Heath Evans fired from NFL Network

AURex

Former Auburn RB Heath Evans (1998-2000), who went on to play FB in 143 games for the Seahawks, Dolphins, Patriots and Saints, including a Super Bowl along the way, has been fired from NFL Network along with other analysts of the NFL Gameday team Marshall Faulk and Ike Taylor.

A lawsuit was filed by wardrobe stylist Jami Cantor, who had worked for the network for a decade, against those three and others including Donovan McNabb, Warren Sapp, Eric Weinberger, and Eric Davis for ongoing "sexually inappropriate encounters." They were suspended last December and their contracts cancelled for the coming season. Another female employee had similar experiences. Both reported their harassment to HR without effect. The NFL Network initially responded, predictably, by victim blaming. The Network has since decided to address the "culture" issue by cleaning house.

There are many sports news media reports of their dismissal, including this one. Evans' NFL Network bio page was taken down after his suspension.

Evans is married and has two daughters. He offered his services to Auburn as head coach to replace CGM after Auburn's LSU meltdown.

Evans is specifically accused of repeatedly trying to convince Cantor to have sexual relations with him and sending her unsolicited and unwanted nude pictures of himself.

Not the kind of "Auburn man" image we like to see.

Good Grief......such classless, immature,disgusting behavior. I feel bad for his family and for his victim. Not that it's any excuse...because it's not....but you have to wonder if he has a problem with alcohol or drugs too. Very risky and inexplicable behavior and very poor judgement for a man in the public eye to send nude photos of himself. WTH was he thinking? 

karma..............

Didn't he volunteer to coach at AU a while back?      Hard to understand what gets into a person to do stuff like that..

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:32 PM, Tigerbelle said:

Good Grief......such classless, immature,disgusting behavior. I feel bad for his family and for his victim. Not that it's any excuse...because it's not....but you have to wonder if he has a problem with alcohol or drugs too. Very risky and inexplicable behavior and very poor judgement for a man in the public eye to send nude photos of himself. WTH was he thinking? 

I call it the Jameis Winston syndrome.  These athletes are used to getting their way from an early age because they're good at a sport and, consequently, develop big egos and an attitude that they are above the law. 

Still, I would have thought/hoped that Heath Evans would have matured beyond that.

On 8/5/2018 at 11:38 AM, AU64 said:

Hard to understand what gets into a person to do stuff like that..

Look at him... Not hard to understand what he has "IN" him...  STERIODS

heath-Web-Silder-SM.jpg

Not cool. One of my all time favorite AU players. Hate it when i find out people i admire are actually douche bags

On 8/4/2018 at 5:36 PM, AURex said:

Former Auburn RB Heath Evans (1998-2000), who went on to play FB in 143 games for the Seahawks, Dolphins, Patriots and Saints, including a Super Bowl along the way, has been fired from NFL Network along with other analysts of the NFL Gameday team Marshall Faulk and Ike Taylor.

A lawsuit was filed by wardrobe stylist Jami Cantor, who had worked for the network for a decade, against those three and others including Donovan McNabb, Warren Sapp, Eric Weinberger, and Eric Davis for ongoing "sexually inappropriate encounters." They were suspended last December and their contracts cancelled for the coming season. Another female employee had similar experiences. Both reported their harassment to HR without effect. The NFL Network initially responded, predictably, by victim blaming. The Network has since decided to address the "culture" issue by cleaning house.

There are many sports news media reports of their dismissal, including this one. Evans' NFL Network bio page was taken down after his suspension.

Evans is married and has two daughters. He offered his services to Auburn as head coach to replace CGM after Auburn's LSU meltdown.

Evans is specifically accused of repeatedly trying to convince Cantor to have sexual relations with him and sending her unsolicited and unwanted nude pictures of himself.

Not the kind of "Auburn man" image we like to see.

