2018 Women's Soccer

aucanucktiger

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AU scores as I wait for my kid in the bathroom as we are walking out. Didn’t see who but ball got taken to the box and was drilled home. 

4-0 AU 9 to go

Final ended up 4-0. AU looked really good especially with all the new players all over the field. Really enjoy watching them and if they stay together, I expect to see some good years of soccer. 

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like Daly is lethal on free kicks.  That's great!  I searched everywhere to try to watch it tonight but must not have been on free television. The Sunday game is on SEC +. 

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like Daly is lethal on free kicks.  That's great!  I searched everywhere to try to watch it tonight but must not have been on free television. The Sunday game is on SEC +.  

I have seen her take 3, one vs KSU and 2 vs Samford. 2 were goals, the one that wasn't was over the bar by about 3-4 feet. I can only describe the shot as "heavy". On the goal yesterday, the keeper dove to her right and got both hands on the ball, but wasn't strong enough to defect it away from goal. If AU gets a free kick, it's going to be a legit goal opportunity every time. I expect teams to build larger walls though since her shots are usually strong, straight kicks, but this will open up the opportunity for balls to be curled into the box for someone else to put home.

AU taking on USF and right now, USF looks to be the more dangerous team. Not too happy about USF taking out Gaston with a blow to the back and not seeing a card for it. 

GOAL! Daly intercepts a pass at modfield and makes a run up the middle, then drops off a beautiful pass to forward, her shot is saved and it rebounds to a just entered Gerow who hits the bottom of the crossbar and gets it in. 

1-0 AU 24’ to go in half. 

Wow. Ref cautions AU for a foul just outside the box. All those fouls on USF and yet AU’s first foul results in a card. 

LeBeau makes her second outstanding save of the game on the resulting free kick.  

AU leads at half behind a great run by Daly and a handful of good saves by LeBeau. USF still looks the better team with a high share of possession and several good chances though. AU needs to clean up midfield play and Bri needs to take more control in that space. She seemed a bit passive in play that half. 

GOAL! AU runs a beautiful corner play. A touch to Bri Folds who plays it back to Sanders (who dropped the short corner to Bri) who shoots. Gadson deflects the shot past the keeper very deftly for her first goal of 2018. 

2-0 AU 32’ to go

You can really see what a difference it makes for AU to have Gadson who was hard fouled early in the first half and went off. 

USF now with 15 fouls.

Just now, mustache eagle said:

The ref is gonna let our players get killed.  Usf’s McGrath pummels gadson ... again

Yeah, and what is frustrating is you can tell she’s not playing the ball on several of them. 

18 fouls and ref gives the yellow. There was one earlier too but he’s going to have to give them out almost every time if he’s going to stop USF from stepping on AU ankles the rest of the way. 

Just now, mustache eagle said:

Another yellow on USF for the 17th foul

17 came when the Hungarian kick Bri and then threw the ball back at her. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

17 came when the Hungarian kick Bri and then threw the ball back at her. 

Heck it’s hard to keep up 

One of those games where I hope we put another couple goals just to rub it in some

Yellow for USF for running into LeBeau. It wasn’t hard but should have been avoided and when you have 19 fouls, you get no leeway. 

Archived