2020 4* LB Demouy Kennedy

WFE12

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What is it then? 

Just being straightforward if you ask me. Maybe Auburn really did have a plan for him at DT and a backup plan if it didn’t work. Auburn could’ve said nothing, signed him, and then moved him. IMO that is when you screw the kids over. Prince Tega didn’t work out on the DL and can still make it to the NFL.

Sounds like McGill is saying no thanks to any college exposure provided by Auburn.

BTW( LSU signed an underrated 3* linebacker out of Mobile this class as well. Those sneaky pickups mean more than just the face value target by itself. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Just being straightforward if you ask me. Maybe Auburn really did have a plan for him at DT and a backup plan if it didn’t work. Auburn could’ve said nothing, signed him, and then moved him. IMO that is when you screw the kids over. Prince Tega didn’t work out on the DL and can still make it to the NFL.

Sounds like McGill is saying no thanks to any college exposure provided by Auburn.

BTW( LSU signed an underrated 3* linebacker out of Mobile this class as well. Those sneaky pickups mean more than just the face value target by itself. 

Here is the thing, AU was not being straightforward to Cox. They were telling him that he was not going to be moved. For months. Then at the last second tell one of his coaches that he could be moved to OL if it didn't work out at DL. Cox would not have considered AU at all knowing this and AU was well aware of this. McGill isn't saying no to anything with AU. Just the rep is AU is not very honest in the Mobile area and will tell people(kids, parents, admins & coaches) any thing just to get them to shut up or sign.  Disingenuous is the word. 

Would have served all if AU would have been straightforward  from the beginning. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Here is the thing, AU was not being straightforward to Cox. They were telling him that he was not going to be moved. For months. Then at the last second tell one of his coaches that he could be moved to OL if it didn't work out at DL. Cox would not have considered AU at all knowing this and AU was well aware of this. McGill isn't saying no to anything with AU. Just the rep is AU is not very honest in the Mobile area and will tell people(kids, parents, admins & coaches) any thing just to get them to shut up or sign.  Disingenuous is the word. 

Would have served all if AU would have been straightforward  from the beginning. 

What's our track record w/ Mobile kids once they come to AU?  Have we really screwed anyone over?  If Cox found out about the plan AFTER NSD...that's screwing him over.  He still had options at that point.

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Do you think they changed their opinion of where Cox would play once Moore was sounding more and more of a sure thing?  So there was no enough room now?

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What's our track record w/ Mobile kids once they come to AU?  Have we really screwed anyone over?  If Cox found out about the plan AFTER NSD...that's screwing him over.  He still had options at that point.

Yall are all right. Nothing to see here. Don't worry about it. Mobile is a bama town anyways. AU doesn't need the players. I making this all up anyways. 

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

If anything we screwed ourselves over by not sticking to the recruiting pitch.

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

McGill isn't saying no to anything with AU. 

In the NSD thread you said we would stop recruiting McGill. Explain?

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Do you think they changed their opinion of where Cox would play once Moore was sounding more and more of a sure thing?  So there was no enough room now?

Moore was in. Had been for a couple months. The staff knew. Woodson and Garner had that one wrapped up. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

In the NSD thread you said we would stop recruiting McGill. Explain?

Said good luck getting another kid from McGill. 

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Said good luck getting another kid from McGill. 

Hope they like sending players to Faulkner and USA. God forbid there be a backup plan.

As for Mcgill’s Coach, I found it odd that he announced Cox’s decision for Cox on NSD. Does that strike you as odd? 

22 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hope they like sending players to Faulkner and USA. God forbid there be a backup plan.

As for Mcgill’s Coach, I found it odd that he announced Cox’s decision for Cox on NSD. Does that strike you as odd? 

You don't have any idea on what you are saying. That's OK. They do send kids to both places by the way. 

4 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yall are all right. Nothing to see here. Don't worry about it. Mobile is a bama town anyways. AU doesn't need the players. I making this all up anyways. 

I believe you but Bama can literally yank the rug out under from a kid in Mobile at the last minute in Darius Philon where on stage he is brought to tears that he cannot sign with Alabama and would of had to gray shirt so he had to go to Arkansas instead BUT WE ARE THE SHADY ONES?! And it is all gucci for Bama in Mobile? I mean damn what they did was a whole lot worse. 

