Movies

AUBwins

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I like it a lot. I think most people either love or hate it. It provokes a bit of thought. Have to like the handicam/found footage type of movies. 

Sounds right up my alley. One of those that I made a mental note on awhile back and haven't circled back around to. 

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Not sure if you're looking for any recs, but I just remembered that I really, really liked The Descent.

It’s already on my list. One of my favorite horror movies from recent history. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s really campy at times. But it is Raimi, so it’s expected. 

Exactly........has to have a corny laugh moments........I assume it come out 07ish.......when the mac guy had his moment in the spotlight 😆

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It’s already on my list. One of my favorite horror movies from recent history. 

There were 2 horror movies I watched as a kid that give me nightmares........Exorcist and Dracula........parents wouldn't let me watch.........so I watched anyway.😆.............as an adult I see many flawes in both movies................as a kid in mid 70's couldnt sleep...........wasnt till mid 80's that I could see Jack Palance as anyone other than Dracula..........won his way back in my heart as Curly....thanks Billy Crystal 😆

2 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Exactly........has to have a corny laugh moments........I assume it come out 07ish.......when the mac guy had his moment in the spotlight 😆

I like just about everything Justin Long is in. Even Tusk. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I like just about everything Justin Long is in. Even Tusk. 

Your right........I still see him in the movie Break Up?.........I think...........he did a great job playing a receptionist.......can do comedy and more serious roles.👍

• Like 1

The ones that really got me as a kid were Carrie (1976), Jaws (1975) and Salem's Lot (1979). The Halloween movies, Friday the 13th movies and Nightmare on Elm Streets were pretty good until they became ridiculous.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

The ones that really got me as a kid were Carrie (1976), Jaws (1975) and Salem's Lot (1979). The Halloween movies, Friday the 13th movies and Nightmare on Elm Streets were pretty good until they became ridiculous.

Elm Street was pretty campy. All the following ones were almost a parody of themselves. Krueger was pretty corny imo. His appearance terrified me as a child.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Elm Street was pretty campy. All the following ones were almost a parody of themselves. Krueger was pretty corny imo. His appearance terrified me as a child.

The bus scene at the end of 1 got me back in the day.

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Good list......the first I Spit on your Grave if I remeber was pretty good also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Elm Street's idea is what was novel and scary. I only really enjoyed them for the Krueger humor lines.  The first Halloween was solid.  The music was iconic. It was the first I remember of the terrifying "slow walk" many movies copied afterwards. No matter how fast you run, the slow walking villain always catches up. My dog still growls every time I do it.  Friday was just a slasher film. I never really liked those. However, the 3rd one was entertaining because it was the first real 3D movie I saw. It made it kind of funny actually.