Heath Evans fired from NFL Network

AURex

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:24 PM, alexava said:

I have no idea if this has legs. But I have a friend who was a student at Auburn at the time he was there and she said he was an A-1 a**hole. Hothead smartass.... whatever else I can’t remember and gave examples that I barely remember but she convinced me he’s an a**hole. 

Funny how different people see things differently. I lived in Sewell Hall 1999-2000 and I saw him often. Never really spoke with him, but I remember him kindly holding the door open for me to the dorm computer lab one morning. He seemed humble and kind to me when I saw him. 

53 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Funny how different people see things differently. I lived in Sewell Hall 1999-2000 and I saw him often. Never really spoke with him, but I remember him kindly holding the door open for me to the dorm computer lab one morning. He seemed humble and kind to me when I saw him. 

I certainly would not dispute that. I will assume she caught him on bad days and I was never there myself. I’m all about benefits of doubt. 

On 8/4/2018 at 5:36 PM, AURex said:

Former Auburn RB Heath Evans (1998-2000), who went on to play FB in 143 games for the Seahawks, Dolphins, Patriots and Saints, including a Super Bowl along the way, has been fired from NFL Network along with other analysts of the NFL Gameday team Marshall Faulk and Ike Taylor.

A lawsuit was filed by wardrobe stylist Jami Cantor, who had worked for the network for a decade, against those three and others including Donovan McNabb, Warren Sapp, Eric Weinberger, and Eric Davis for ongoing "sexually inappropriate encounters." They were suspended last December and their contracts cancelled for the coming season. Another female employee had similar experiences. Both reported their harassment to HR without effect. The NFL Network initially responded, predictably, by victim blaming. The Network has since decided to address the "culture" issue by cleaning house.

There are many sports news media reports of their dismissal, including this one. Evans' NFL Network bio page was taken down after his suspension.

Evans is married and has two daughters. He offered his services to Auburn as head coach to replace CGM after Auburn's LSU meltdown.

Evans is specifically accused of repeatedly trying to convince Cantor to have sexual relations with him and sending her unsolicited and unwanted nude pictures of himself.

Not the kind of "Auburn man" image we like to see.

Not buying it, Heath was clearly being an idiot but this woman was apparently complicit. I won't buy for even a millisecond that Marshall Faulk would be inappropriate in this way. 

On 8/7/2018 at 10:56 AM, keesler said:

ZERO respect for women, ZERO character - and a horrible representation of his alma mater.:angry:

well ya know the ACT / SAT doesn't test character.   

Archived