End of July Recruit BBQ

ellitor

I'm pretty sure #1 juco CB is Eljah Blades. Just committed to Oregon over Bama, Florida

Edited by ellitor

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I'm pretty sure #1 juco CB is Eljah Blades. Just committed to Oregon over Bama, Florida

Good call. I just saw a reporter say Miller was the #1 juco CB so I reposted without back checking the reporter.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Good call. I just saw a reporter say Miller was the #1 juco CB so I reposted without back checking the reporter.

No prob. I think I just remember that because he just committed. Oregon and LSU are killing it with the CB recruits though. 

Edited by Randman5000

18 hours ago, Mikey said:

I won't think much about the 2020 class until after February of '19. Right now, the 2019 targets that aren't here this weekend are my main concern. Without bothering to type  names, I can think of two RB's, two LB's and two OL's that are conspicuous by their absence. I'm thinking if we really were in good shape with those guys, or even seriously in the hunt they'd be in Auburn this weekend.

Who?

So, Auburn was too far away from B'ham for George Pickens to make it down? I'd feel better about his commitment had he managed to cover those tough 100 miles to be with future teammates and help sell prospects on Auburn.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

So, Auburn was too far away from B'ham for George Pickens to make it down? I'd feel better about his commitment had he managed to cover those tough 100 miles to be with future teammates and help sell prospects on Auburn.

Pickens was in AU earlier in the week. But people I talk to say he is listening to other schools. Going to be a battle. uat and FSU are made some strides on him the past couple of months. 

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pickens was in AU earlier in the week. But people I talk to say he is listening to other schools. Going to be a battle. uat and FSU are made some strides on him the past couple of months. 

That's what I was afraid of. He's never seemed fully invested in Auburn.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

WDE, is there ANY good news right now???

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

uat lock. Isn't even close. Kid is damn player too. 

Thank you for the wet blanket.  LOL.  I guess it's better that I lose hope now rather than later.

Maybe we can get one of Roydell's brothers, there is Odell, Newdell, & Newgene, and they like to hunt possum at nite, 

but they are amazing athletes...……………………….so just shoot up here amongst us, one of us has to have some relief ….J Clower

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The lack of big time targets at this event was alarming. Guys considered “leans” even went somewhere else. How hard did the coaching staff push guys like Hall & Puckett to come to our event? It didn’t seem like we put a priority on this even like we did Big Cat Weekend. And now most (if not all) of the momentum that we had from Big Cat Weekend is gone. 

Auburn’s inability to get Booth on campus for our cookout cost us a 5* commit. I just wonder how hard we pushed him to choose ours over theirs?

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

And now most (if not all) of the momentum that we had from Big Cat Weekend is gone. 

Auburn’s inability to get Booth on campus for our cookout cost us a 5* commit. I just wonder how hard we pushed him to choose ours over theirs?

Wrong on the momentum part! We still lead for every guy we have led with for the past two months, Except for Booth who Cllemson took the lead back on June 9 right after big cat. And we’re getting 4-5 commits this month. Your endless melts are old, tiring, and stale And most are not in reality.

Also as I just stated Booth not coming to the cookout didn’t cost us. We lost him the week after big cat when he visited Clemson right after us just before the dead period. The only thing that wasn’t clinched was his sister and Clemson clinched her last Friday. For the record, we pushed as hard as possible to get him to our cookout but he had already made his mind up for Clemson in mid June. Unfortunately the info didn’t  get to us till recently.  Auburn people thought it was a 50-50 battle. What the 50-50 battle was whether Booth was going to commit at Clemson’s cookout or not.

Edited by ellitor

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Wrong on the momentum part! We still lead for every guy we have led with for the past two months, Except for Booth who Cllemson took the lead back on June 9 right after big cat. And we’re getting 4-5 commits this month. Your endless melts are old, tiring, and stale And most are not in reality.

Also as I just stated Booth not coming to the cookout didn’t cost us. We lost him the week after big cat when he visited Clemson right after us just before the dead period. The only thing that wasn’t clinched was his sister and Clemson clinched her last Friday. For the record, we pushed as hard as possible to get him to our cookout but he had already made his mind up for Clemson in mid June. Unfortunately the info didn’t  get to us till recently.  Auburn people thought it was a 50-50 battle. What the 50-50 battle was whether Booth was going to commit at Clemson’s cookout or not.

I disagree on the momentum- multiple sources predicted that we would flip Charles Moore & Trezmen Marshall after Big Cat Weekend. That has not and does not look like it will happen. We also made significant strides with Noah Cain during that weekend that have since gone backward in that relationship.

Thank you for clarifying the Booth situation. I have not seen that information anywhere else. Within the past 2 weeks all indications from Auburn, UGA, & South Carolina sources were that Booth was leaning Auburn.