2018 Maui Invitational

tigerbrotha12

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

How is he overrated? lol. He will most likely be the number 2 pick in the NBA Draft. He has clearly shown this year the narrative of him just being a dunker is not true.

Exactly. Be the 2nd pick and then not able to keep up with the quickness of the NBA game. He will get his dunks but he will be a Zach Randolph. He's no Lebron or Kobe. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Duke the "best team ever". Talented for sure, but come on folks.

Haha. Yep. People are slobbing on highlights without actually seeing the games. Glad to see actual basketball take over.

In the end Duke collasessly disappoints..

And we Joker 😂

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Exactly. People are slobbing on highlights without actually seeing the games. Glad to see actual basketball take over.

I think the fact that they beat the brakes off Kentucky(a every other team going into the tournament) had a lot to do with it. I think they were averaging ~20 point victories until  they played AU—which is pretty impressive on our part regardless of theirs. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think the fact that they beat the brakes off Kentucky(a every other team going into the tournament) had a lot to do with it. I think they were averaging ~20 point victories until  they played AU. 

True. It may tell us something about UK this year

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

True. It may tell us something about UK this year

Their schedule has been pretty weak thus far. Seton Hall  and Utah may give them a game until they play UNC on 12/22. 

I like this little tournament and I like what Bruce is doing scheduling more difficult teams earlier in the season. It’s nice to see how we can stack up, and it’s good experience early on for the players. 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Exactly. Be the 2nd pick and then not able to keep up with the quickness of the NBA game. He will get his dunks but he will be a Zach Randolph. He's no Lebron or Kobe. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

How on earth will he be a Zach Randolph? You could not slide a phone book under Zach Randolph when he jumps.  Zion has elite level athleticism. WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON HERE?!?! So because he will not be LeBron he will be overrated? If he has a career like Zach Randolph that is not bad at all. Good player. 2 time all star. He has a lot of highlights each night because his high flying dunks sell.

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Duke the "best team ever". Talented for sure, but come on folks.

Well the dudes are right out of high school.  Just traveled quite a distance and played a bunch of older more experienced guys. Handled us pretty easy and lost by 2 to another top school that they had not down by as much as 16. They are going to get a bunch better through the year. I was actually more impressed after watching them, they play smarter than I thought they would. Their PG is smarter and better than I thought. 

1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Bro come on. First 99.6% of people aren't going to be in those guys that you named stratosphere. Second he's a big not a guard he's not supposed to be doing anything that they do. He had a different set of obstacles he has to go through.

Third those guys didn't play college we don't know how they would've handled the college game. Last coach k said that Zion is the best athlete he's coached.....think of the players he's had....there's nothing physically about the nba he's going to have to worry about. He's 280....there isn't any power forwards in the NBA right now that is quicker than him. People say Randolph comparisons because of his build and the left handed stuff, calling him Randolph isn't a negative. Randolph with incredible athleticism is scary.

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

In our system he could. My cousin didn't start for UT but was third in scoring. But it looks like Davion could've started this year for us maybe

Started at what spot? Harper is our best player right now, hard to sit him down for back up PG minutes.

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

I guess that was possible but Duke seemed to have a second gear and every time we put on a rally, they just cranked it down and ran it back up.  Our guys played a good game ....very good game....but not sure we ever had a chance to win. JMO

Duke and Zags getting underway now....NCAA final four game...preview?  

We had chances to win that game. Our start really hurt. We cut it to 5-6 points in the second half and were one more stop or turnover from a one possession game. (Without playing our best game).

2 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Started at what spot? Harper is our best player right now, hard to sit him down for back up PG minutes.

We had chances to win that game. Our start really hurt. We cut it to 5-6 points in the second half and were one more stop or turnover from a one possession game. (Without playing our best game).

Start at 3. We essentially didn't get anything at the spot. We'd had did better if he was here to at least make it hard on a player with an extra defender, my opinion our best. And you have an extra ball handler and a better chance to control tempo. You saw against Arizona the back up playing with Harper or Brown. 

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

Well the dudes are right out of high school.  Just traveled quite a distance and played a bunch of older more experienced guys. Handled us pretty easy and lost by 2 to another top school that they had not down by as much as 16. They are going to get a bunch better through the year. I was actually more impressed after watching them, they play smarter than I thought they would. Their PG is smarter and better than I thought. 

They might turn into the best team ever, but they aren't right not, at least not yet. Too soon to crown them as many have.

55 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

They might turn into the best team ever, but they aren't right not, at least not yet. Too soon to crown them as many have.

It's always too early to call someone the greatest all time anything. That doesn't do anything but cause hate. They are a remarkable freshman team though, that so far nobody has been able to exploit them, the key to beating them so far is not having them on the floor. Getting them in foul trouble. That's a complement, it's bad when you are a problem on the court and they want you there

Just now, cole256 said:

It's always too early to call someone the greatest all time anything. That doesn't do anything but cause hate. They are a remarkable freshman team though, that so far nobody has been able to exploit them, the key to beating them so far is not having them on the floor. Getting them in foul trouble. That's a complement, it's bad when you are a problem on the court and they want you there

Yeah they are extremely talented, there is no doubt about that. I'm excited to see where they are as a team in March. 

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Bro come on. First 99.6% of people aren't going to be in those guys that you named stratosphere. Second he's a big not a guard he's not supposed to be doing anything that they do. He had a different set of obstacles he has to go through.

Third those guys didn't play college we don't know how they would've handled the college game. Last coach k said that Zion is the best athlete he's coached.....think of the players he's had....there's nothing physically about the nba he's going to have to worry about. He's 280....there isn't any power forwards in the NBA right now that is quicker than him. People say Randolph comparisons because of his build and the left handed stuff, calling him Randolph isn't a negative. Randolph with incredible athleticism is scary.

Dude. On ESPN they are trying to pump this guy up like he's the second coming. It's real. I get it, he's talented and chose Duke so every one wants to hand him everything already. He's incredibly gifted for a guy his size, no doubt!! But let's pump the freaking brakes on the Awards, MVP,  Fab Five talk.. everyone overreacts. I'm just countering it. That's it. 

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think the fact that they beat the brakes off Kentucky(a every other team going into the tournament) had a lot to do with it. I think they were averaging ~20 point victories until  they played AU—which is pretty impressive on our part regardless of theirs. 

Kentucky was struggling to southern Illinois after that, they’re talented on paper but the development isn’t even close to there yet 

Archived