This tweet is interesting

AUDub

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

I think my response was sufficient.  

In Trump Jr's case, he certainly agreed to receive information gathered by the Russian government, as Trump only recently admitted.

In your opinion, does “contact” suffice for collusion or does there need to be an “agreement?”

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Clearly, Trump had no issues with appealing to the Russian government: 

He was just having a little fun. Obvious that you along with Rosie and others think otherwise.

If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

In your opinion, does “contact” suffice for collusion or does there need to be an “agreement?”

First, my understanding is that "collusion" is not defined as a crime. My understanding is the relevant crime would be "conspiracy".

Now, as to what might constitute a conspiracy, I really don't know.  But I hope that a presidential candidate - now a president - who knowingly solicited or agreed to accept personal help from a foreign power to sway the election would at least be subject to political consequences if not legal.

But to answer your question, I would say no. Simple contact - by the foreign country - would not suffice for collusion or conspiracy. 

In fact, I think there was an incident in the past in which a  Democratic candidate (Kerry?) was approached by a foreign government prior to the election for the purpose of providing assistance and the candidate immediately reported it to the FBI, as he should have and as Trump should have.

On the other hand, if it was the candidate who initiated the contact, again, I would hope there would be a political price to pay, if not a legal one.

But I see that a bill has been introduced to require candidates to report contact by a foreign government:  https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/reporting-foreign-meddling-in-elections-shouldnt-be-optional/561767/

12 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

He was just having a little fun. Obvious that you along with Rosie and others think otherwise.

If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!

Actually, his exact words were:

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press,” Trump said in a July 27, 2016 news conference.

And (presumably) incidentally, Russia tried to hack Clinton's email around the time he made this statement:

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/396915-indictment-russians-tried-to-hack-clinton-around-when-trump-publicly

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Actually, his exact words were:

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press,” Trump said in a July 27, 2016 news conference.

I remember now. That was pretty funny. Wonder what ever became of those emails?

6 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I remember now. That was pretty funny. Wonder what ever became of those emails?

Clinton deleted them.  She claimed they were not work related.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-deleted-33000-emails-secretary-state/story?id=42389308

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Sure Brother Homer. Ordinary users do not have a legal team 

By then, Clinton had already "deleted some [emails] over time as an ordinary user would," FBI Director James Comey told lawmakers at a July congressional hearing.

And she tasked her legal team to determine which of the roughly 60,000 emails still on her server were work-related.

It takes a very, very strange brain to convince oneself that the affair of the Steele dossier was A-OK but Trump jr.'s meeting with some people is a crime.

Follow the yellow brick road....

DNC (Hillary campaign) to a hired law firm who paid Fusion GPS  who then paid Steele who never went to Russia but based his report on Russian contacts that he had.

I can't image why he doesn't want to testify under oath.

Then there his lobbying to the FBI to get a visa for a banned Russian business man during the same time period.

Yep! That Trump Jr. visit sure looks bad.....

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this could be argued forever without changing anyone's opinion depending on who you support. Does seem a little strange though that only one side has been investigated. Just maybe if Hilliary and the DNC were investigated as long and diligently as Trump has been investigated, we would all have a better idea of what actually happened!

6 minutes ago, provibe said:

I guess this could be argued forever without changing anyone's opinion depending on who you support. Does seem a little strange though that only one side has been investigated. Just maybe if Hilliary and the DNC were investigated as long and diligently as Trump has been investigated, we would all have a better idea of what actually happened!

Investigated for what?

You could start with mishandling classified information on an unsecured server and then just follow wherever that leads! Could spend several years searching through all illegal activity during her time at State and the Clinton Foundation. My opinion of course!!

13 minutes ago, provibe said:

You could start with mishandling classified information on an unsecured server and then just follow wherever that leads! Could spend several years searching through all illegal activity during her time at State and the Clinton Foundation. My opinion of course!!

Good opinion. Right on the mark.

13 hours ago, provibe said:

That was investigated.

Archived