** Nip Watch 2018 ** Called-8/22 2215

WarTim

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, WarTim said:

Low 70’s in east central Al this morning. Slight breeze. Chance of showers. Nice!

Cloudy, thunder showers, worst of all no sea breeze on the Emerald Coast for the past few days. Not a " Nip" day lately.

Heard the AU band sounds wafting across campus on Friday, then called first high school game Friday night and the temps were reasonable, not a normal August Friday night heat wave - got to be getting closer....

Every year, about this time of year, a nasty, disease infested creature comes into my yard at night.  ARMADILLOS!!!  As much as I hate dealing with them, I do get a little excited because I know football season is near.

PS... my husband killed one last night!!

Wednesday we had our first day in the 90s this summer.....dang....thought the temp was going the other way..

...but was in the middle 70s last night for our HS game which was good for the players.  I always worry when they start playing in middle August....sometimes conditions are brutal but nice last night for game 1.  So maybe the nip is on the way.....

With my current health condition, we are feeling the need to be close to family.  If the Docs agree we are going to take my treatment plan and move to Knoxville, TN, where my wife is from and we'll have TONS of family around for help and support.  Also, as my family are in Ft. Payne, AL, they will only be 3 hrs away instead of 12!!!  

The prospect of leaving the hot & humid climate of SW Fla (which I have never loved TBH) for the TN hills and ACTUAL SEASONS....sweaters, fireplaces, fall leaves....

The nip has finally arrived ?

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Heat index 106-108...

Bundle up out there. Don't want to catch cold.

23 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

With my current health condition, we are feeling the need to be close to family.  If the Docs agree we are going to take my treatment plan and move to Knoxville, TN, where my wife is from and we'll have TONS of family around for help and support.  Also, as my family are in Ft. Payne, AL, they will only be 3 hrs away instead of 12!!!  

The prospect of leaving the hot & humid climate of SW Fla (which I have never loved TBH) for the TN hills and ACTUAL SEASONS....sweaters, fireplaces, fall leaves....

Sorry about the reason that makes the move necessary but as you note, there is a silver lining ….though pretty small since you will now be surrounded by UT fans and have "rocky top" blasted at you all day on football Saturdays......and not sure if that is better than 98degrees and 98% humidity....but perhaps it could be....but having family closer.....that's a winner for sure.   Prayers for you brother....

27 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

All in all,

Cool!

Get well, soon.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Sorry about the reason that makes the move necessary but as you note, there is a silver lining ….though pretty small since you will now be surrounded by UT fans and have "rocky top" blasted at you all day on football Saturdays......and not sure if that is better than 98degrees and 98% humidity....but perhaps it could be....but having family closer.....that's a winner for sure.   Prayers for you brother....

Yes, I hate that it took me getting sick to get me out of this state, but I'll take it, haha!!

The good news as far as Rocky Top, I've mentioned before that I actually have no problem with UT and they're basically my "2nd favorite" team anyway because of the family up there are such good people.  They love their Vols but don't really seem to "hate" anybody but bammer and maybe UF a bit (they still hate bammer more).  And the times I've been to Neyland Stadium, even in my AU gear, the fans are still nice to me....So they can't be all bad!!

Seriously though, I am SO looking forward to a genuine Autumn and cool, crisp air.  Heck, that alone may cure me!!!!!!

Thank you, as always, for the prayers brother!!!

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Good luck with the move and treatment. Post the good news about your recovery as it comes in!

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Heat index 106-108...

Getting closer ?

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, I hate that it took me getting sick to get me out of this state, but I'll take it, haha!!

The good news as far as Rocky Top, I've mentioned before that I actually have no problem with UT and they're basically my "2nd favorite" team anyway because of the family up there are such good people.  They love their Vols but don't really seem to "hate" anybody but bammer and maybe UF a bit (they still hate bammer more).  And the times I've been to Neyland Stadium, even in my AU gear, the fans are still nice to me....So they can't be all bad!!

Seriously though, I am SO looking forward to a genuine Autumn and cool, crisp air.  Heck, that alone may cure me!!!!!!

Thank you, as always, for the prayers brother!!!

Sounds nice! After visiting the Smokies this summer, I could definitely handle relocating there.  Best of luck on your move and of course your treatment.  Glad you can have family nearby. 

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Heat index 106-108...

I will get to experience that this week.  Heading to the Houston office Tuesday for the day. 

I’ll be traveling to Jackson Hole, Wyoming next week. Doing some hiking, horseback riding and other touristy stuff.  The weather will be mid 70’s during the days and 38 to 43 at night.  I know the “nip” will have arrived by then, but I will definitely be feeling the true nip next week.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’ll be traveling to Jackson Hole, Wyoming next week. Doing some hiking, horseback riding and other touristy stuff.  The weather will be mid 70’s during the days and 38 to 43 at night.  I know the “nip” will have arrived by then, but I will definitely be feeling the true nip next week.

This has nothing to do with the nip. You just wanted to rub it in our faces that youre going to WY. Tell Walt Longmire I said hello ?

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Nice. Headed to Glacier National Park and parts western Montana for hiking and fly fishing later this week myself. No question the nip will have arrived out there! Can’t wait!

2 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

This has nothing to do with the nip. You just wanted to rub it in our faces that youre going to WY. Tell Walt Longmire I said hello ?

Well, you saw right through that, didn’t ya.  I am looking forward to the trip though and if I see Walt I’ll say hello. 

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, you saw right threw that, didn’t ya.  I am looking forward to the trip though and if I see Walt I’ll say hello. 

You might not find Walt but Katie is Sheriff now. 

On 8/1/2018 at 9:57 AM, Kaoz said:

Haven't seen any yellow wings yet, but I have been on the lookout.

Just saw my first yellow butterfly of the "season".

Archived