** Nip Watch 2018 ** Called-8/22 2215

WarTim

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mid 70s with COOL breeze right now in east central Al right now .......

30 minutes ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

81 degrees. Humidity 280% here in NW Florida. Who cares? Bring it on!

On the coast Mexico Beach and no "beneficial sea breeze" here or Panama City for several days. Humidity off the chart. Not time for the "Nip" Sandy. 

9 hours ago, fredst said:

Nice. Headed to Glacier National Park and parts western Montana for hiking and fly fishing later this week myself. No question the nip will have arrived out there! Can’t wait!

Get to your spots early,. Parking lots fill up daily and early.  I love GNP.  

24 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Get to your spots early,. Parking lots fill up daily and early.  I love GNP.  

The wildfires have messed us up a good bit. Lake McDonald lodge and parts of GTTS road closed?

8 minutes ago, grandpajay said:

Had a heat index of 101 in Central Florida today and my A/C  is out, don't even talk about "nip".

Our AC was out today too.

Luckily a neighbor called his AC guy who happened to be nearby and took care of us.

Now, the house is Nippy again!!

The nip grows late this year. And they say "global warming" is jibberish. ?  First HS football game rained out. Maybe next week. Not feeling so much nip here, but DragonCon is just around the corner.

I'll be in Atlanta during the game if anyone has a "spare" ticket!!

On 8/18/2018 at 12:52 PM, AUsince72 said:

With my current health condition, we are feeling the need to be close to family.  If the Docs agree we are going to take my treatment plan and move to Knoxville, TN, where my wife is from and we'll have TONS of family around for help and support.  Also, as my family are in Ft. Payne, AL, they will only be 3 hrs away instead of 12!!!  

The prospect of leaving the hot & humid climate of SW Fla (which I have never loved TBH) for the TN hills and ACTUAL SEASONS....sweaters, fireplaces, fall leaves....

The nip has finally arrived ?

From one coastal refugee to another, that sounds awesome! Let us know when the docs give you the green light. College towns have awesome beer specials...

Big storm down here last night. Elements of the nip this morning. Nothing but humid misery by lunchtime. My heart goes out to the folks with the A/Cs MIA. :(

Cool breeze and 68 this morning. IT is getting very near...

28 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Latest Nip ever?

Middle of August.?...seems pretty early for the NIP.....but we are happy to have some cool mornings these days....

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Middle of August.?...seems pretty early for the NIP.....but we are happy to have some cool mornings these days....

Yep, very mild for this time of year in this part of MS. With lower than normal humidity it's downright pleasant. Can't remember an August this nice. Not the nip yet but it's coming. 

The weather taunts us in Central Florida.   WarTim calling the Nip is a harbinger and a hope, but we wait with bated breath.

...it felt different today...could tomorrow be THE day? The anticipation is killing me!

WarTim, just so you know, there's a group of Auburn High students who are planning on having a party when you declare the Nip! I think that is pretty cool.

34 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

...it felt different today...could tomorrow be THE day? The anticipation is killing me!

WarTim, just so you know, there's a group of Auburn High students who are planning on having a party when you declare the Nip! I think that is pretty cool.

Was just enjoying the breeze this afternoon over here in Opelika. There is definitely a different feeling in the air near Auburn.

Sat outside with the wife while our kids played in the yard and it was glorious out tonight with the lack of humidity. The breeze had a nice cool feel to it.  Who would have thought that I was sweating like crazy 2 hours earlier mowing the lawn.  Maybe just maybe the Nip is on the way!

College football starts officially this weekend,  not a big marquee team mind you but it starts nonetheless.  

Saw the mini helmets in the corner of my office and thought it is about time to display them like I do every season.  NIP IS CLOSE! 

Archived