ZERO respect for women, ZERO character - and a horrible representation of his alma mater.:angry:

has anyone seen real evidence  before the “group think me-too bus” pulls out of the station? personally i like to give auburn family members the benefit of the doubt before piling on.

i recall Mc nab was proven guilty of this a few years ago and he’s known to behave and act this way. Farve turned out to be pulling similiar stunts but came clean with his wife so it’s possible the accusations are true?  Unfortunately in this “climate” it’s always the dudes fault,,, no matter the circumstances. Charles Payne, from the Fox business channel (who is black and engaged in consensual relations with the attractive white lady) seems to be the only Male who has been able to survive these types of accusations; no matter what happens being a guy means you are guilty before trial. thank goodness charles happened to save his phone messages or he’d have also been destroyed! Remember It takes “2 to tango”! (Unless of course your the duke lacrosse team in which case it was supposedly 7 or 8!) i’m giving heath the benefit of the doubt like i did charles payne,,, we’ll see

5 minutes ago, div3 said:

has anyone seen real evidence  before the “group think me-too bus” pulls out of the station? personally i like to give auburn family members the benefit of the doubt before piling on.

i recall Mc nab was proven guilty of this a few years ago and he’s known to behave and act this way. Farve turned out to be pulling similiar stunts but came clean with his wife so it’s possible the accusations are true?  Unfortunately in this “climate” it’s always the dudes fault,,, no matter the circumstances. Charles Payne, from the Fox business channel (who is black and engaged in consensual relations with the attractive white lady) seems to be the only Male who has been able to survive these types of accusations; no matter what happens being a guy means you are guilty before trial. thank goodness charles happened to save his phone messages or he’d have also been destroyed! Remember It takes “2 to tango”! (Unless of course your the duke lacrosse team in which case it was supposedly 7 or 8!) i’m giving heath the benefit of the doubt like i did charles payne,,, we’ll see

It doesn't always take 2 to tango. I mean she could very well be lying through her teeth and i hope that is the case. But the below sounds really bad regardless of metoo age or anything else happening in the world

"Evans is specifically accused of repeatedly trying to convince Cantor to have sexual relations with him and sending her unsolicited and unwanted nude pictures of himself."

I'll agree the metoo movement has taken a life of its own and that guys are getting crucified for some pretty lame stuff. But the above does not fall in that category. 

I'm beginning to become skeptical of these kinds of stories with the number of cases that turn out to be some people being overly sensitive/ overly vigilant for these kinds of things. Not saying that it's okay, but I'd like to know a little more info before I crucify the guy. 

in the day and age of these wonderful cell phones (blogs too!) one of my favorite features is the block function. Apparently she hated receiving the pics so much she continued to receive more! (lol)

yeah,,, she led him on and rec’d them just long enough to set him and others up,,, ruin a family or two but to surely compile enough evidence for another golden parachute settlement from the network! Sorry i ain’t buying it! most of these chica’s are not the “pure as the white driven snow fair maidens” the media or conspirators make them out to be. yeah heath’s prolly guilty? guilty of being played by an extremely cunning; deceitful, manipulative chic who had no other skills to deploy. guilty of being a toxic masculine Male! 

17 minutes ago, div3 said:

in the day and age of these wonderful cell phones (blogs too!) one of my favorite features is the block function. Apparently she hated receiving the pics so much she continued to receive more! (lol)

yeah,,, she led him on and rec’d them just long enough to set him and others up,,, ruin a family or two but to surely compile enough evidence for another golden parachute settlement from the network! Sorry i ain’t buying it! most of these chica’s are not the “pure as the white driven snow fair maidens” the media or conspirators make them out to be. yeah heath’s prolly guilty? guilty of being played by an extremely cunning; deceitful, manipulative chic who had no other skills to deploy. guilty of being a toxic masculine Male! 

ok questioning whether it really happened i can get. But blaming the girl/lady for being sent nude photos?!? Wow....just wow. 

yo “jd”,,,so your thinking heath woke up one day and says to himself,,, “you know i think i’m gonna send gina a  pic of my johnson today”! ,,she looked good running around the office and smiled when she dropped off my coffee”. never mind these things provide a permanent record and hundreds of my athlete brethren have already been ruined doing exactly the same thing,,,  i’m just gonna wing it anyway!” “ let the good times roll! 

