2018 Women's Soccer

aucanucktiger

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Heck it’s hard to keep up 

One of those games where I hope we put another couple goals just to rub it in some

I’m ok with working on holding this at 2-0 and limiting how many you send forward on attack. That’s something these young players need to be able to do. 

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow close. Aycock is fed a nice ball by Daly (co-WOMT for me, tied with LeBeau who just made another huge save) but she slides it JUST wide. 

Just now, mustache eagle said:

USF is actually a decent team

they just don’t have that little something extra

That’s a credit to a good AU defense. 

Yikes. Ball squirts through 2 USF defenders and Gerow has it unopposed at the top of the box but isn’t able to put it on target. 

Ball sails over the goal and with that AU is pretty much able to run out the clock. Good to see AU rely on defense to hang on to this one. Hate the late goal as LeBeau deserved the clean sheet. Also go to see Daly’s game come up another notch with Folds struggling most of the day. 

Good test from an aggressive USF who finished with (I think) 22 fouls. These young players are showing some good poise so far and LeBeau is as solid as ever. 

Should be fun watching them grow more. 

The corner goal was a thing of beauty.  Le beau earned a shutout.  The goal in the final minute stunk. Good game to build on. 

Missed the first 35 min of this one vs UAB but it’s ALL AU. Up 3-0 with 6’ to go in the half. In fact, AU was up 3-0 after just 16’. 

It’s halftime and still 3-0. Coach moves Haliey Whitaker, a very talent FR up to striker and I hope she gets her first of many goals. I can see her becoming the next Kristen Dodson with her speed and footwork. 

Apparently, I’m not allowed to see goals. It’s 4-0 and I was paying attention to volleyball and missed how AU scores again.

6-nil. AU. I actually saw this one. Cami Rogers wins a ball on the left side and runs it all the way in. Keeper makes the save but it rebounds right back to Rogers and she gets it over the line. 

7’ to go 

On 8/24/2018 at 11:29 PM, WarEagle2423 said:

That third goal by Daly was a thing of beauty. 

All of her free kick have that same pace and trajectory. 

You have to be kidding me. AU has had 90% of possession, but ULL gets a ball to the top of the box, turns it and it slides past LeBeau for a goal. 

1-0 ULL 3’ 1H

GOAL! FR Hailey Whittaker cleanly collects a nice long ball from Troutman in the box, slides it out to her left, turns and drills a ball into the left side. GREAT answer! 

1-1 2’ 1H

Archived