End of July Recruit BBQ

ellitor

• Like 3

C.J. Mosely's School. Have we ever got a kid from Theodore before for football?

Usually you build the class around a star q.b. or another star player or two. It seems our 2020 pitch will be “Dude, have you seen our class already?”

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

• Like 3
  • Love 1

? ? Boomin 

Sounds like some good players but is it really a good idea to bar-b-que the recruits? :beer2:

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Usually you build the class around a star q.b. or another star player or two. It seems our 2020 pitch will be “Dude, have you seen our class already?”

download (6).jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Commitment: we got a blue chip LB commitment for a 2020 LB out of Alabama. Demouy Kennedy. Kid is big and strong. Mikey, we are killing it on the LB front. Our 2020 class is now #5. E will most likely write this up tomorrow. He is busy today! War Eagle!

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/07/auburn_in_top_3_for_4-star_cor.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Auburn in top 3 for 4-star cornerback Adonis Otey, who will decide this week

Updated Posted 

Auburn is in the top three for 4-star 2019 cornerback Adonis Otey. (James Crepea/jcrepea@al.com)

Auburn is in the top three for 4-star 2019 cornerback Adonis Otey, who plans to announce his commitment on Wednesday.

Following his second visit to Auburn in as many months, Otey said Auburn, Louisville and Arkansas are his top three schools.

"I've seen everything I wanted to see," Otey said. "I met the coaches and see how they are."

Otey said he got to meet with all of Auburn's defensive coaches and Gus Malzahn over the weekend. Auburn is recruiting the 6-foot, 180-pound Otey to play either corner or star.

Auburn already has commitments from corners Cordale Flott and Jaylin Simpsonand safety Jashawn Sheffield for this year's class, but could lose multiple corners after the season if Javaris Davis and Jamel Dean were to go to the NFL.

Otey said seeing where he fits and the atmosphere of a program will be the major factors in his decision.

"Being with coaches that love me as a family member and a place that I feel at home," he said.

Otey also visited Auburn for a camp last month.

"I enjoyed myself both times coming here," he said. "I just loved it."

He called Louisville a "great city" where the university is a focal point and center of attention and Arkansas an "up and coming" team where he has a good relationship with the coaching staff.

The Murfreesboro, Tenn. native plans to commit Wednesday afternoon and take an official visit to that school during the season.

Edited by toddc

20 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Gotta love this!!!!!!

This is what a committed player looks like.

• Like 2

Flott is gone to corndogville!

29 minutes ago, toddc said:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/07/auburn_in_top_3_for_4-star_cor.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Auburn in top 3 for 4-star cornerback Adonis Otey, who will decide this week

Updated Posted 

Auburn is in the top three for 4-star 2019 cornerback Adonis Otey. (James Crepea/jcrepea@al.com)

Auburn is in the top three for 4-star 2019 cornerback Adonis Otey, who plans to announce his commitment on Wednesday.

Following his second visit to Auburn in as many months, Otey said Auburn, Louisville and Arkansas are his top three schools.

"I've seen everything I wanted to see," Otey said. "I met the coaches and see how they are."

Otey said he got to meet with all of Auburn's defensive coaches and Gus Malzahn over the weekend. Auburn is recruiting the 6-foot, 180-pound Otey to play either corner or star.

Auburn already has commitments from corners Cordale Flott and Jaylin Simpsonand safety Jashawn Sheffield for this year's class, but could lose multiple corners after the season if Javaris Davis and Jamel Dean were to go to the NFL.

Otey said seeing where he fits and the atmosphere of a program will be the major factors in his decision.

"Being with coaches that love me as a family member and a place that I feel at home," he said.

Otey also visited Auburn for a camp last month.

"I enjoyed myself both times coming here," he said. "I just loved it."

He called Louisville a "great city" where the university is a focal point and center of attention and Arkansas an "up and coming" team where he has a good relationship with the coaching staff.

The Murfreesboro, Tenn. native plans to commit Wednesday afternoon and take an official visit to that school during the season.

Gotta like our chances for sure. Arky, Louisville are lesser schools, and we should be the team to beat.

Booth, Puckett and Pritchett seems to be the pecking order (correct me if I am wrong) so where does Otey fit into this scenario if he is to decide next week?

I couldn’t find a thread on him, so I just posted it here! Too bad @ellitor is at work tonight and can’t enlighten us on where he is on our board.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Otey announcing a commit this week may be a play by him to see if our coaches want to accept it or not. 

Or he sees the ship filling up and hopes to get a seat

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Or he sees the ship filling up and hopes to get a seat

Nice!

11 hours ago, toddc said:

I couldn’t find a thread on him, so I just posted it here! Too bad @ellitor is at work tonight and can’t enlighten us on where he is on our board.

SIAP he is not a take. That’s why there’s no thread on him. He’s tried to commit once before today and maybe twice by now.  He camped At Auburn. The staff wasn’t thrilled with his top end speed for a CB.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

where does Otey fit into this scenario if he is to decide next week?

He doesn’t right now.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

C.J. Mosely's School. Have we ever got a kid from Theodore before for football?

Not on scholarship in a very long time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Commitment: we got a blue chip LB commitment for a 2020 LB out of Alabama. Demouy Kennedy. Kid is big and strong. Mikey, we are killing it on the LB front. Our 2020 class is now #5. E will most likely write this up tomorrow. He is busy today! War Eagle!

I won't think much about the 2020 class until after February of '19. Right now, the 2019 targets that aren't here this weekend are my main concern. Without bothering to type  names, I can think of two RB's, two LB's and two OL's that are conspicuous by their absence. I'm thinking if we really were in good shape with those guys, or even seriously in the hunt they'd be in Auburn this weekend.

• Like 2

Posting stuff from Keith's real time BBQ thread from yesterday. This first one is for you @CameronCrazy.

Cam'Ron Kelly had a good visit.

-AU likes him at CB

-Hopes to return for a game.

-AU is trying to get his final OV --- not a sure thing. Only has one OV left.

-Decision sometime this fall -- October or earlier.

-Former VT commit.

2020 RB Roydell Williams just finished up his visit.

Loves RB coach Tim Horton. Says AU is recruiting him the hardest but Bama also is recruiting him hard.

Says AU calls him the top RB target for 2020.

Decision could come after his junior season.

No leaders, but it's clear Auburn and Bama are the two to watch.

No commitment from Pritchett today .... says he might do something in the next week or two.

5-star TE in the 2020 class, Arik Gilbert of Marietta (Ga.), says AU impressed him today and certainly can be a factor.

He plans on returning for a game/games in the fall.

First time at AU. Liked what he saw and heard.

Owen...said there are silent commits for AU.

2020 WR EJ Williams says Auburn leads still ....

No flip from L. Cox (right now), the Vols commit.

Said the visit went well, though. Plans to come back for a game.

Kobe Hudson, the 2020 WR commit, predicts AU will land 2020 receiver EJ Williams of Phenix City (Ala.) Central.

Thinks it will happen "soon."

Lastly from the thread AU offered 2020 defensive tackle Damarjhe Lewis of Griffin (Ga.)

• Thanks 1