Top Flips Targets

CameronCrazy

I am still disappointed, frustrated, and disgusted over the Booth commitment to Clemson. I absolutely hate the fact that Auburn gets SO close to landing these big time commits only to come in a close second.

BUT, I’m also reminded that it is only the beginning of August. I believe that our coaches have to become even more relentless on the recruiting trail. Winning on the field and making the playoffs can change the outcome of this class. So here’s my top ten (most important & most likely) guys that we need to flip by December.

1. Wanya Morris (desperately need an elite tackle)

2. Andrew Booth (it was SO close, Pappoe better stay in his ear)

3. Jadon Haselwood (game changer)

4. Trezmen Marshall (need a thumper)

5. Nathan Pickering (best DL in Mississippi)

6. Charles Moore (Handy needs to keep working him)

7. Justin Eboigbe (sickening to see an AU fan go to UAT)

8. Christian Williams (need to get back into Mobile)

9. Maurice Hampton (rumored early interest; need Woodson to work those Memphis connections once LSU collapses)

10. Donte Starks (coaches better keep pursuing once LSU collapses)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

I am still disappointed, frustrated, and disgusted over the Booth commitment to Clemson. I absolutely hate the fact that Auburn gets SO close to landing these big time commits only to come in a close second.

BUT, I’m also reminded that it is only the beginning of August. I believe that our coaches have to become even more relentless on the recruiting trail. Winning on the field and making the playoffs can change the outcome of this class. So here’s my top ten (most important & most likely) guys that we need to flip by December.

1. Wanya Morris (desperately need an elite tackle)

2. Andrew Booth (it was SO close, Pappoe better stay in his ear)

3. Jadon Haselwood (game changer)

4. Trezmen Marshall (need a thumper)

5. Nathan Pickering (best DL in Mississippi)

6. Charles Moore (Handy needs to keep working him)

7. Justin Eboigbe (sickening to see an AU fan go to UAT)

8. Christian Williams (need to get back into Mobile)

9. Maurice Hampton (rumored early interest; need Woodson to work those Memphis connections once LSU collapses)

10. Donte Starks (coaches better keep pursuing once LSU collapses)

Three, four, and Ten are the only possibilities. Almost certain nine is not a target. Surprised you didn’t mention Georgia cornerback Jalen Perry and Florida linebacker Tyron Hopper. Both are much more flipable than seven guys on the above list and/are high targets for Auburn.  Lastly  The only ones we need to flip if we could are Morris and possibly Moore But neither one is happening so yeah.

The DT from UT should be on the list. He’s flippable, and he’s a guy Coach G wants. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Three, four, and Ten are the only possibilities. Almost certain nine is not a target. Surprised you didn’t mention Georgia cornerback Jalen Perry and Florida linebacker Tyron Hopper. Both are much more flipable than seven guys on the above list and/are high targets for Auburn.  Lastly  The only ones we need to flip if we could are Morris and possibly Moore But neither one is happening so yeah.

I would be giddy with a Haselwood and Marshall flip and call it a day.  

I say stay on these recruits as much as necessary, and see if you might get lucky.  As close as Wanya was, (and Booth, and a few others) something could happen there between now and Dec.  You just never know. 

I would take a tri-fecta flip of uga kids JH, TM, and Perry.  That would be awesome!

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

The DT from UT should be on the list. He’s flippable, and he’s a guy Coach G wants. 

Thanks. I don’t know  how I forgot him

1 hour ago, mcgufcm said:

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Thanks. I don’t know  how I forgot him

Cox?

Only problem with flipping is it works both ways. Clark was thought to be trying to work on Morris for AU, now it looks more likely Morris helps flip Clark to Tenn.
A few of our more highly rated commits are under immense pressure to flip to other schools as well. 

I think Cox is first, Haselwood and Marshall are on signing day. FYI - I think Haselwood is currently a silent, JMO.....SSSHHHH

But we lose 1

5 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I think Cox is first, Haselwood and Marshall are on signing day. FYI - I think Haselwood is currently a silent, JMO.....SSSHHHH

But we lose 1

Do you base that on anything other than day dreams? I mean, I hope you are right but it seems very, very unlikely.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Do you base that on anything other than day dreams? I mean, I hope you are right but it seems very, very unlikely.

That’s why I put....JMO

20 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Gus and his staff might try to flip some Ohio State recruits to Auburn.

I did read a article that indicated we were interested in a 4 star RB commit to Ohio St but I can’t remember his name.

5 hours ago, Samau said:

I did read a article that indicated we were interested in a 4 star RB commit to Ohio St but I can’t remember his name.

Steele Chambers.

On 8/3/2018 at 3:50 PM, auburn4ever said:

I wonder if Gus and his staff might try to flip some Ohio State recruits to Auburn.

I vote we go after the center.   He's from Buford HS.    Hold on, I don't really get a vote.  You know what I mean.

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Steele Chambers.

Not only a good pick up at running back with his size but a great name to go with Smoke Monday. 

13 hours ago, Beaker said:

I vote we go after the center.   He's from Buford HS.    Hold on, I don't really get a vote.  You know what I mean.

Auburn wasn’t a factor for him before he committed to Ohio state. It would still be a longshot  for Auburn to became a factor now.

On 8/3/2018 at 4:50 PM, auburn4ever said:

not a bad idea at all!

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Auburn wasn’t a factor for him before he committed to Ohio state. It would still be a longshot  for Auburn to became a factor now.

Gotcha....well nothing ventured, nothing gained.   Hope someone explores this one.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Why not? I say go for it. 

Once the blow hio State gets this finalized there may be plenty of transfer options!

On 8/5/2018 at 11:22 PM, War to the Eagle said:

Why not? I say go for it. 

Why not what? I never said or implied not going for it. I'm just saying AU would be working from way behind other schools.

Archived