Movies

AUBwins

I was reminded of one of my favorites today. ‘Second Hand Lions ‘. Kid appropriate but not a kid movie. 

Edited by alexava

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2018 at 3:07 PM, johnnyAU said:

For fans of the Coen brothers' films, the new Netflix movie "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" is definitely worth a viewing. 

Very entertaining watch. I will likely watch several more times, although some of it is... not uplifting. 

On 12/9/2018 at 3:00 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Do not want to see Mufasa die in realistic fashion. 

Great point! Now I'm sad :sad2:

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So no one has watched Birdbox or Bandersnatch?

Birdbox was very MEH - agree with McLoofus. My wife and I listened to the book on tape, and for what it's worth I wasn't a huge fan of the book either. Hoped the movie might do a better job, and it didn't. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Birdbox was very MEH - agree with McLoofus. My wife and I listened to the book on tape, and for what it's worth I wasn't a huge fan of the book either. Hoped the movie might do a better job, and it didn't. 

I won’t say it was terrible, but the amount of hype around it was pretty crazy. I thought it went a little long, and started treading into the boring spectrum. I would like to know how they went from LA to the forest. 

23 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I won’t say it was terrible, but the amount of hype around it was pretty crazy. I thought it went a little long, and started treading into the boring spectrum. I would like to know how they went from LA to the forest. 

It had a good premise imo but movie was so slowwwwwwww I could have zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Bandersnatch is one of the worst movies ever made!  It has a decent rating on IMDB, but it is a really terrible movie. 

Why do you say it’s the worst movie ever made? Are you familiar with the Black Mirror series?

I don’t think it was a bad movie, I did think it was unique experience being able to choose your own plot devices. But I also like Black Mirror. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

Not familiar with that series.  The movie went out of its way to present bizarre scenes over and over, to the point of being tiresome.  

Edited by Mike4AU

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

Not familiar with that series.  The movie went out of its way to present bizarre scenes over and over, to the point of being tiresome.  Have you watched it?  If yes, what is your opinion?

I edited my post, if you want to go back. That’s the way Black Mirror is. It’s a dark, sometimes bizarre show. A modern day Twilight Zone. 

Ok I know most younger may not like this yes its an old movie but very very good...To Live And Die In LA. I worked in Orange County Ca were a lot of the scenes were filmed. Also I a big fan of Wang

Ok I know most younger may not like this yes its an old movie but very very good...To Live And Die In LA. I worked in Orange County Ca were a lot of the scenes were filmed. Also I a big fan of Wang and William Peterson  give City Of Angels a chance

I read today that a teenage girl wrecked her vehicle doing the birdbox challenge. So of course I couldn’t put the movie off any longer and watched it. 

I’m disappointed to not learn about the creation and the particulars of the force behind it all and that lasted over five years. Demons? Biowarfare? 

Saw this movie for the second time in theaters last night since it has been out. The old dog has still got it even at 88. This had to be a lot of work for him as he starred, directed and produced it. A really fun flick. Him and Bradley Cooper always kill it when they team up for a movie.

clint.jpg

• Like 2