Absolute best news of the week....

AU64

Anfernee is back at practice.....

per al.com  

Auburn's best rim protector is back at practice.

Center Anfernee McLemore, who suffered a dislocated ankle, fractured tibia and torn ligaments on Feb. 17, was fully cleared medically and returned to practice on Monday, according to coach Bruce Pearl.

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Anfernee is back at practice.....

per al.com  

Auburn's best rim protector is back at practice.

Center Anfernee McLemore, who suffered a dislocated ankle, fractured tibia and torn ligaments on Feb. 17, was fully cleared medically and returned to practice on Monday, according to coach Bruce Pearl.

Thats pretty dang quick!  He has been my favorite player the past two years. I hope he regains his preinjury form.

I've had held off saying anything about anfernee, but I wondered if he would be able to come back at all or be the player he was.  I luckily missed the game he was injured in, but the descriptions of the injury and his pain sounded horrible.  Firstly, I hope the young man is physically OK in general.  Secondly, I hope he comes back and kicks some basketball ass!

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Thats pretty dang quick!  He has been my favorite player the past two years. I hope he regains his preinjury form.

One of the best people to ever come through Auburn I think. Such a good guy

20 hours ago, bigbird said:

I like him a lot too. He may be underrated.

Something tells me he will make a ton of money even if basketball does not work out for him. He's a very bright young man

• 3 weeks later...

It has been almost three weeks since we were told that McLemore had returned to practice. Any word on how he has looked in practice?

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

It has been almost three weeks since we were told that McLemore had returned to practice. Any word on how he has looked in practice?

Saw him walking into the dorms the other day. No limp, no sign of pain, no sign of difficulty walking. 

Not practice, I know, but I'm glad what we're hearing seems to be true. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2018 at 1:20 PM, Tiger said:

Something tells me he will make a ton of money even if basketball does not work out for him. He's a very bright young man

That's an understatement.    I think he was accepted to MIT.   He applied just to see if he could get in I was told.  My son says he is 'wicked smart'. 

3 hours ago, Beaker said:

That's an understatement.    I think he was accepted to MIT.   He applied just to see if he could get in I was told.  My son says he is 'wicked smart'. 

If he doesn't make it to the next level, I could easily see him joining the staff.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

If he doesn't make it to the next level, I could easily see him joining the staff.

Wow....on the surface that sounds cool.  Would have to be a key asset in the recruiting battles.

I really hope he can get back to playing 100%.  It sort of reminds me of the injury that Louisville player Kevin Ware had in the NCAA tourney in 2013.  Brutal leg break, he came back the next season and tried to play but just couldn't get back to form.  He ended transferring and not sure what happened to him.  

Archived