2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Tiger Growlin

4* PG Tyrell Jones (Signed NLI)
4* SF Isaac Okoro (Signed NLI)
4* PF Jaylin Williams (Signed NLI)
3* C Stretch AkingBola (Signed NLI)
3* SF Allen Flanigan (Signed NLI)

AUmay be done adding recruits from the high school level. If any additions are made it is expected to come from the transfer market after the season.

AU currently has the #12 class on the composite.

Edited by ellitor
Stretch Signed

http://southeasthoops.com/2018/07/31/kira-lewis-narrows-list-potential-schools/

Kira Lewis, a 5-star guard in the 2019 recruiting class, has released his final 12 schools.

The 6-3 point guard, who currently attends Hazel Green High School (AL), announced the remaining schools via Twitter on Tuesday, with five SEC schools still in the mix.

Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, and Ole Miss all remain potential landing spots for Lewis, with Kentucky being the most notable school to miss the cut after he took an unofficial visit to Lexington in June.

According to 247Sports, Lewis ranks as the No. 5 point guard and No. 26 player overall in the 2019 class.

Alabama is considered to be the front-runner to land Lewis.

Edited by ellitor
Made a 2019 Recruiting Thread & had to move some things around

• ellitor pinned and featured this topic
24 minutes ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Any indication that we (or anyone else) are close to Bama in terms of Kira Lewis’ recruitment?

He plays for my alma mater, and while I don’t talk to Kira, I really get the vibe around there that AU would be a long shot. I’d welcome a big surprise though

1 hour ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Any indication that we (or anyone else) are close to Bama in terms of Kira Lewis’ recruitment?

No. That’s one reason why this thread was created. Growlin Had started a thread on Lewis. I swapped his post with mine to make this an overall class recruiting thread.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2018 at 11:58 AM, ellitor said:

http://southeasthoops.com/2018/07/31/kira-lewis-narrows-list-potential-schools/

Kira Lewis, a 5-star guard in the 2019 recruiting class, has released his final 12 schools.

The 6-3 point guard, who currently attends Hazel Green High School (AL), announced the remaining schools via Twitter on Tuesday, with five SEC schools still in the mix.

Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, and Ole Miss all remain potential landing spots for Lewis, with Kentucky being the most notable school to miss the cut after he took an unofficial visit to Lexington in June.

According to 247Sports, Lewis ranks as the No. 5 point guard and No. 26 player overall in the 2019 class.

Alabama is considered to be the front-runner to land Lewis.

Yeah, Avery Johnson sure can recruit, can't he?  I guess he seemingly represents a direct route to the NBA, since he played and coached in the NBA.

Auburn/Pearl would be the better choice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only five replies to such an important topic. Shame on you guys.

Gotta think we're done at the three with young Flannigan and Okoro. Then all signs point to AU signing Tyrell Jones, who I think is an absolute stud, so that'll wrap up the PG position. Jaylin Williams is a nice get at the power forward spot and Akingbola is the type of athletic rim protector that he loves at the 5. Still think we're searching for another big(ish) wing and maybe a best available.

Interesting note is that Keon Johnson (a top 30 2020 recruit) is visiting this weekend on an official. His mother played for AU on the women's bball team, and I checked her twitter profile and she's still all AU. So I think we'd have a good shot with him. I find it interesting that he's taking a bunch of officials during his JR year. Possible that he reclassifies I'm guessing and joins this '19 class.

• Like 1

7PKFCJH.jpg

Seems like this thread didn't even make mention of the commitment of young Allen Flanigan. Son to current coach and former player Wes Flanigan, Allen seems like a decent prospect himself. Four year guy that's got talent and, most likely since his dad is a coach, isn't gonna bail if he doesn't get the immediate PT that most kids crave. Also wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a preferred walk on (hey just throw his a dad an extra 30k in salary) this year if Bruce can lure another highly ranked wing or if someone like keon johnson or Sharife cooper reclassify to the 19 class and want to come to AU.

