Coach Chizik speaks to team

RunInRed

I've hated how the program and some fans have basically cut Coach Chizik from the respect he deserved...brought us a NC and a  lot of exciting times to the 'Plains'....hearing him on SEC channel, it is very evident he has a lot of knowledge and insight that could benefit Auburn or any program in the country...glad he was able to speak with the team...

17 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I've hated how the program and some fans have basically cut Coach Chizik from the respect he deserved...brought us a NC and a  lot of exciting times to the 'Plains'....hearing him on SEC channel, it is very evident he has a lot of knowledge and insight that could benefit Auburn or any program in the country...glad he was able to speak with the team...

Some very classless comments....hope they were not from AU fans....

Coach Chizik still has some good coaching left in him........If he returns to coaching I wish him nothing but the best........as mentioned above class act.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:10 PM, tigerman1186 said:

Where have you seen the AU program not show respect to GC?  I'm curious to know how Auburn has shown disrespect.  I don't doubt that some fans have been disrespectful, as "fans" are fickle, clueless and obtuse with little regard for acknowledging what GC brought to Auburn in his time here.

Gene is one of the best football analysts on TV today.  He is knowledgeable, concise, presents a true and educated picture of the game without interjecting bias or his own personal opinion.  He can breakdown a game, pin-point tendencies, identify key personnel, point out where adjustments need to be made and he gives excellent commentary.  I REALLY wish one of the major networks would pick him up, because I'd much rather listen/watch Gene than some of the other clowns they have on the air.

Yes, classy move by Gus, but Gene should be commended, also. How hard would it be to return to the place where, at least for a season, you were vilified? 

Proves Auburn is a special place...

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, keesler said:

Where have you seen the AU program not show respect to GC?  I'm curious to know how Auburn has shown disrespect.  I don't doubt that some fans have been disrespectful, as "fans" are fickle, clueless and obtuse with little regard for acknowledging what GC brought to Auburn in his time here.

Gene is one of the best football analysts on TV today.  He is knowledgeable, concise, presents a true and educated picture of the game without interjecting bias or his own personal opinion.  He can breakdown a game, pin-point tendencies, identify key personnel, point out where adjustments need to be made and he gives excellent commentary.  I REALLY wish one of the major networks would pick him up, because I'd much rather listen/watch Gene than some of the other clowns they have on the air.

I have a bad habit of scan reading........you are correct...........Select fan base and trolls yes.........program no disrespect.

Coach Chizic did a great job handling the press during the whole,  "bagman"  BS imo.

19 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Auburn is a special place...

It certainly is!

And Gene Chizik is a special man.  He is the real deal.  I love having him in Auburn and around our football program in any capacity.  He is a very good example of a man of character.  I wish there were a lot more Gene Chiziks out there! (It would make my job easier?)

The way he handled the Cam allegations was masterful. He was firm and made it crystal clear that he had his guy's back and there was no foul play. Both in hindsight and in real time I felt/feel like it couldn't have been handled better. 

I would looove to hear him off the record talk about that whole situation and how he feels about Urban Meyer/Dan Mullen etc. Or even how things started to fall apart during his tenure would be one hell of a listen

26 minutes ago, Tiger said:

The way he handled the Cam allegations was masterful. He was firm and made it crystal clear that he had his guy's back and there was no foul play. Both in hindsight and in real time I felt/feel like it couldn't have been handled better. 

I would looove to hear him off the record talk about that whole situation and how he feels about Urban Meyer/Dan Mullen etc. Or even how things started to fall apart during his tenure would be one hell of a listen

27 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You would never get him to talk about another coach IMO. He has too much class to get involved in something like that. I met Coach Chizik at his book signing in Atlanta. Our common bond was his father who was a WWII Marine and was one of 12 survivors out of  approximately 140 of his company in the battle of Sugar Loaf Hill on Okinawa. I was a Marine helicopter pilot back in 1967 and I have actually  been to what is left of Sugar Loaf Hill when I was in Okinawa as it was very close to my base. It's nothing but commercial signs now and a lot of it was hauled away for landfill. There was nothing there now but a small plaque on the top commemorating the battle. My good life on Okinawa didn't last long before they sent me into Nam where I got to enjoy the Tet Offensive. What a waste of good men and money that war was. Anyway for you younger guys on here you can Google Sugar Loaf Hill and read about the battle that Coach Chizik's dad fought in and more importantly survived. 

WDE!! 

On 8/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, Slammer1 said:

You would never get him to talk about another coach IMO. He has too much class to get involved in something like that. I met Coach Chizik at his book signing in Atlanta. Our common bond was his father who was a WWII Marine and was one of 12 survivors out of  approximately 140 of his company in the battle of Sugar Loaf Hill on Okinawa. I was a Marine helicopter pilot back in 1967 and I have actually  been to what is left of Sugar Loaf Hill when I was in Okinawa as it was very close to my base. It's nothing but commercial signs now and a lot of it was hauled away for landfill. There was nothing there now but a small plaque on the top commemorating the battle. My good life on Okinawa didn't last long before they sent me into Nam where I got to enjoy the Tet Offensive. What a waste of good men and money that war was. Anyway for you younger guys on here you can Google Sugar Loaf Hill and read about the battle that Coach Chizik's dad fought in and more importantly survived. 

WDE!! 

Here is the article for those interested that I read quite some time ago about Coach Chizik's dad and Sugar Loaf Hill. 

https://texassports.com/news/2005/1/23/012305aaa_744.aspx

Chizik may still be the coach today had he hired a spread OC rather than trying to force a team recruited for the spread into a pro style offense. Hiring Scott Leffler was his undoing. Chizik is a great man. I hate the way things turned out for him as our coach. 

How many great OC/DC make poor HC? It happens. That doesn't speak to the character of a man. THIS speaks volumes for both Gene and Gus. 

It doesn't hurt that Jacobs is gone, too. Probably brought Gene and Gus closer together ?

Archived