2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Tiger Growlin

On 4/13/2019 at 7:27 PM, doverstutts said:

stephen hooks has some interesting things to say about the next recruiting class...i think he is being a bit optimistic, but he is really connected to bruce....he has said that we should not be surprised to see us finish #1 in recruiting and was very confident about it and that kessler was far from a uga lock,far from it.....you can go to the scout board and read what he says and after i read it, it made getting robbed a tiny bit easier to accept,although i never will completely accept it

There’s going to be many more available spots than we once expected, and Pearl seems to have a real stake in the Georgia market. A top 5 class can definitely be in the cards 

• Like 1

Here is an article from Kentucky site that seems to think we are in drivers seat with Sharife Cooper.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/4/17/18410626/uk-basketball-recruiting-sharife-cooper-auburn-tigers-kentucky-wildcats

58 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Here is an article from Kentucky site that seems to think we are in drivers seat with Sharife Cooper.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2019/4/17/18410626/uk-basketball-recruiting-sharife-cooper-auburn-tigers-kentucky-wildcats

I never thought I would read where AU is battling with the likes of Duke and Kentucky for a top recruit in b-ball! Awesome 👏 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I never thought I would read where AU is battling with the likes of Duke and Kentucky for a top recruit in b-ball! Awesome 👏 

Completely agree.  To take it to the next level is that we are not just battling but even leading.

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think Coop might be closer to committing than many think. Just a hunch

From the rant:

Jerry Meyer, 247’s main national basketball guy, says he is hearing that Cooper is reclassifying to 2019 and going to Auburn.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

From the rant:

Jerry Meyer, 247’s main national basketball guy, says he is hearing that Cooper is reclassifying to 2019 and going to Auburn.

hope so

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Would imagine we’d know soonish. I believe today was the first day of the second, roughly month long, signing period.

I don't think the signing period really means much for guys that reclassify. Last year, Kira Lewis didn't commit and enroll at Bama until just a week before classes start. Cooper has plenty of time to officially make a decision. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I don't think the signing period really means much for guys that reclassify. Last year, Kira Lewis didn't commit and enroll at Bama until just a week before classes start. Cooper has plenty of time to officially make a decision. 

Hagans enrolled at Kentucky in August as well

On 4/17/2019 at 12:05 PM, toddc said:

The only one I'm certain had an offer from Kentucky and signed with Auburn is point guard Gerald White. He played four years at AU and was drafted by Dallas in the '87 NBA draft. There may have been others, but I'm certain about White.

Auburn’s Bruce Pearl will be in today for five-star junior Greg Brown Jr. and four-star junior Chris Moore, a source told @Stockrisers. Brown’s will be an in-home visit.

Edited by auburnfan247

On 2/22/2019 at 11:29 AM, Tiger said:

Chuck really screwed us. We were on the way to really turning the corner big time as a program until he got busted with that BS. Imagine EJ Montgomery and Ashton Hagans on this team. We would definitely be in the top 4 of the league right now IMO.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:41 AM, Tiger said:

What kind of idiot posted this? Top 4 in the league?? Ban this bozo

Has this maroon been banned yet? Sheesh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unfortunately can't upload the link for some reason, but Jake Weingarten posted last night on twitter that 

"Auburn just completed an in-home visit with five-star junior Walker Kessler, a source told @Stockrisers."

It sounds like we just keep hanging around with this guy.

Imagine pulling in Cooper, Boston, Moore, Brown, and Kessler in this class. Likely we will not get all of them, but the fact that this is a possibility right now is so exciting. That would be four 5*s and a 4*. 

Hooks might be well connected but he pumps sunshine harder than Golf does PBR. I’m happy to be connected with a lot of these guys though. 

• Like 3