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You don't have any idea on what you are saying. That's OK. They do send kids to both places by the way. 

I know what I’m saying. 

And yes they do send players to those places. Hence why I said it. Ole Miss, Faulkner, and USA are the only colleges that signed McGill players last year. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I believe you but Bama can literally yank the rug out under from a kid in Mobile at the last minute in Darius Philon where on stage he is brought to tears that he cannot sign with Alabama and would of had to gray shirt so he had to go to Arkansas instead BUT WE ARE THE SHADY ONES?! And it is all gucci for Bama in Mobile? I mean damn what they did was a whole lot worse. 

I agree, but when you’re the biggest dog in CFB, you can get away with a lot of ____

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You beat me to it @GwillMac6   

The “Mobile Crisis” isn’t as much about us being shady as it is us trying to recruit in banner territory.   The dark side can get away with anything because they are the dark empire, but AU words and actions can be twisted and vilified regardless of how close or far from the truth it may be.

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

The “Mobile Crisis” isn’t as much about us being shady as it is us trying to recruit in banner territory.   The dark side can get away with anything because they are the dark empire, but AU words and actions can be twisted and vilified regardless of how close or far from the truth it may be.

Thing is though, LSU is the one that's been getting most of the Mobile recruits.

Listen to WDE on all things Mobile area info guys. He's more plugged in & in ways there than any of us realize.

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well situation down there for Bama doesn't equal our numerous gaffs. We had one assistant have to be taken off the territory for alienating all the coaches down there & have had numerous blunders like the Cox sitch.

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Things is though, LSU is the one that's been getting most of the Mobile recruits.

And that actually makes sense. 

But like you said in your subsequent post, that doesn't mean we don't keep screwing it up. 

20 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Philon? You mean the kid that committed to AU then switched to bama? Can't switch sides like that and expect outrage thru the coaching community. Epically when bama was upfront with him about the offer. The kid took a chance a spot would be open at bama and got burned. Nothing like what I'm talking about. 

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

You beat me to it @GwillMac6   

Do you have any idea how many AU people are here in the Mobile area coaching? It's not as bama as you think it is. Not at all. 

It feels like we have always struggled in Mobile, at least since I started on this board in 2011. It's hard for me to understand. If we have good reputations/success in other areas, we ought to be able to take that blueprint and replicate it anywhere else. Is there something unique about Mobile that makes this difficult?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Things is though, LSU is the one that's been getting most of the Mobile recruits.

Listen to WDE on all things Mobile area info guys. Hee's more plugged in & in ways there than any of us realize.

LSU offered and signed a 3*  linebacker from Mobile. We could’ve offered him and got a pipeline going but didn’t.

21 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Exactly, assuming we did actually want to sign Cox.

If being honest now consists of screwing someone over the world is in worse shape than I thought it was. It's normal for kids get a crack at their preferred position and then if that doesn't work out they get moved.  Nobody is ever guaranteed a certain position for their 4/5 years of college.

If "you could be moved if defense doesn't work out for you" was enough to scare Cox away, he didn't want to come to Auburn very much at all. The coach's involvement in this seems odd at best too.

Certain people have been working very hard to damage Auburn if this event can be turned into a case of AU screwing over some kid because clearly that's not what happened.

37 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It feels like we have always struggled in Mobile, at least since I started on this board in 2011. It's hard for me to understand. If we have good reputations/success in other areas, we ought to be able to take that blueprint and replicate it anywhere else. Is there something unique about Mobile that makes this difficult?

We did well there back when Joe Whitt, Sr. was our area recruiter. In Mobile, you have a location where not only UAT but FSU and LSU are close enough to be very active. Then there's a strong "anywhere but Auburn" presence in the general population. Look how this current subject, in which AU was honest with a kid, has been contorted into AU screwing him over.

I'm still wondering how all this relates to Demouy?  That was my original question.  How are Cox and Demouy related?  What have we done to screw ourselves with Demouy?  Not rhetorical AT ALL.

2 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I'm still wondering how all this relates to Demouy?  That was my original question.  How are Cox and Demouy related?  What have we done to screw ourselves with Demouy?  Not rhetorical AT ALL.

I think the association is that they are both from the Mobile area.

Archived