Sat, Aug. 4

Practice, no interviews

Sun, Aug. 5

5:45 p.m. - Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Mon, Aug. 6

Practice, no interviews

Tue, Aug. 7 (First day in full pads)

3:05-3:25 p.m. - Open to the media
5:45 p.m. - Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele and offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey post-practice interviews

Thur, Aug. 9

11:45 a.m. - Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Sat, Aug. 11

3:30-5:30 p.m. - Fan Day

Mon, Aug. 13

3:05-3:25 p.m. - Open to the media
6 p.m. - Selected players post-practice interviews      

Wed, Aug. 15

11:30 a.m. - Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Thur, Aug. 16

11 a.m. - Assistant coach interviews

Sun, Aug. 19

11:30 a.m. - Gus Malzahn, selected players post-practice interviews

Mon, Aug. 20

First day of class

Source

29 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Looks like Brahms

He might be talking about the first black guy with glasses. I'm not sure who that is either. Nick is very recognizable. lol

http://www.theplainsman.com/article/2018/08/fall-camp-notebook-injured-wrs-in-drills-o-line-shakeup-new-nickel

Some notes from Nathan King at The Plainsman..probably more in depth analyses will come from other outlets

OFFENSE:

-Quarterbacks and tailbacks swapped around in run-pass option drills. It appeared there was no correlation between the quarterback taking snaps and the back he was handing to — Jarrett Stidham was handing to Malik Miller, Malik Willis to C.J. Tolbert, etc. True freshman Shaun Shivers and fullback Chandler Cox were also receiving carries. Joey Gatewood has also changed his number from 1 to 13. New quarterback commit Cord Sandberg has yet to report to campus

- Wide receivers Eli Stove and Will Hastings (ACLs) were moving with quickness in drills while in orange non-contact jerseys and leg braces. Malzahn said at SEC Media Days he expects at least Hastings to return by the middle of the season. Running back transfusion Devan Barrett was working with the receivers as opposed to tailbacks.

- J.B. Grimes has his first-team offensive line, for now. Grimes had Prince Tega Wanogho at left tackle, Marquel Harrell at left guard, Kaleb Kim at center, Mike Horton at right guard and Austin Troxell at right tackle. Massachusetts transfer Jack Driscoll was backing up Troxell, while former five-star tackle Calvin Ashley moved inside at backup right guard. Guard Brodarious Hamm and center Nick Brahms sported non-contact jerseys. 

DEFENSE:

- Few surprises came on the defensive line. T.D. Moultry and Big Kat Bryant rotated at Buck, as expected, while true freshman Richard Jibunor worked behind them. Marlon Davidson and Nick Coe shared time at defensive end. Defensive end Daquan Newkirk was non-contact.

- Jeremiah Dinson (non-contact) and Daniel Thomas were the first-team safeties, while Noah Igbinoghene has apparently found his permanent niche as a starting corner alongside Jamel Dean. Contrary to projections, junior Javaris Davis rotated in at corner instead of starting at Nickel, a position occupied by sophomore Jayvaughn Myers. Freshmen Jamien Sherwood and Smoke Monday were the backup safeties with John Broussard Jr. and Christian Tutt at second-team corner. Jordyn Peters rotated in for Myers at nickel.

- Seniors Deshaun Davis and Darrell Williams were the first-team linebackers with Michael Harris, Chandler Wooten, K.J. Britt and Montavious Atkinson all rotating in behind them

Troxell being first man up at RT isn’t that surprising since Driscoll is new.  Ashley at RG has been talked about enough that it wasn’t a surprise  

What is surprising is J Davis rotating back up corner with Broussard and Tutt.  Is he injured? or in the doghouse for some reason?  I was expecting him to start, either at CB or N.  Myers ahead of Peters is a little surprising too. 

Just now, AUpreacherman22 said:

Troxell being first man up at RT isn’t that surprising since Driscoll is new.  

What is surprising is J Davis rotating back up corner with Broussard and Tutt.  Is he injured? or in the doghouse for some reason?  I was expecting him to start, either at CB or N.  Myers ahead of Peters is a little surprising too. 

I think they probably just tried to give Noah Iggy as many first team reps as possible and so Javaris and Jamel rotated at the other corner spot. Lots of moving pieces in this year’s secondary. I’m interested to see how it will all shake out, we may see many different personnel packages back there depending on opponent and situation

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It would be great if some of the guys (Myers, Broussard, Peters) took the next step.

We better hope they do.......

I'm stoked to see Myers name being mentioned. I've wondered about him since he signed. We have not heard his name since he signed. 

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'm stoked to see Myers name being mentioned. I've wondered about him since he signed. We have not heard his name since he signed. 

Wasn’t he banged up for a while?

27 minutes ago, toddc said:

Wasn’t he banged up for a while?

I don't know. If I remember correctly, E told me he was just buried in the depth chart. But I'm really glad he is with the 1st team day 1. That's awesome. If he starts, we will have NCM starting on offense and his brother on defense. That's cool. 

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:28 PM, bigbird said:

It would be great if some of the guys (Myers, Broussard, Peters) took the next step.

What has happened to Malcolm Askew?  I remember being really excited when we got him.

Next Saturday I believe is the next and final scrimmage.

On 8/13/2018 at 1:37 PM, Win4AU said:

Is there and when would a second scrimmage take place?

Scrimmage #2 is tomorrow, I believe. Probably worked the young guys mainly.

Archived