2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Tiger Growlin

I could see Jared leaving if they win a title  but then again I could see him stay just for his boys in the locker room. There’s really no aspect of his game I could see improving other than knowing when to drive and when to shoot...maybe ment consistency in general. Although he’s been the same in that regard now and last year

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I could see Jared leaving if they win a title  but then again I could see him stay just for his boys in the locker room. There’s really no aspect of his game I could see improving other than knowing when to drive and when to shoot...maybe ment consistency in general. Although he’s been the same in that regard now and last year

If he could get those pull up jumpers that brown was doing into his game that would make him a little more deadly driving to the basket. But other then the midrange game I agree with ya. Not much else to improve on

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gravejd said:

Jvon is no Harper but with the way he has come on I don’t think we’ll be up the creek if Harper decides to move on. I would not have said that 2 months ago

You're right, J'Von has been improving big time but losing the entire starting backcourt plus an influx of 5 freshman into the rotation possibly is likely to lead to some rocky games. Doesn't mean we can't peak at the right time but we are going to have a lottt of youth. It's going to be fun watching them grow together but there will be bumps along the way, particularly early is all I mean.

• Like 1

I don't have any expectations for next year....the time is now.

It's all about NOW - "you got one shot, one opportunity, don't miss your chance to blow"

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Which big time recruits will now be jumping on to our bandwagon?

Do BB recruits flip so much as FB recruits?     I don't really keep up with BB recruiting...

For this season we are pretty full on our  current class. Maybe the awesome season will help attract a JUCO or grad transfer big man? 

Just saw Coooer being named HS POY as a junior! I want to see him wearing Orange and Blue!

1 hour ago, tgrogan21 said:

I'd say we're looking good for 2021 and beyond now.

Is he committed to us or UK yet?   I think I read those were the two probable choices. 

Any chance he is an early enrollee?

Just finding this "basketball" stuff/ threads.   

Did anyone know there was a basketball tab on this forum?   😎    I think I will go find the Equestrian tab next.   I heard we were recruiting a horse from the blood line of Secretariat.   I bet Ellitor has a thread on that horse.    

Edited by Beaker
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Is he committed to anyone? 

Any chance he is an early enrollee?

Just finding this "basketball" stuff/ threads.   

Did anyone know there was a basketball tab on this forum?   😎    I think I will go find the Equestrian tab next.   I heard we were recruiting a horse from the blood line of Secretariat.   I bet Ellitor has a thread on that horse.    

Last I've read/heard was that he is trying to reclassify to 2019. Crystal ball predictions have it at 80% Auburn and 20% Kentucky. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Last I've read/heard was that he is trying to reclassify to 2019. Crystal ball predictions have it at 80% Auburn and 20% Kentucky. 

Thanks so much....wow I had no idea.   That is crazy news.   And exciting.  Thanks again.

How bout that horse?  Any crystal balls for the Equestrian recruits?  

6 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Thanks so much....wow I had no idea.   That is crazy news.   And exciting.  Thanks again.

Can't take too much credit, just going off of what Ellitor said back in February and what 247 has on their site. As for horses, I have no inside knowledge lol

12 hours ago, Beaker said:

Sure.  His name is Housel's Hope and the folks at our JT Vaughan Large Animal Teaching Hospital have already reached out to him and established a good relationship.  Allegedly, he's related to Secretariat on his mother's side - she being the bluest of Kentucky Blue-grass bluebloods.  His father was part bronco and comes from a long-line of scouting and bison-hunting horses.   He says he doesn't mind sharing the spotlight with an eagle, as he has always had an affinity for birds of prey.  It seems as though he's destined to come here.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Beaker said:

I think I will go find the Equestrian tab next.   I heard we were recruiting a horse from the blood line of Secretariat.   I bet Ellitor has a thread on that horse.    

Apparently, all the equestrian teams share horses when they compete...you don't even bring your horse to the event.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Apparently, all the equestrian teams share horses when they compete...you don't even bring your horse to the event.

Look at the big brain on @AUDevil, lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

chuckling, I believe you.  I don't know anything about that sport.   You might find this hard to believe, but I made that stuff up about recruiting that horse.

3 hours ago, triangletiger said:

Sure.  His name is Housel's Hope and the folks at our JT Vaughan Large Animal Teaching Hospital have already reached out to him and established a good relationship.  Allegedly, he's related to Secretariat on his mother's side - she being the bluest of Kentucky Blue-grass bluebloods.  His father was part bronco and comes from a long-line of scouting and bison-hunting horses.   He says he doesn't mind sharing the spotlight with an eagle, as he has always had an affinity for birds of prey.  It seems as though he's destined to come here.  

wow that's so exciting so is a heifer, stag or bull

On 4/2/2019 at 1:19 PM, Beaker said:

Do BB recruits flip so much as FB recruits?     I don't really keep up with BB recruiting...

Not typically.  It’s also harder to follow because basketball recruits aren’t as open with their recruitment.  Not as flashy.  

• Thanks 1

The Juco Khadim Sy - I thought I saw a while back that Ellitor said he had shown some interest in Auburn but we were 3 or 4 on his list. Does anybody know if with this run we have had if we have talked with him more and if so if his interest has picked up he is 6'9" or 10" about 240 pounds and is quite an athlete.  He is the kind of Center we need. This is not a cut on Wiley as if he can stay healthy and get into top notch shape Wiley can be an all Conference Center

Would love if all of this makes Walker Kessler consider AU a bit more. Doubtful, I know, as he's a UGA legacy but I would imagine our run has really put all of our targets on notice. The idea of a 6'10+ stretch 5 in our offense is sooo enticing to me.

After watching his highlights I keep getting a Ryan Kelly (from Duke about 4-5 years ago) vibe from him. Possibly overrated as a 5 star but the offensive fit for us could be incredible. I see he's pretty much Georgia or Tennessee at this point but who knows what a Final Four run can do for us in recruiting

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Would love if all of this makes Walker Kessler consider AU a bit more. Doubtful, I know, as he's a UGA legacy but I would imagine our run has really put all of our targets on notice. The idea of a 6'10+ stretch 5 in our offense is sooo enticing to me.

After watching his highlights I keep getting a Ryan Kelly (from Duke about 4-5 years ago) vibe from him. Possibly overrated as a 5 star but the offensive fit for us could be incredible. I see he's pretty much Georgia or Tennessee at this point but who knows what a Final Four run can do for us in recruiting

Especially a FF run for a coach like Pearl. When you give a platform like this to a personality like his, man, watch out. That dude is to college basketball coaches what Emeril Lagasse was to chefs back in the day. He's a rock star and he makes AU hoops fun and cool- in addition to good- just like he did for UT.

Obviously not saying anything that you folks don't already know better than I do. Just trying to soak it up and thinking about how much branding matters. I'd bet that the perception of Florida basketball is still different in the post-Donovan era, just like the perception of their football team is different in the post-Spurrier era (with Mullen threatening to make perception a reality, just like Meyer did.)

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 3