Saban agrees to contract extension

GwillMac6

PLEASE RETIRE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good grief.

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

PLEASE RETIRE ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good grief.

Let’s kick his A Double SS in Bryant Denny in November and speed that event along. WDE!!!???

• WarTiger changed the title to Saban agrees to contract extension
20 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Let’s kick his A Double SS in Bryant Denny in November and speed that event along. WDE!!!???

That is the kind of attitude I should have as well!!! THANKS FAM!

Saban/bammer shouldn't worry Auburn fans.  Gus seems to at least prepare his best for bammer.

It's the underwhelming performances against thUga that I'm sick of......

41 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Saban/bammer shouldn't worry Auburn fans.  Gus seems to at least prepare his best for bammer.

You are not wrong............... 14 and 15 AND 16 will haunt me for a long long long time. So many eggs laid.

On 7/29/2018 at 10:01 AM, JBiGGiE said:

Didn't he JUST sign an extension recently... Geez

The old geezer is in a position to extend that contact annually for more $$ and ..................... he's worth every red cent.

dang....I wish I could make millions telling 20 year old boys how to roll around on the grass with other 20 year olds to fight for a egg shaped ball.. o_O

( PAY OUR TEACHERS!!!!!!!! )

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:05 PM, AUsince72 said:

We have seemed to have that with coaches over the past 20 yrs.........With Tuberville it was Arkansas.

12 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

We have seemed to have that with coaches over the past 20 yrs.........With Tuberville it was Arkansas.

Yes!

I especially hated the Noon kickoff Arky games.  When I saw "Arkansas on Jefferson Pilot" I just marked an L.

18 minutes ago, Auburn06 said:

dang....I wish I could make millions telling 20 year old boys how to roll around on the grass with other 20 year olds to fight for a egg shaped ball.. o_O

You make it sound so...... Unseemly.

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And easy

Plus, I get the sentiment about how "unfair" it is to pay entertainers, athletes, coaches, etc, these obscene amounts of money while policemen, firemen, teachers, etc, make peanuts in comparison.

But it's like my Dad's always said, "if thousands of people would pay money to watch me estimate jobs, I'd be a millionaire too".

The coaches may not be "important" in the grand scheme of things but they are themselves only getting a fraction of what they are generating for these schools/programs.

36 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Plus, I get the sentiment about how "unfair" it is to pay entertainers, athletes, coaches, etc, these obscene amounts of money while policemen, firemen, teachers, etc, make peanuts in comparison.

But it's like my Dad's always said, "if thousands of people would pay money to watch me estimate jobs, I'd be a millionaire too".

The coaches may not be "important" in the grand scheme of things but they are themselves only getting a fraction of what they are generating for these schools/programs.

And it's definitely not a 8 to 5 job

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

More like 5 to 8, and that could be a light day. 

Do you struggle with that as a HS coach? Know the work/life balance can be hard some times.

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

Coach Hayden Frye used to be in his cabin by 5 most days?

40 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

More like 5 to 8, and that could be a light day. 

Do you struggle with that as a HS coach? Know the work/life balance can be hard some times.

Yes 100+ hour weeks during the season definitely stresses the family.  

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well he's no Hayden Fox

My attempt at humor has failed? ...........no excuses considering the many episodes I watched over the years.

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

My attempt at humor has failed? ...........no excuses considering the many episodes I watched over the years.

Luther Van Damme was the best DC of all time

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Are you able to just coach or do you have to teach something at the school as well?  It seems all of our coaches also were a teacher of a subject, usually Health teacher lol. We were a small 4A school when there were 6 divisions.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That's more intense than I imagined. 

Saw Brian Dawkins honoring his high school defensive backs coach tonight in his hall of fame speech and thought of you. Keep up the good work. Your investment is meaningful. (I know you know that).

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That's more intense than I imagined. 

Saw Brian Dawkins honoring his high school defensive backs coach tonight in his hall of fame speech and thought of you. Keep up the good work. Your investment is meaningful. (I know you know that).

God almighty I just :eek2:

9 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Are you able to just coach or do you have to teach something at the school as well?  It seems all of our coaches also were a teacher of a subject, usually Health teacher lol. We were a small 4A school when there were 6 divisions.

Same when I was in HS ('90 grad) but we were a Big school (top classification in Ga back then).  Most were PE and Health, but our 9th Grade HC was my Algebra teacher.... WHAT A NERD!!!! ?

Archived