Null

Caught a movie I'd never seen before last night. I'm a fan of horror/paranormal movies and the one I saw last night was actually pretty good. I missed the first half of the movie and caught the second half but what I saw was very good. I had no expectation of liking it.

'Oculus' is the name of the movie. The movie came out back in 2014. For some reason I don't remember this movie being out back then. I guess movies like The Conjuring and Annabelle got all the attention and Oculus was kind of under the radar and got less attention even though it ended up doing well at the box office. 

Anywho, not to spoil it too much but the way the movie ended left the door wide open for a sequel. Yet as of now there hasn't been any word on a sequel in the works. Which is a shame because the plot and atmosphere of the movie worked pretty well. If you haven't seen the movie then I'd highly recommend it. 

1 hour ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Caught a movie I'd never seen before last night. I'm a fan of horror/paranormal movies and the one I saw last night was actually pretty good. I missed the first half of the movie and caught the second half but what I saw was very good. I had no expectation of liking it.

'Oculus' is the name of the movie. The movie came out back in 2014. For some reason I don't remember this movie being out back then. I guess movies like The Conjuring and Annabelle got all the attention and Oculus was kind of under the radar and got less attention even though it ended up doing well at the box office. 

Anywho, not to spoil it too much but the way the movie ended left the door wide open for a sequel. Yet as of now there hasn't been any word on a sequel in the works. Which is a shame because the plot and atmosphere of the movie worked pretty well. If you haven't seen the movie then I'd highly recommend it. 

Movie made 44 million on a budget of 5 million not a bad profit margin would think their would be a sequel???

Also I didn't know it until looking it up but Oculus was filmed in Alabama.

http://alabamaliving.coop/article/lights-camera-alabama/

Fairhope and Mobile were also the locations for the horror/mystery film “Oculus,” released in 2014.

• Like 1

I liked Bird Box! But i just recently, for the first time watched The Big Lebowski. This was the funniest, most enjoyable yet stupid movie I've seen in a while.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, alexava said:

I liked Bird Box! But i just recently, for the first time watched The Big Lebowski. This was the funniest, most enjoyable yet stupid movie I've seen in a while.

WO WO!!!! How you going to make the Dude wait that long?! WHO DID THIS?!?! WHO DO I HAVE TO BLAME for you having to wait all these years to See THE DUDE!!!!???? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alexava said:

First time I watched Lebowski I had no idea what was going on. 

It gets better with every viewing. You pick up on a lot of subtleties in acting and dialogue. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

It gets better with every viewing. You pick up on a lot of subtleties in acting and dialogue. 

I didn’t either. 

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I didn’t either. 

Same and agreed. The Coens are among the most talented filmmakers ever. There's always a LOT more going on than just the narrative. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 9:34 PM, GwillMac6 said:

WO WO!!!! How you going to make the Dude wait that long?! WHO DID THIS?!?! WHO DO I HAVE TO BLAME for you having to wait all these years to See THE DUDE!!!!???? lol

I have probably missed so many jokes over the past 20 years with a “ Dude “ reference. I deprived myself of being able to keep up. I’ll have to watch it again. Stuck watching Cool Hand Luke right now. Never seen it either. So far not really impressed. 

• Angry 1

I have probably missed so many jokes over the past 20 years with a “ Dude “ reference. I deprived myself of being able to keep up. I’ll have to watch it again. Stuck watching Cool Hand Luke right now. Never seen it either. So far not really impressed. 

I *LOVE* Cool Hand Luke. Companion movie to The Great Escape IMO. 

5 hours ago, alexava said:

Wow hard to believe maybe you need to eat some eggs:poke:

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow hard to believe maybe you need to eat some eggs:poke:

That’s bout as far as I’ve seen so far. I almost got sick watching it. 

• Haha 1