2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Tiger Growlin

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Giving players their own day? :dunno:

Could be but more then likely for someone like Tyrell he will not even get a mention in the Orlando paper if he were to sign say next week. The orlando paper had a entire section showing all the local BB, softball, lacrosse, swimming etc etc signing this week.

Auburn is also after this child. A Juco center that spent a year at VT. Would absolutely love to have him because the frontcourt depth could be terrifiyingly bleak next season without him. Either they're gonna sign him or get a grad transfter

Looks like he has 2 years to play 2 seasons at his next stop. Right now I'm more inclined to take a Grad transfer unless something like Stretch not able to clear NCAA clearing house happens.

Strange the early signing period has come & gone without Okoro & Stretch signing. Haven't seen any reasons given as to why.

i read on other boards that it is baseless worry and is over, but is behind a paywall....i think the team just got back around 9 this morning, or was supposed to, so maybe it will be public this afternoon...it seems no worries but we were given the "no worries" to the 3 position,also...lol

Glad there are no bad surprises with this class. Extremely important one to bridge the gap created by the lack of recruiting class last year. Hopefully it is not a complete rebuild after this season but it will be a significant one regardless

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Glad there are no bad surprises with this class. Extremely important one to bridge the gap created by the lack of recruiting class last year. Hopefully it is not a complete rebuild after this season but it will be a significant one regardless

Could be a reload if Wiley is the only non-SR to leave.

HUGE!

I think the team just wanted to get back from Hawaii & get through Thanksgiving weekend before making any announcements.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

another top 10 class

Bruce has just been a god send really, I hope Auburn has the same initiative with taking a chance to transform the program when it comes to football this offseason. Maybe BP had some sketchy moments but he's kept it all clean and has proven that taking a second chance on a guy works out. Stellar class

15 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I guess Akingbola still has to get his visa in order? He’s the only one that didn’t get an official tweet

Spoke too soon my friend...

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

another top 10 class

For now. Probably won't stay there after the April signing period. Probably end up between 12-15. Also it's our 1st ever top 10 class as things stand now.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For now. Probably won't stay there after the April signing period. Probably end up between 12-15. Also it's our 1st ever top 10 class as things stand now.

We didnt have one between signing Mustapha and Austin? I underestimated other programs' recruiting classes I suppose

i have watched video on babatunde and he is very raw, but blocking shots is like swatting flies for him....dude can get in the air....offensive prowess?.....dunk will be his main threat to score

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We didnt have one between signing Mustapha and Austin? I underestimated other programs' recruiting classes I suppose

Come April when all NLIs are in for a class, no. We finished 12th.

2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

i have watched video on babatunde and he is very raw, but blocking shots is like swatting flies for him....dude can get in the air....offensive prowess?.....dunk will be his main threat to score

yeah. Probably kind of like Mac as a freshman. But Akingbola already steps back and makes threes. I don't think he'll be asked to do that as a true frosh at AU, but he's gonna have a decent offensive game. Even Bruce in the press conference today said that he's a much better offensive player than people give him credit for.

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

au still the dark horse to land the newly reclassified #1 overall recruit in this class. Legggggoooooo

who knows what happens with that, but I'd think that as long as he takes a good long while to think about things and gets to see Auburn wreck shop in what appears to be a v top heavy conference, he'll want to add on top of that. I feel like the relative weakness of the SEC (last year seemed like an anomaly more than the rule IMO) should be a huge talking point to recruits

What was up with Bruce's initial statement of saying unless the talent is deep in a particular class we can't "just can't do well recruiting"? Then he changed it to "it's hard to".

Bruce has never had trouble bringing in talent. How much did the FBI thing affect our recruiting this cycle? Was it just me or was Bruce slightly more chill than usual during his presser when talking about the new signees?

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What was up with Bruce's initial statement of saying unless the talent is deep in a particular class we can't "just can't do well recruiting"? Then he changed it to "it's hard to".

Bruce has never had trouble bringing in talent. How much did the FBI thing affect our recruiting this cycle? Was it just me or was Bruce slightly more chill than usual during his presser when talking about the new signees?

I think he’s just sort of being honest about the perception of AU from a kid’s standpoint is right now. AU is not traditionally either a winner or a place that produces NBA players. And Bruce himself doesn’t have a big history of producing nba studs (Tobias Harris is probably his best one).

i think he’s incrementally working to change that, but he’s just saying AU is gonna have a hard time pulling in top 20 players until some things change. Jmo

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Talking 2018. Other than EJ Montgomery he didn't see much talent he liked in the class.

• Thanks 1