2019 4* PG Tyrell "Turbo" Jones Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

PG AU got on early who is having a great summer
May be the #1 PG target for the class
All schools in below pic through Xavier have offered
Nickname is Turbo

image.png

• Thanks 1

TYRELL JONES IS A BAD DUDE

For whatever reason, we hadn't gotten a good enough look at 2019 point guard Tyrell Jones to truly consider the three-star prospect for the Rivals150. That's on us and that is changing in a big way this week.

Because watching him play, all I can think is that he's a bad dude and certainly somebody who deserves serious consideration for the rankings.

The Showtime Ballers guard is fast, he's confident, he can drill a shot and man does he play with some serious toughness.

College coaches are jumping on the bandwagon too. Auburn, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Xavier, Ole Miss, Clemson, Buffalo, Houston, Wichita State, Mississippi State, Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, St. Louis and several others have jumped into his recruitment and I can't blame them.

So, I asked Jones what he does that has schools going so crazy over him and he kept it pretty simple.

"I run the pick and roll, I'm fast and I get my teammates involved," said Jones. "I shoot the ball, I'm tough and I always play hard."

Jones told me that he will need some time after July to sort things out and come up with an actual list but he did tell me that Auburn stands out as one team who will make any list he comes up with. So, it shouldn't be a surprise that Bruce Pearl and an assistant were watching. Among the others that I was able to spot watching his floor and presumably taking a look at Jones included Florida, Tennessee, VCU, Xavier, Georgia, Arizona State, SMU and Mississippi State just to name a few.

Las Vegas: The Bossi Awards

STOCK BOOSTER - Tyrell Jones

An unranked three-star prospect headed into the final live period, Tyrell Jones will absolutely be ranked in the next edition of 2019 rankings. The point guard has maybe the most appropriate nickname, Turbo, of any player in the senior class because he can turn on the jets and plays with a level of speed that puts him in a class by himself. Jones can also lock you up defensively and is a dangerous jump shooter with range. He racked up double digit offers during the month of July with the latest coming from Louisville, Georgia and Minnesota due to his play in Las Vegas with the Showtime Ballers.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Jared Harper 2.0. I like it.

Jared Harper 2.0 + 3". He looks good though....i'd be totally fine with him being our PG in this class

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

What are our chances? 

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Oh lord here it comes.....

48 minutes ago, KC Shiver said:

50-50

9 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

And there it is

You did it, guys. You achieved Peak AUF. Well done, everyone. That was really a moment. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You did it, guys. You achieved Peak AUF. Well done, everyone. That was really a moment. 

bird is proud

• Love 1

10 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

What are our chances? 

Read the article blurbs in the second post.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And from an apparent long time lurker in @KC Shiver too...

FavorableInsecureFiddlercrab.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KC Shiver said:

BEF56666-9FAA-4FFD-AABF-F87DE31155F5.jpeg

The gif was about the impressive most impressive quote. The Vader light saber strike just happened to be part of the scene 

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, gravejd said:

Jared Harper 2.0 + 3". He looks good though....i'd be totally fine with him being our PG in this class

QUICK.....left jockey straps all over the place in that demo video.....though I guess the current term is "broke ankles"....

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

Read the article blurbs in the second post.

Thanks E

• Like 1

On 7/31/2018 at 4:47 PM, jared52 said:

Jared Harper 2.0. I like it.

Reminds me more of Davion Mitchell's game FWIW. Comparable on D but maybe Turbo the better outside shooter.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2018 at 7:38 PM, ellitor said:

Reminds me more of Davion Mitchell's game FWIW. Comparable on D but maybe Turbo the better outside shooter.

He would be a great pickup. I thought Davion Mitchell had a great future here. Of the players we lost I think Mitchell may hurt us the most as he was a valuable PG who I think would have blossomed this year. We need a solid PG in this class and the next one ideally.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He would be a great pickup. I thought Davion Mitchell had a great future here. Of the players we lost I think Mitchell may hurt us the most as he was a valuable PG who I think would have blossomed this year. We need a solid PG in this class and the next one ideally.

Agreed. One potential hole in our roster right now is how productive our 2nd unit PG will be. We only need 10-12 minutes from Mccormick but hopefully he keeps things steady for us and also buys into his role.

One key to our success last year was how everyone had each other's back regardless of what they were asked to do for the team. 

Edited by Tiger

• 2 months later...

really really want this kid but I think he's worried about early PT otherwise it sounds like he would've already committed. Gotta think it's gonna be a tough pull with him since we most likely return both Harper nad Mccormick for the 2019 season.

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

really really want this kid but I think he's worried about early PT otherwise it sounds like he would've already committed. Gotta think it's gonna be a tough pull with him since we most likely return both Harper nad Mccormick for the 2019 season.

Actually AU leads & has for a long time. Since before CWF became an AU assistant & he was TJ's lead recruiter for UALR before TJ became a big time recruit. TJ never planned to be committed by now for any team. He had always planned to commit in the late signing period in April. If that changes it looks ever better for AU's chances.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually AU leads & has for a long time. Since before CWF became an AU assistant & he was TJ's lead recruiter for UALR before TJ became a big time recruit. TJ never planned to be committed by now for any team. He had always planned to commit in the late signing period in April. If that changes it looks ever better for AU's chances.

I’m a really big fan of the kid’s game and think AU is the favorite but I can foresee a scenario where he goes somewhere else for early PT.  AU has the potential to be pretty stacked with upperclassmen guards in 2019. Harper, McCormick, Doughty, and Jamal Johnson could have the 1 and 2 on lockdown that year