Urban Meyer's downfall?

Auburn2Eugene

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also think Gene Smith, AD, days could be numbered. Need to know Sheely Urban's wife is an employee of OSU and did not report domestic abuse under Title 9 that is huge huge no no. 

So.... What does this mean for Emmert?

I mean, didn't they prove he knew about scummy doctor at MSU?  Yet, nothing but crickets.

Seems a little hypocritical...

Normally I'd say this would blow over, but with #metoo and the Michigan State doctor and Olympic gymnasts, it may grow to more than they can control at OSU.  Teachers are definitely required to report certain things under the law, I'd guess Nurses have the same or even higher requirements to report, especially if employed by the University.  If it does get him gone, well couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

As of 1 minute ago, he is on paid administrative leave. Don't know how to post tweets or I would. 

That's step 1.

He'll be gone before the weekend, IMO.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's step 1.

He'll be gone before the weekend, IMO.

Yep OSU has no choice dumb ass thought he was being smart. If he had come out last week at the Big 10's media days and said he had screwed up he may have been able to save his job. Hate for people to lose their job but I have no tears for his smart ass

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Yep OSU has no choice dumb ass thought he was being smart. If he had come out last week at the Big 10's media days and said he had screwed up he may have been able to save his job. Hate for people to lose their job but I have no tears for his smart ass

Exactly. Not only did he try and cover things, but between he and his wife, they both failed the Title IX requirement to report.

LMAOOOO I'm smiling ear to ear that this is falling on Urbz. 

Such a surprise this is coming from a guy who recruited a dude with so much darkness in his soul that he became a serial killer... 

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

LMAOOOO I'm smiling ear to ear that this is falling on Urbz. 

Such a surprise this is coming from a guy who recruited a dude with so much darkness in his soul that he became a serial killer... 

Hernandez situation is totally different and has little (well nothing really) to do with Meyer.  As much as I hate urban meyer and think he's a douchebag, he's not at all responsible for that.

This has to scare the crap out of OSU

“if he ever got fired and this all comes out: ‘I’ll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.’ ”

Zach Smith to his wife

Just now, bigbird said:

This has to scare the crap out of OSU

“if he ever got fired and this all comes out: ‘I’ll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.’ ”

Zach Smith to his wife

Link??????????????????:poke:Couldn't happen to a better fan base

30 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Hernandez situation is totally different and has little (well nothing really) to do with Meyer.  As much as I hate urban meyer and think he's a douchebag, he's not at all responsible for that.

Was just making the most extreme example of the types of characters he brings into his programs thereby making it not a surprise that something like this would happen under his watch. 

Just to be clear I don't think any logical person says Urban is responsible for Hernandez's kill list but its pretty funny that racists, murderers, and drug kingpins, etc all have come from under the Urban umbrella. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

.has anyone visited the OSU boards yet? I'm sure they're having a good time with this

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Board/121/Contents/BREAKING-Meyer-placed-on-paid-administrative-leave-120289162/

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-state/Board/121/Contents/Zach-Smith-situation-and-Meyer-120270291/

Most think he should be gone. Rest are trying to find loopholes in the story. 

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

.has anyone visited the OSU boards yet? I'm sure they're having a good time with this

Eleven Warriors is fun right now. Go to the comments. 

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-football/2018/08/94789/urban-is-being-treated-unfairly

Archived