2020 4* LB Demouy Kennedy

WFE12

3/9/19 Update: Decommitted from AU

• Commited to AU  at the  end of summer Recruiting Cookout event, 7/28/18
  • 12 offers+ - Major offers - AU, Bama, UGA, LSU, Ole Miss and Texas A&M
  •  Kennedy is rated as the No. 15 outside linebacker in the 2020 class, the No. 9 player in Alabama and the 228th-ranked player in the country.

"I really like how they run their program, just how the coaches, they have high energy, they coach well," Kennedy said.

Kennedy chose Auburn over offers from Alabama and Ole Miss. The rising junior, who grew up an Alabama fan, cited his strong relationship with linebackers coach Travis Williams as well as how he feels Auburn can "prepare you for life" as reasons he chose the Tigers over the Tide and Rebels.

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/07/4-star_2020_linebacker_demouy.html#incart_river_index

DjOQnvAUcAANFs-.jpg

DjOQnvAV4AEZwpV.jpg

DjOQnuCVAAA6Pul.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-star 2020 linebacker Demouy Kennedy commits to Auburn
Updated 4:39 PM; Posted 4:23 PM

Theodore linebacker Demouy Kennedy (32) returns an interception for a touchdown against LeFlore in the first half of a spring football game May 9, 2018, at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile. Kennedy committed to Auburn on Saturday after the Tigers' end-of-summer recruiting cookout. (Mike Kittrell/preps@al.com)

By Tom Green tgreen@al.com
Auburn grabbed its fourth commit of the 2020 class on Saturday.

Four-star linebacker Demouy Kennedy out of Theodore committed to the Tigers while on campus for Auburn's end-of-summer recruiting cookout. Kennedy is rated as the No. 15 outside linebacker in the 2020 class, the No. 9 player in Alabama and the 228th-ranked player in the country.

"I really like how they run their program, just how the coaches, they have high energy, they coach well," Kennedy said.

The 6-foot-2, 204-pound Kennedy is the second linebacker to join the class, as four-star Jackson-Olin outside linebacker Quandarrius Robinson committed to the program earlier this month. Kennedy joins Robinson, as well as wide receiver Kobe Hudson and defensive end Andy Boykin, both four-star prospects, as members of Auburn's 2020 class.

Wow we may have the 2020 class full before the 2019.Welcome to the family DK.:wareagle::wareagle::wareagle::wareagle: T-Will doing the work.

Kid is a serious player! Awesome get. It will get posted but do yourselfs a favor and watch his HUDL highlights, remembering that it is just his sophomore year. Crazy!

10 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

watch his HUDL highlights, remembering that it is just his sophomore year. Crazy!

Yup! I like this cat! Bobcat that is.

You know it's solid when they commit to The University of Auburn.

War Tiger, Go Eagles!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

You know it's solid when they commit to The University of Auburn.

War Tiger, Go Eagles!

yeah Pat Dye started that....turned out pretty well IMO; I'll take it every time.

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

yeah Pat Dye started that

I didn't know that & not sure all the AU fans who get their panties twisted about it knew it either. If Pat can do it, anyone can.

9 minutes ago, Beaker said:

yeah Pat Dye started that....turned out pretty well IMO; I'll take every time.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I didn't know that & not sure all the AU fans who get their panties twisted about it knew it either. If Pat can do it, anyone can.

My post was obviously tongue in cheek but I seriously can't recall anybody who said University of Auburn to back out of a commitment.

Yes, Pat Dye seems to get a bad rap by those too young to remember the 80's but I agree with you....he gets a pass for many things in my book.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah, more tech savvy people can find it easier than I can:  it was the at the presser when he was hired.   

Welcome aboard and War Eagle. The D is starting out strong in the 2010 class. 2 LB and a DE plus one WR.  I love that we are doing so well this early now lets start seeing some progress on the O-Line.

15 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Welcome aboard and War Eagle. The D is starting out strong in the 2010 class. 2 LB and a DE plus one WR.  I love that we are doing so well this early now lets start seeing some progress on the O-Line.

While 2020 is looking great I'm getting concerned about 2019. Several targets seem to be slip-sliding away.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

While 2020 is looking great I'm getting concerned about 2019. Several targets seem to be slip-sliding away.

Feels like AU and the staff are focused more on the 2020 class to me. Is that just me? 

They have a pretty good 2019 class so far. Need a couple more lab's, a rb, couple more ol, and finish up the strong db class. I am not sure they will get the ol guys but they already have 2 lb's in 2020 class and they have options at rb. At minimum we need one more lb.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Feels like AU and the staff are focused more on the 2020 class to me. Is that just me? 

That would be very, very disappointing.

On 7/30/2018 at 10:45 AM, Mikey said:

That would be very, very disappointing.

I don’t think it’s the case but we definitely haven’t had much momentum lately with the 2019 class.

Looking at who we might be closing on soon, they aren’t necessarily as big “BOOMS” as some of us were hyped up to get. However, it seems that there is a massive disparity between some of the rankings and our staffs evaluations.

3 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

I think that's a bit premature. 

I don't think it's happening either. I think since we didn't get some of our top 2019 targets in for the only open weekend where every team has an event in Summer I think the staff made the best of the situation by getting some of their top 2020 targets in.

• bigbird unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived