2018 Maui Invitational

tigerbrotha12

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Duke's Referee's gonna make the margin of fouls from today look like child's play, and we're gonna be heavily disrespected. 

Too bad the each team can't call its own fouls, like we did in pickup games as a boy. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup we definitely will be playing 8 on 5 in this one. Combine how Bruce's style wears on refs and Duke always gets the benefit of the doubt we are going to have to be on our A+ game tonight 

• WarTiger changed the title to Duke vs SDSU

Anybody watching the Arizona Gonzaga game? How is Arizona doing this with all five starters gone from last year and only able to retain one Recruit that was committed to them before the FBI scandal?

Arizona looked like they were playing a bit above their heads for a while. They’ll be a pretty good team, but we should be picked to win that one. Hope we can get out of there with a 2-1 record with that one loss being by six to the number one team 

7 hours ago, AURealist said:

Final

Gonzaga:  91

Arizona:  74

Arizona had a strong first half.  Gonzaga came alive in the second.

Arizona does not have much depth....FBI sting got them too....lost some good p!ayers.

Did I see you-off at 10 PM central time ?

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Arizona does not have much depth....FBI sting got them too....lost some good p!ayers.

Did I see you-off at 10 PM central time ?

eh..... what?

2 minutes ago, AURealist said:

eh..... what?

Tip off for the game....auto correct got me again 

3 minutes ago, AURealist said:

ESPN says 10:30pm Central

😬

Wednesday's Games

All times EST

SDSU vs. Iowa State, 2:30 p.m., ESPN2

Duke vs. Gonzaga, 5 p.m., ESPN

Xavier vs. Illinois, 9 p.m., ESPNU

Auburn vs. Arizona, 11:30 p.m., ESPN2

55 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Geez, I would have thought 3rd place would play before 1st place. 

Yeah, very weird. Seems like it's anti-climactic doing it this way with the champion already known before the 3rd place game. But I guess they don't want to play the title game at 11:30PM EST

Just now, Tiger said:

Yeah, very weird. Seems like it's anti-climactic doing it this way with the champion already known before the 3rd place game. But I guess they don't want to play the title game at 11:30PM EST

TV ratings.  The championship being played at 1130 EST wouldn’t be good

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Do we or will we have the legs for tonight.  That’s the biggest question.  

I suppose everyone else is in the same boat. And we have played later each day.  We may have the most rest 

This tournament will really help us get ready for the SEC we are seeing multiple different styles from some really good teams. We have played a bust your butt hard working Xavier Team, a Super Star talented Duke team and we will be playing a defensive minded Arizona team. The one area of concern I have in the Arizona game is how many minutes Brown and Harper have had to play. I am glad for the late games and that is a little more recovery time for those two. Other positions we rotated a lot and because of foul trouble some players like Okeke and Doughty should be fresh. This would be a great game for Okeke to break out and for Doughty to play like he did against UW.

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This tournament will really help us get ready for the SEC we are seeing multiple different styles from some really good teams. We have played a bust your butt hard working Xavier Team, a Super Star talented Duke team and we will be playing a defensive minded Arizona team. The one area of concern I have in the Arizona game is how many minutes Brown and Harper have had to play. I am glad for the late games and that is a little more recovery time for those two. Other positions we rotated a lot and because of foul trouble some players like Okeke and Doughty should be fresh. This would be a great game for Okeke to break out and for Doughty to play like he did against UW.

Yup, I think this game both teams may look sloppy and shots may be hitting the front end of the rim more than usual because of tired legs. I hope we can keep our intensity on the glass considering our propensity to launch from deep.

Maybe we try to make a concerted effort to establish Wiley down low with post feeds. It feels like our guys are scared to make the entry pass at times. I don't know much about Arizona other than they lost a lot of talent and Zona is typically an elite program. Either way I hope we have a strong showing tonight and leave Maui in 3rd. We would lose some of our good will we earned by playing Duke tough to lose tonight to a weaker than usual Arizona team

You guys crying waaay too much about calls. As soon as we started attacking the basket we got calls. We had reddish and Zion in foul trouble right out the gate. You can tell we're new to the basketball thing

We're going to have to do something as far as a back up point. Idk what we can do really but Pearl is going to have to think of something

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We're going to have to do something as far as a back up point. Idk what we can do really but Pearl is going to have to think of something

i don't know what he could do because we don't want BB on the floor as a PG....for resting jared,maybe doughty for a few minutes....the PG position will get better when wiley gets more time on the court...mccormick can dribble and pass the ball inside to him a few times....right now the 3 concerns me more than the point

Archived