Movies

AUBwins

4 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

So what do y'all think the chances are of Kristen Bell choosing AU?

Well I'm the bag man so I'll pay what ever it takes

• ellitor changed the title to Movies (Kristen Bell Derail from Recruiting Forum Added)

tenor.gif?itemid=5732960

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 5/20/2020 at 4:34 PM, Rednilla said:

Kristen Bell. She was Sarah Marshall in the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and was the title role for the show (and movie) Veronica Mars. She was also the voice for the role of Anna (the younger princess) in Frozen and Frozen 2, which I know backwards and forwards now because of my daughter.

Forgetting Sarah Marshall, very underrated. As was House of Lies on Showtime.

She really chooses good projects. And then makes them better. 

• Love 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5732960

tenor.gif

I need you on that wall, Bird.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5732960

tenor.gif

Nice guitar

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Forgetting Sarah Marshall, very underrated. As was House of Lies on Showtime.

She really chooses good projects. And then makes them better. 

Never saw House of Lies, but I thoroughly enjoyed Forgetting Sarah Marshall. Kristen Bell + Mila Kunis...OH YEAH!

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 4:19 PM, McLoofus said:

Looks like you can get NatGeo through Disney+, which might be included with your Hulu, not sure.

https://www.disneyplus.com/?cid=DTCI-Synergy-NatGeoTV-Site-Acquisition-PreSales-US-DisneyPlus-NA-EN-PromoModule-bottomofpg_slimbanner_PreOrderNowCTA-NA

I can double  check Disney+ tonight. 

EDIT: Yeah, you can definitely stream it via Disney+.

Update loof added Disney + and it worked we now have all episodes of Life Below Zero

Happy New Year Reaction GIF

• Like 1

We also watched Ready or Not on HBOGo. Got a notification on my phone that it was released and the summary alone had me hooked. Never heard of this movie before this past weekend, but it’s right up my alley. Great cinematography and interesting plot(although I called it early on). “Fun horror”. 

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Can a mod please remove the Kristen Bell merge notice from the title

@ShocksMyBrain Do you want her posts split into a separate thread too?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Nope. Just wanted the title of the thread cleaned up and it looks like it has been done by @augolf1716.

It was. I would have had I send it. It was meant to be a temporary change anyway so the Kristen Bell fans would know where her thread went from the recruiting forum.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Can a mod please remove the Kristen Bell merge notice from the title please? @ellitor @augolf1716

We just finished Uncut Gems(now on Netflix). What a train wreck. Every single decision made in the movie was a bad one. Sandler knocked it out of the park. 

Stunning film. Walked out of the theater and realized I hadn't released the tension in my shoulders in over an hour. Absolute travesty that it wasn't recognized more during awards season.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We watched the Lighthouse yesterday. Another slow burn, atmospheric movie from Robert Eggers(the VVitch). Fantastic performances from Pattinson and Dafoe. 

Such polarity in the responses to this movie. I want to see it but I don't think the wife is going to watch it with me.

The look of it is amazing and I'll give anything a shot if it nails such a beautiful and distinctive aesthetic. If the writing and acting are good, hey, even better. But it's hard to imagine either of those dudes phoning it in. Especially Dafoe. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Such polarity in the responses to this movie. I want to see it but I don't think the wife is going to watch it with me.

The look of it is amazing and I'll give anything a shot if it nails such a beautiful and distinctive aesthetic. If the writing and acting are good, hey, even better. But it's hard to imagine either of those dudes phoning it in. Especially Dafoe. 

I expected it to come off a bit pretentious, given the black and white film, but Eggers did a good job injecting small amounts of humor to lighten the load. I say give it a shot. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/9/2020 at 8:38 PM, alexava said:

The mention of Rachel McAdams reminded me of “Game Night “.. good movie. 

I own that movie, and have seen it multiple times...I can never remember what happens in it for some reason. 

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2020 at 7:15 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

I own that movie, and have seen it multiple times...I can never remember what happens in it for some reason. 

Hmm. Now I'm really intrigued.

On 5/13/2020 at 11:44 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Similar note re: car chases—I also watched Romancing the Stone, a favorite 80s flick of mine. This scene with the Ford Bronco(a vehicle I still hope to own one day) is still pretty rad. Shooting the gap in that boss was and still is awesome. 

Awww Dammit man... the Doobie Brothers broke up!

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Per Sematary 2019 was absolute trash. I’m kind of pissed I wasted that much time of my day watching it. 

The first Pet Sem comes with a funny memory for me. It was the first time I went out with the sister of a friend. Never forget her dad answering the door and going Chad isn't here with a puzzled look and Maria coming up behind him and going bye dad I'll be home by curfew and dragging me away. I had just enough time to see look of confusion turn to realization lol.

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2020 at 6:40 AM, McLoofus said:

Stunning film. Walked out of the theater and realized I hadn't released the tension in my shoulders in over an hour. Absolute travesty that it wasn't recognized more during awards season.

Thank you! This is the movie I am suppose to watch that I forgot the name of.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 7:44 AM, McLoofus said:

I don't normally watch superhero movies, either. I do enjoy the Taika Waititi version of Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy, though. 

Snowpiercer is awesome. I'm anxious to watch the show. Jennifer Connolly seems perfectly cast. Side note: Koreans are fantastic at directing movies set on trains or with defining scenes set in hallways. 

Refering to?

Edited by Texan4Auburn
  • Thanks 1