. LSU looking to slow things down as much as they can. 

This one ends 0-0. Can’t feel bad about the way AU played, just that the winning streak is over. Still undefeated. Just not untied. Getting wins on the road in the SEC is tough so have to live with the tie. Second year in a row for AU to 0-0 draw LSU. 

Entertaining game.  Great defense.  Auburn just did not make the LSU keeper move off her line very much when they did get a shot off. Still should move up with a solid game against Ole miss.  Arky beating TAMU tonight was something I didn't expect but not surprised.  I remember how gritty they were against us last year. A bit surprised beating them 3-1.

Watched about 30 min of first half.  LSU defenders were big, physical and faster than us.

Appears we could not finish.  That was an issue last year but not as much this year till last night.

btw, the male announcer for LSU last night was horrible.  Please have at least a passing knowledge of a sport you are announcing ... good grief.  I thought the lady did a fine job.

13 hours ago, jared52 said:

This one ends 0-0. Can’t feel bad about the way AU played, just that the winning streak is over. Still undefeated. Just not untied. Getting wins on the road in the SEC is tough so have to live with the tie. Second year in a row for AU to 0-0 draw LSU. 

LSU bones us again lol

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

LSU bones us again lol

I was really hoping for an equally disappointing loss for them with us scoring in OT. Oh well.  They were definitely more physical, but we stayed out of the loss column. 

19 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I was really hoping for an equally disappointing loss for them with us scoring in OT. Oh well.  They were definitely more physical, but we stayed out of the loss column. 

A tie on the road in the SEC is nothing to sniff at.     Still undefeated and in good shape for post season...

49 minutes ago, AU64 said:

A tie on the road in the SEC is nothing to sniff at.     Still undefeated and in good shape for post season...

Oh I agree. Just would have liked to beat LSU, like I want in all sports. Our girls really deserved a win with their play after half time, but we were as close as a lucky foot stuck out preventing a rebound goal in OT. I like the way this team has played early on. 

4 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Oh I agree. Just would have liked to beat LSU, like I want in all sports. Our girls really deserved a win with their play after half time, but we were as close as a lucky foot stuck out preventing a rebound goal in OT. I like the way this team has played early on. 

Yep....pretty hard nosed out there....

It’s match day on the Plains as AU welcomes Ole Miss to the Auburn Soccer Complex. It’s been feast or famine for Ole Miss who stand 7-4, 1-1 in the SEC. They are coming off a pair of home losses to Memphis and UT, but manage to beat uat in Tuscaloosa last week. AU will have to conemd with a good SR forward in Cecelia Kiser who leads OM with 9 goals and seasoned keeper, much like with LSU. 

Wish we could make it down, but too much on our plate today. Hoping there is a good crowd as the ladies look to remain unbeaten in 2018.

Archived