2019 4* PG Tyrell "Turbo" Jones Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

4 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I’m a really big fan of the kid’s game and think AU is the favorite but I can foresee a scenario where he goes somewhere else for early PT.  AU has the potential to be pretty stacked with upperclassmen guards in 2019. Harper, McCormick, Doughty, and Jamal Johnson could have the 1 and 2 on lockdown that year

That’s just one year. And Turbo is a point man. That would only be stacked one year at most. Also there are rumblings Harper will give serious consideration to turning pro after this season if he has another repeat of last season‘s performance.  Even if Jared does return after this season the 2 PGs for next season will both be SRs. If Turbo comes to AU & develops he will have a big leg up on PT in his 2nd year as a Soph or RS Freshman. Playing time should not be a concern for turbo and Auburn, no more so than any other contenner he is considering. Doughty & Johnson are 2s.

Edited by ellitor
Added input
  • Like 1

word on the street is that young stud mister Tyrell will be committing in t minus 15 minutes to the good guys. Praise Bruce. LEgggggggggggggggoooooooooooooo. So in love with the direction of the bball program. Think this youngster has a chance to be a star.

42 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

word on the street is that young stud mister Tyrell will be committing in t minus 15 minutes

Really odd statement. Where did you get that exact of a time on a commitment?

Edited by ellitor

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 4* PG Tyrell "Turbo" Jones Commits to AU!!!
  • ellitor pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Gene Loblaw said:

praise be unto Bruce

Don't forget Coach Flanigan. He was on Turbo as early as anyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Don't forget Coach Flanigan. He was on Turbo as early as anyone.

true that. I'm just excited. Guess I was a pessimist. I'm just happy that this kid's coming to AU. Total stud imo. He'll climb up hte rankings into into the top 60 ish.

3 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

He'll climb up hte rankings into into the top 60 ish.

Agreed if his SR year compliments his recent Summer work.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

I'll never get used to having these type players commit to AU. It's like a dream world. Bruce is all I hoped he would be and then some.

• Like 1

What a job this Auburn basketball staff has done from a recruiting standpoint. Tyrell "Turbo" Jones is a guy that they really wanted and targeted before any other high majors. They were there first and it paid off for them.

Jones is a fast/quick, tough combo guard. He can really score the ball. Plays with energy on both sides of the ball. Now he has some wild tendencies, but he's going to be a very good player at Auburn.

Really like this class that Bruce Pearl and company have put together, especially considering what they've been through the last year with Chuck, etc.

From a 247 basketball recruiting analyst.

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Will be interesting to see where he plays next year IF Jared Harper comes back. Regardless, I'm super excited for his future at AU. Love the way he pushes the ball up the floor. Looks like a Davion Mitchell clone but a better shooter

9 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Will be interesting to see where he plays next year IF Jared Harper comes back. Regardless, I'm super excited for his future at AU. Love the way he pushes the ball up the floor. Looks like a Davion Mitchell clone but a better shooter

You think Jared's coming back?

9 hours ago, AUGoo said:

You think Jared's coming back?

I’d say it’s 50/50. It’s obvious that he wants to go pro, but I still wonder what type of legit opportunity he’s gonna get just bc of his size. 

I think he has a lot of things to consider before declaring. Whether it’s getting his degree or just the appeal of coming back another year, winning, and becoming a legit AU b-ball legend. I wonder how much that appeals to him? Bc his best case scenario is getting drafted in the 2nd rd, and there’s little to no guaranteed money there. Might as well stick around another year, get your degree, solidify yourself as anAU legend, and maybe win another SEC title/deep tourney run then go hack it in the g league for 40k