On 10/11/2018 at 8:06 AM, Gene Loblaw said:

7PKFCJH.jpg

Seems like this thread didn't even make mention of the commitment of young Allen Flanigan. Son to current coach and former player Wes Flanigan, Allen seems like a decent prospect himself. Four year guy that's got talent and, most likely since his dad is a coach, isn't gonna bail if he doesn't get the immediate PT that most kids crave. Also wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a preferred walk on (hey just throw his a dad an extra 30k in salary) this year if Bruce can lure another highly ranked wing or if someone like keon johnson or Sharife cooper reclassify to the 19 class and want to come to AU. 

Usually, commits and targets just have their own thread. This thread is mostly just about the OP traking those commits and targets.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2018 at 5:52 PM, Gene Loblaw said:

Possible that he reclassifies I'm guessing and joins this '19 class.

Unlikely. NCAA just passed a rule that recruits can take 5 visits each for their JR & SR seasons so most JRs will take advantage of the extra & earlier free trips.

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

Usually, commits and targets who AU has a real shot with & recruit has been identified as a major target just have their own thread. This thread is mostly just about the OP traking those commits and targets.

FIFY

On 8/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, Tiger Growlin said:

4* PG Tyrell Jones
4* SF Isaac Okoro
4* PF Jaylin Williams
3* C Stretch AkingBola
3* SF Allen Flanigan

AUmay be done adding recruits from the high school level. If any additions are made it is expected to come from the transfer market after the season.

AU currently has the #12 class on the composite.

Isn’t Akingabola already enrolled?

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I thought Flanagin was a SG if so we have a full team with these 5 guys.

He can play the 2 or 3 like Dinbar. Also there is a bit more of a need at the 3 than the 2 after this season. We should have 2 2s returning in Doughty & Johnson & only 1 3 with Danjel. If Danjel leaves that means a much bigger need at the 3.

I’d bank on Danjel being gone as this is, as crazy as it sounds, his 4th year at AU. Probably will be graduated and ready to move on unless he gets injured.

Sounds like no more HS signees for this class but I’d wager a lot that they bring in a grad transfer forward. Someone that can play the 4 and 5 preferably. 

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I’d bank on Danjel being gone as this is, as crazy as it sounds, his 4th year at AU. Probably will be graduated and ready to move on unless he gets injured.

I wouldn't. He had to sit 2 years and played 1 year out of position at the 4. Not sure 20 games at the 3 spot will raise his stock enough to be drafted. Also it's not given he would graduate this year. He came into AU behind on his grades remember. Right now I'd say it's a toss up on him staying or going.

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Sounds like no more HS signees for this class but I’d wager a lot that they bring in a grad transfer forward. Someone that can play the 4 and 5 preferably. 

The thought is they will try to get a GT big to replace Wiley as he is expected to go.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I wouldn't. He had to sit 2 years and played 1 year out of position at the 4. Not sure 20 games at the 3 spot will raise his stock enough to be drafted. Also it's not given he would graduate this year. He came into AU behind on his grades remember. Right now I'd say it's a toss up on him staying or going.

The thought is they will try to get a GT big to replace Wiley as he is expected to go.

would love to have Danjel back but I guess I'm just a pessimist and am not expecting it.

A starting 5 of :
Harper

Doughty

Okoro

Okeke

Mac 

Still makes me so amped for 2019. That'd be a ridiculous starting 5.

• 5 weeks later...

Keith posted this update...

Auburn seems to be staggering these signings (dont ask me why), but it sounds like all of them should be on board soon.

https://auburn.247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/Commits/

Will update OP as each commits signs.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Keith posted this update...

Will update OP as each commits signs.

Weird to me I saw in the Orlando paper were Tyrell Jones had not signed with us. Got me a little worried

35 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Weird to me I saw in the Orlando paper were Tyrell Jones had not signed with us. Got me a little worried

I think it's weird too but there is precident. I have seen teams at other schools start to do it.