Sorry jd,,, for you and others so naive or willing to blindly accept the talking points,,, it doesnt work that way! The innendo and back and forth communications had obviously reached a sufficient level where,, if he did it,,, he felt very secure sending a pic or his privates! (duh!) 

Yeah,,No doubt whatsoever she’s as guilty and perhaps even more so than he is. yep,,,”can you hear me now”? (btw,, i’d like to remind you, her and other snowflakes out there,, the block function works very well!)  WDE!

24 minutes ago, gravejd said:

ok questioning whether it really happened i can get. But blaming the girl/lady for being sent nude photos?!? Wow....just wow. 

10 minutes ago, div3 said:

yo “jd”,,,so your thinking heath woke up one day and says to himself,,, “you know i think i’m gonna send gina a  pic of my johnson today”! ,,she looked good running around the office and smiled when she dropped off my coffee”. never mind these things provide a permanent record and hundreds of my athlete brethren have already been ruined doing exactly the same thing,,,  i’m just gonna wing it anyway!” “ let the good times roll! 

Sorry jd,,, for you and others so naive or willing to blindly accept the talking points,,, it doesnt work that way! The innendo and back and forth communications had obviously reached a sufficient level where,, if he did it,,, he felt very secure sending a pic or his privates! (duh!) 

Yeah,,No doubt whatsoever she’s as guilty and perhaps even more so than he is. yep,,,”can you hear me now”? (btw,, i’d like to remind you, her and other snowflakes out there,, the block function works very well!)  WDE!

You know i have no idea what he was thinking. I'm guessing he wasn't thinking or maybe he usually gets good responses from the ladies when he sends nude pictures to them. But in this case this lady did not want the nude pictures. 

Anyway your obviously a douche bag as well so i can't expect you to understand the problem here. Using the block function lmfao. So i guess flashing women is cool as well? I mean they can just close their eyes if they don't want to see it. ?

I have no idea if this has legs. But I have a friend who was a student at Auburn at the time he was there and she said he was an A-1 a**hole. Hothead smartass.... whatever else I can’t remember and gave examples that I barely remember but she convinced me he’s an a**hole. 

2 hours ago, Southwest said:

I really hope Evans version of the story is how it went down. Like i said one of my all time favs. I was pretty young when he was playing and i still remember him walking off the field on that broken ankle. Tough SOB

On 8/7/2018 at 10:46 AM, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'm beginning to become skeptical of these kinds of stories with the number of cases that turn out to be some people being overly sensitive/ overly vigilant for these kinds of things. Not saying that it's okay, but I'd like to know a little more info before I crucify the guy. 

On 8/10/2018 at 6:35 AM, Southwest said:

And this is why...

On 8/10/2018 at 9:11 AM, gravejd said:

I really hope Evans version of the story is how it went down. Like i said one of my all time favs. I was pretty young when he was playing and i still remember him walking off the field on that broken ankle. Tough SOB

However.....sending photos like that while being a married father of 2 children....he's still a jackazz. Nothing excuses that kind of behavior whether it was mutual or not. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2018 at 10:56 AM, div3 said:

You sound like part of the problem. The guy at fox got off because the management there have all been guilty of italso.  As a male I hat grew as an  athelete and in management,  I have seen this crap most all my life from guys who think their Gods gift to women and that women should actually embrace them attacking them. No I am a fan of #me/too. I hope when it’s done a lot of guys begin to address women with the same respect they would like their mother, wife or daughter treated with. I have no doubt that the majority of the complaints are true. Of my soap box.

Archived