Movies

AUBwins

57 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How in the sweet hell did I not know about this, I have got to start paying more attention

I really am over the whole zombie trend(thanks, TWD), but I’m down for anything with Bill effing Murray. Adam Driver is a great actor as well.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Dude seems naturally funny and a good actor. He’s only going to get better if he keeps taking serious roles. 

What was the name of the movie he played a DJ............name escapes me...........older movie that was actually pretty good.

31 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I really am over the whole zombie trend(thanks, TWD), but I’m down for anything with Bill effing Murray. Adam Driver is a great actor as well.

Yep. And I'm going to watch anything Jarmusch does. I wasn't ready for a lot of his early stuff when it came around, but I've got a lot more film watching under my belt now. 

As for zombies, I hear you. But I love when things like that are used as devices in different types of stories. I really loved Zombieland (speaking of Bill effing Murray). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

As for zombies, I hear you. But I love when things like that are used as devices in different types of stories. I really loved Zombieland (speaking of Bill effing Murray). 

I find it hard to not at least think of that quote when I hear Murray’s name. And I enjoyed Zombieland as well. I also like Shaun of the Dead. 

I used to be pretty into zombie movies, and I’ll watch the classics...but studios are just riding that wave and churning them out at breakneck pace and must of them are crap. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I find it hard to not at least think of that quote when I hear Murray’s name. And I enjoyed Zombieland as well. I also like Shaun of the Dead. 

I used to be pretty into zombie movies, and I’ll watch the classics...but studios are just riding that wave and churning them out at breakneck pace and must of them are crap. 

Same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

imo Shaun is a classic

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Tonight’s viewing. Excellent flick. Love every single actor in it.

Top 20 movie all time for me. Almost perfect. Some of the most iconic scenes ever filmed. 

• Love 1

On 5/30/2019 at 7:44 AM, McLoofus said:

Top 20 movie all time for me. Almost perfect. Some of the most iconic scenes ever filmed. 

3 actors come to mind I literally enjoy every movie they're in............Woody Harrelson, Mark Walberg, Bill Murray.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kevon67 said:

3 actors come to mind I literally enjoy every movie they're in............Woody Harrelson, Mark Walberg, Bill Murray.

Do you do podcasts? Are you familiar with Doug Loves Movies? I recommend it to all. Great movie trivia "games". (Tons and tons of weed references, too, especially since Doug gets super high before every taping.)

Anyway, there are some recurring guests, including "Mark Wahlberg", who is actually just an impersonator who is *freak* *ing* *hil* *arious*. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Do you do podcasts? Are you familiar with Doug Loves Movies? I recommend it to all. Great movie trivia "games". (Tons and tons of weed references, too, especially since Doug gets super high before every taping.)

Anyway, there are some recurring guests, including "Mark Wahlberg", who is actually just an impersonator who is *freak* *ing* *hil* *arious*. 

I am on it..........just been in thought on the character Clay Davis and just how brilliant he was........especially when milking Stringer Bell and Little Finger errrrr the Mayor lol.

Edited by kevon67
  • Love 1

On 6/3/2019 at 2:14 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Saw Ma yesterday. It was okay. The trailer made it look better than what it was. 

Usually if the movie company knows the movie is not good/great they will always show the best scenes in the trailer to try and get the most people into the theater before the word gets out that its not that good

• Like 1

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Usually if the movie company knows the movie is not good/great they will always show the best scenes in the trailer to try and get the most people into the theater before the word gets out that its not that good

I just recently heard that lots of times the trailer is out before the movie is even finished. 

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I just recently heard that lots of times the trailer is out before the movie is even finished. 

Yes

On 6/3/2019 at 11:03 AM, kevon67 said:

I just made a Munson joke in another thread. I think I need to re-watch Kingpin because Woody might have actually given an Oscar-worthy performance in that movie. 

• Love 1

On 5/7/2019 at 3:00 PM, kevon67 said:

What was the name of the movie he played a DJ............name escapes me...........older movie that was actually pretty good.

Is this the movie?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/We_Are_Your_Friends_(film)

• Love 1

Picked this up at Target. I remembered  the trailer and liking it. Also a big fan of Spring Breakers(also Harmony Korine).

Going to need multiple viewings because I had a few moments of “what even is this movie?”.

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Yes and thanks.........for some reason I thought it was 2011, then again Zac's not that old so what the heck was I thinking.........remebered it getting bad reviews but I still liked it.

29 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Picked this up at Target. I remembered  the trailer and liking it. Also a big fan of Spring Breakers(also Harmony Korine).

Going to need multiple viewings because I had a few moments of “what even is this movie?”.

Matthew is another actor I thoroughly enjoy.

9 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Matthew is another actor I thoroughly enjoy.

100%. I had written off during his rom-com phase. Then I think he pulled me back in with his role on True Detective. 

• Like 1